Status: Read Author's Note Please <3

Whisper Wreckless

Trouble

Image

Two weeks in La Push and well, it was slightly getting better. I hung out with Sam a lot, and also his friends. They were probably the funniest group of guys I’ve ever been around. They were always cracking jokes on one another, especially Seth, since he was the youngest. But it was all in good fun, he doesn’t mind too much.

I’ve tried being friendly towards Leah, her being one of the only girls amongst the guys, but she’s not a very talkative person. She almost acts like she doesn’t like hanging with the guys. But if she doesn’t, why doesn’t she just stop? It’s not like anyone’s forcing her to go. But their is another girl who hangs out with the guys every now and then. Her name’s Kim, she’s Jared’s girlfriend, and she’s probably one of the nicest girls I’ve ever
met; besides Emily of course.

So, I guess things are getting better. This place is starting to grow on me, in Scottsdale, their wasn’t a lot of nature like over here. But here I am, living in the woods, and I’m finding that I actually like how quaint it is. Who would’ve thought? So much for city girl. Not that I mind much anymore.

I really miss Asher and Elizabeth, though. We’ve talked a lot, but it’s not the same. I want to see my friends, hang out with them and stay up all night in abandoned parking lots like we always did. I haven’t talked to my mom at all. She hasn’t made any effort to get in contact with me, so I figured she didn’t want to talk to me. And don’t worry, the feeling was mutual.

Sam’s one friend, Paul, has been a complete ass. He hasn’t made any effort to talk to me, or get to know me. I know I haven’t done anything wrong to him, so I don’t know why he’s being such a bitch about everything. Whenever he comes over he just looks at me, rolls his eyes and goes back to whatever he’s doing. I mean, what’s going on with that?

I’m doing my best to stay way from him, because he really isn’t worth my of time. Sam told me that it’s just how Paul is. But Emily keeps hinting at something. This might sound weird, but she keeps hinting that h has a crush on me. When he comes around, Emily just gives me this look, and now that I think about it. So does Jacob, and Quil and Embry.

The way they look at me, it’s as if they all know something that I don’t. Emily just gives me side glances, and smiles widely whenever Paul and I are even in the same room. I don’t get it. I’m pretty sure everyone around knows that Paul doesn’t exactly like me, in any way shape or form.

Something weird was going on, though. Sam’s been a little on the edgy side these past few days. He keeps telling me it’s nothing I should be worrying about, but that he doesn’t want me going out alone. Weird, much? I don’t understand what’s going on, and no one will tell me what’s wrong.

I haven’t been outside for without Emily or one of the guys for the past three days. And Sam told me I’m not allowed out at night, at all. I’m getting restless just being surrounded by everyone all the time and being cooped up. Even Quil and Embry, of all people were being all serious, making sure I wasn’t out at all. This is bullshit.

It was only about six in the morning, and no one was up besides me. I wanted to go out for a run, without anyone trailing beside me. So I figured I should just go out on my own. It’s just a run. Besides I follow the trails and I’m pretty sure no one in this town is a serial killer or anything.

I put on my running attire and crept outside quietly. I had to make sure as to not make a single noise, otherwise I would’ve had no time for myself. I got outside safely and once I was off the porch steps I sprinted into a jog through the forest.

I felt good to finally be out on my own. To have no one watching my every move was relief, and I was glad for some sort of privacy. I haven’t gone out on a run since I’d been in Scottsdale. So it felt great getting back into the routine of things.

I continued to run through the forest, but the serenity was quickly shattered when I I felt someone push me and I fell against a tree.

“What in the world?” I muttered.

I looked behind me and saw a woman standing there. She had what looked to be silver hair, she was very thin, and her skin was abnormally pale. But her eyes, oh her eyes. They were blood red, and that was the most unnerving thing about her.

“Well, look at what we have here.” She said, smiling at me sinisterly. “You smell wonderful.” She said, getting closer to me.

“Get away from me.” I spoke before I had even thought of the words.

Ah, well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine.” She said, laughing lowly. “You should put up a good fight, about time someone does.”

What does this chick mean?

I suddenly heard howling not too far from me. The girl froze at the sound. Then her eyes narrowed and she looked angry.

“I should’ve known they would come to protect a creature like you.” She said disgusted.

“Looks like this will have to be quick.” She said boringly.

