Status: Read Author's Note Please <3

Whisper Wreckless

"What The ***?"

Image

It was real, all of it. Every single thing that I’d grown up to believe was staring me in the face. How could this be? This isn’t supposed to be real, none of it. And yet here I am, sitting on the couch with a vampire doctor making sure I’m okay. With my wolf cousin and his friends, more like his pack.

It all made sense. How big they were, how their temperature was always blazing hot, how they could eat for days, and how they were always out into the late hours of night. They were taking care of the town; protecting them from unwelcome visitors. Vampires; the cold ones.

That’s what was out there. A vampire, who had been passing by was looking for something to eat. And that bitch wanted me for breakfast! This was all too much, is everything that I thought was make believe…actually real?

After Paul left, I’d collapsed onto the floor and passed out. Who wouldn’t after receiving news like that? Now Doctor Cullen, who they’ve informed me was a vampire, was checking on me to see if I was okay. Honestly, vegetarian vampires? What kind of crap is that?

“Lynn, Lynn are you going to be okay?” Emily asked me.

“Yeah,” I squeaked out. “I’ll be fine.”

“I’m so sorry.” She said, taking my hand in hers.

“It’s fine.” I said monotone. I looked over at the doctor. “Finished yet?”

“Yes, I am. And don’t worry; I know it’s a lot to take in. But in time, you will grow to accept it; amongst other things.” He gave everyone his goodbye
and left the house.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked, looking up at Sam.

“I thought you were better off not knowing.”

“And look how well that worked out.” I said sarcastically.

“Lynn, I didn’t want to expose you to all of this. It was better that you didn’t know. But in time, you were going to find out. Just not like this.”

“When were you going to tell me?”

Sam and the guys looked amongst one another. “What?” I asked.

“We didn’t know when, but we were going to tell you.” Jacob said, looking at Sam.

I shook my head. “I need some air.” I said, getting up.

I quickly left the house and walked down the steps and started walking away. How could they keep this a secret from me? I’m family! Especially now that I’m living under the same roof as them. They could’ve at least hinted about it. For Christ’s sake I could’ve been killed! So could they!

Is this what they did? Always? Go around the town, hunting vampires until all hours of the night? How didn’t anyone else find out about this? Hadn’t anyone put it together yet? Well, then again, I didn’t put it together. But I knew something was off about them. Just by looking at them you could tell they weren’t like anyone else around here.

I don’t know how they did it. Running around all the time, not letting anyone into their lives. It must be so hard on all of them. It’s not easy, that’s for sure.

I was walking around the bend when I ran into something, hard. Before I felt back I felt hot hands on my back, holding me. I looked up and saw that it was Paul, and I definitely didn’t want to see him now.

But for some odd reason, the look in his eye made me want to hold him. I didn’t understand it. He looked so sad, hurt. Almost, pained in a sense. I don’t know why I kept looking at him, or why my heart starting beating uncontrollably fast. But I was sure as hell he could probably hear the thumping.

I cleared my throat and stood up, and away from him.

“Hey.” I said awkwardly.

“Hey.” He said, roughly.

I looked up at him and he was without a shirt, once again. But I couldn’t help but have my eyes travel down along his toned chest. I mean come on, what girl wouldn’t look? I heard him chuckle, and I immediately looked back
up.

“So, you okay now?” He asked me.

“Sort of, just taking a breather.”

“Yeah, I understand. It’s probably pretty rough on you.”

“Most likely not as much as you.” I said.

All of a sudden I was flooded with emotions. Sadness, that he had no control of what happened to him. Anger, that he couldn’t do anything about this. Worry, because of what could happen to him. And sympathy. What the hell was going on?

“I deal with it.” He said, his voice hardening.

“Yeah, guess so.” I said, standing their awkwardly.

You guess so?” He said, mockingly.

“Yeah, what else do you want me to say?”

“I don’t know.”

“Okay?”

“Alright then.”

What the fuck?”

“Why do you have to be such a jerk?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“I’m not a jerk!”

“Yes, you are.” I said, keeping my calm.

“This is just who I am!”

“You’re still a jerk.”

“Oh please, you’re the one who’s such a bitch!”

“Excuse me? How the hell am I a bitch?”

“You come into everyone’s lives, acting like you’re God’s gift to the world. Going around, prancing about saying how much you help people, how much you care for others. No one’s that good, Lynn!”

“Maybe no one’s ever been so good to you, Paul! Just because everyone seems to have it together and is happy with their lives; doesn’t mean you have the right to be rude to me! I’ve done nothing to you. I’ve ignored you from day one, knowing you don’t like talking to new people. I did you a favor! So don’t come around, being an asshole to me, for being a good person!”

…..Guess I lost my cool.

“You know what? I don’t need this right now.” He said, as he started
to stomp away.

“Yeah, that’s right Paul, just walk away. Probably something you’re very good at.”

Paul turned around, and stared at me, hard. His face was hard, and he came back, stomping away.

“That’s not what I do! Damn it, Lynn. You don’t even get it!”

“Get what?” I shouted at him.

“I can’t stand you, you know that?”

“I had no idea!” I said sarcastically.

“I don’t even know why I risked getting killed for you! You don’t appreciate any of it!”

“Of course I appreciate it, dumb ass! Maybe if you weren’t being such an ass right now, I would say thank you!”

“Then say it!”

“Thank you!”

“You welcome!”

“Anytime!”

“Okay!”

“Fine!”

“FINE!”

And that was when it happened, that asshole kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
THEY KISSED! Did you like it? I felt like they had to have some kind of contact after all of this time. Sorry for thw wait, college issues and working is taking up so much time =/
But comment, okay? It means so much, and I'm so happy I have seven stars! It's the most I've ever gotten. I'm thinking of making a playlist for the story, should I?
What was your favorite part of the chapter? Mine's is when she says how Paul is so good at walking away haha.
Comment kittens!
~Minnie <3