Let the Credits Start to Roll

I'm Not Faking, Girl I'm Just Saying

“So get this, I wake up this morning right and he’s gone,” my best friend Emma said as she opened her locker next to me.

I glanced over at girl I had gone through medical school with before turning back to my own locker as I started changing into my scrubs. “He just left you alone in his apartment?”

“Yes!” she said, changing into her own scrubs. “Can you believe that?”

“Well did you go through his stuff?” I asked, putting my hair up into a ponytail.

“Of course,” she smirked and slammed her locker shut. “But he had nothing of interest. Can you believe that? Nothing! Please tell me something interesting about your day yesterday.”

I sighed and closed my locker too. “Well I went to the--.”

I was cut off as our Senior Resident came into the locker room. “Alright interns, let’s go. Time for rounds. And don’t let me catch you dozing either. We got a lot of patients to see today.”

Emma and I grimaced at each other before getting in line with the other residents as we made our way through the hospital. “Okay, and we’re done rounds,” the resident said. “You guys have your cases. We’ll meet again after lunch for a follow up.” She walked away and Emma turned to me as we started walking to my patient. I had a simple routine check up today that needed discretion, and the resident thought I was the best for that. Emma followed me.

“Don’t you have to go check your patient?” I asked, walking to the room.

“My patient is asleep,” she said. “She was the second one we visited during rounds.”

“So you’re going to come with me?”

She shrugged and we walked into the room. “Hi, I’m Dr. Porter,” I said, looking at the charts as I walked in.

“Hi, I’m Nick,” he said.

I saw it was just a routine check up for diabetes, so I looked up to smile at him and I practically heard Emma’s jaw drop the moment mine did as well. Nick Jonas, that famous guy from that band of brothers was sitting on the patient’s bed, grinning at me. No wonder this was a high discretion case. If any of the nurses with little girls saw him, we’d have a riot on our hands.

“No fair,” Emma mumbled loud enough for me to hear but too low to reach him. “I get the wart infested woman sleeping and you get Nicholas fucking Jonas. Think he’ll sign my boob?”

Okay, scratch that, maybe the doctors were just as capable of starting said riot. “If you ask him, I will painfully kill you,” I told her as I walked over to him. “Hi, Mr. Jonas.”

“Nick,” he corrected.

“Nick. I’m just going to check your blood sugar levels and some other stuff and give you a routine check up and you’ll be free to go,” I informed him, putting on gloves. I started examining him. I had to start with his face. As I check first his eyes then his nose, mouth and ears, I couldn’t help but notice how hot he was. Like he was really hot. No wonder he was blowing up the tabloids lately. And what with that purity vow thing a couple of years back, he probably had a lot of pent up sexual frustration. God, he was hot.

Emma sat on the other bed. ‘So are you going to tell me what happened now?”

I sighed as I started taking his blood. “They won’t give it to me,” I told her. “They said three times is the limit.”

“That’s so absurd!” she exclaimed. “We need to go back down there and show them who is boss.”

“Tried that, yeah didn’t work so much.”

I finished drawing the blood and sent it through the tube down to the lab. I looked at Nick. “Have you been experiencing any difficulties with your blood sugar lately?”

“No more than usual,” he shrugged.

“Well we’ll just wait for the blood work to come back, and then if everything is normal, you’ll be free to go,” I said, and jotted that down.

“Thanks,” he said.

Emma coughed to get my attention. “Look, you need to do something, Shay. You know I’d love to help you out, but I’m making ends meet right now as it is. But there has to be a way.”

I sighed. “I just wish I knew what to do.”

---

My doctor was hot. She was extremely hot. I had heard of the naughty hot nurses, but every doctor I had had so far was some old coot that often got too friendly. But this lady, Dr. Porter, I wouldn’t mind letting her get a lot more friendly. No, I reprimanded myself. This kind of thinking was what got me in trouble in the first place. The tabloids would eat me up if they saw me with this hot doctor.

I listened quietly to her conversation with her equally hot friend. God, there were two of them? It wasn’t that I was trying to eavesdrop on them, but since it was only us three in the room and my phone had died ten minutes ago, I had no choice. It seemed that my hot doctor had some kind of problem. “Um is everything okay?”

They exchanged a look before the hot doctor sighed and looked at me. “It’s nothing you need to worry about. I’m just having some personal problems right now.”

The other doctor’s beeper went off. She looked at it and sighed. “Great, I got to go. We’ll talk later. Bye, Nick Jonas.” She left us alone.

Personal problems? That meant money. Med school was expensive right? That’s what I heard. “Oh, um anything I can help you with?”

“Unless you have a hundred thousand dollars you can give me, probably not,” she smiled. There was a ding and she went to go get the blood work. I sat quietly while she looked it over.

She smiled back. “I’d say the chances are in your favor. Everything is in order. I’ll be right back with your discharge papers.”

“So, am I going to live?” I asked, smiling my best smile at her.

God, she was hot. And she was smart. She was a freaking doctor! Then, it was like a lightbulb went on over my head. God, why didn’t I see this before? Miley had said I needed something to show everyone I had changed, that I was a good guy. This was perfect.

“Okay,” she handed me the documents. “You’re all set.”

“Thank you so much,” I said, smiling at her. I started walked out, but then turned at the door. “Hey, I might have a solution to your problem.”

“Oh?” she asked, not looking up as she wrote something on her notepad.

I stepped back in and closed the door behind me. “What if I gave you the money?”

She looked up at that, her face immediately suspicious. “And what’s the catch?”

I grinned. “Well see, the press has been making me seem like this bad boy lately.”

“And you want me to tell them to stop?” she asked, confused.

“No,” I chuckled. Hot and funny. Yes! “I want to show them I’m not the player they try to make me seem.”

Her eyes narrowed as she started working out everything I was saying. I knew she was starting to understand. Still, she asked, “What does that have to do with me?”

“Here’s the deal,” I said, confident it would work. “You pretend to be my girlfriend for a while, and I give you all the money you need to pay off your loans or whatever.”

I was confident that my life was about to go back to normal, that everything would work out. When she said yes, everything would work out and I’d be free.

But my jaw almost touched the ground when she opened her mouth and said, “No.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know, not that great a chapter, but I needed this stuff to come out. So what did you guys think? Let me know :] What do you think is gonna happen next?

ALSO, PLEASE VOTE AT THE BMBAWARDS '10 IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!