She crouched back, then leaped towards me. And in a flash she was holding me up by my throat. I kicked at her, but my attempts were futile. She opened her mouth wide and that was when I saw it, fangs.

I started kicking harder, but it most likely hurt me more than it hurt her. She was as hard as marble, and I couldn’t do anything to defend myself. It was then that stopped. and all of a sudden she was being pulled back. It was then that I saw it.

Wolves.

These weren't just any wolves, they were huge. Just like the one I’d seen at the beach before. I had fallen onto the ground, and was coughing and clutching my neck. But I made out what was happening. The wolves were tearing her apart, especially the gray one, he was the most ferocious.

I couldn’t look at it anymore, and I turned around and closed my eyes. What was happening? What was going on? The sounds suddenly stopped, and I heard something stepping towards me. I turned around and saw that it was the gray wolf. I whined and pushed it’s nose towards me.

I knew this was the wolf I had seen before at the beach, so I knew that it could be trusted. “I’m okay.” I croaked.

The darkest wolf came over to me, then nudged the gray wolf. They stared at one another, then the gray one left. The black one looked back at me, and for some reason it was almost as if I knew the wolf. But I knew it wasn’t possible; I’d never seen this thing in my entire life. It nudged me and then lowered it’s body, and I knew what it was telling me to do.

I jumped on it’s back, and then held onto it’s fur. It started walking slowly back to where I had come. I really didn’t know anything. I must’ve been going crazy, who jumps on some random wolf’s back?

The wolf carried me all the way back to Sam’s house, which surprised me. How did this thing know where I lived. It lowered me onto the ground and I was left standing outside of the house. The wolf left me and ran back into the woods.

What did I do? Do I just stand there awkwardly? Do I run back inside to Emily?

I saw Sam and his friends then emerge from the woods.

“Sam!” I yelled out. I ran towards him and he came up to me.

“Did you see the wolves?” I asked eagerly.

“Lynn, I need you to take a breath.” He told me calmly.

“No!” I shouted. “Their was, something out there that almost killed me!”

“I know, Lynn. I know.”

“W-What how do you know? Did you see it?”

Sam looked at me, an then at the guys.

“Lynn, let’s go inside.” Embry said as he stepped towards me.

“No.” I said firmly. “You know what happened?” I asked, more calm.

Sam nodded his head. “It was us, Lynn.”

“What do you mean it was you? How could it be you guys? They were wolves, not
men.” I said, almost laughing out loud.

“Lynn.” Sam said firmly. “We are the wolves. The legends, they’re true.”

I looked back at Sam, then the rest of the guys. It was all true? All the stories, with the wolves, the imprinting, ...the cold ones.

“Vampire?” I asked, hoarsely.

Sam nodded his head yes. “I’m so sorry, Lynn. We didn’t know how to tell you.”

“I almost died, Sam!”

“You shouldn’t of been out there in the first place!” I recognized that voice, it was Paul’s. “You could’ve gotten yourself killed if it wasn’t for us!” He said, coming closer to me.

“How was I supposed to know their was a vampire out there?” I shouted back at him. “If you were honest from the beginning, it wouldn’t of happened!”

“You should’ve listened to us! We told you to not go out by yourself, Lynn. Damn it!” His voice started to soften. “You almost died, Lynn.”

“I know.” I said, shocked that his demeanor had changed so drastically.

Paul looked down at me, and for a moment. Just a moment, he looked like he cared. Cared about what happened to me.

“Paul,” Sam said cautiously.

Paul didn’t turn around to face Sam, he just continued to stare at me.

“Paul, give her some space.” He said firmly.

Paul gave me one last look before he took off into the woods.

What the hell has happened to my life?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry!! I didnt mean to take so long, I've been so busy with work, and my friend is coming back today from base for training and it's been so chaotic!
But Anyways! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, I know it might seem scattered, but it's seen through Lynn's eyes, and that's how everything feels to her. Next chapter gets better! Thanks for the comments to, I'm averaging four a chapter, so thanks.
Can I have some more please? (Oliver Twist much? Lol)
Oh, check out two other stories of mine. Mr. Nickelsen Featuring Garrett from The Maine and As The Flames Die Out Featuring Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low and John O'Callaghan from The Maine, not a slash.
Love ya to bits!
~Minnie
~Minnie