Imprint.

1/1

It was horribly boring being one of the only ones in the pack who hadn’t imprinted yet. Jacob was always with the Cullens, and while Seth Clearwater liked hanging out with the vampires, it was kind of suckish having to hang around a houseful of couples. He couldn’t go hang out with any of his close friends from the old pack either, because they were always gushing about their imprints or hanging out with them, and that was a bucketful of awkward. Seth hated feeling like a third wheel, which is why he was stuck at home, hanging off his bed upside down on a Saturday night, bored out of his mind.

“Hey, kid. Get up, we’re going out.” Leah said, poking her head into his room, startling Seth.
He jumped, which wasn’t a good idea upside down. He fell off the bed and sat up, rubbing his head and muttering something about knocking.

“Oh, stop whining. Come on, put on some shoes.” Leah said, an amused smile tugging at the ends of her lips. Seth grumbled, but did as she said, slipping on the nearest pair of shoes and throwing a shirt on, standing up and following her out of the house.

“Where are we going?”

“Does it matter?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Do you trust me?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright then. Don’t worry about it.” In Leah’s voice was amusement as she walked out of the house, standing in front of it as she waited for Seth to catch up. When he was standing next to her, she continued walking.

“Are we phasing?”

“Does it look like we’re phasing?”

“No.”

“There’s your answer.” Leah looked over her shoulder, smiling at her brother to let him know she wasn’t trying to be mean. He cracked a grin. Typical Leah.
He followed her through the woods until they reached a clearing.

“We’re almost there.” She said, and Seth could smell the vampire smell from the edge of the clearing. He wondered absentmindedly if Edward or Bella had been out here lately, but continued to follow Leah past the clearing, up to a cliff. She sat on the edge, letting her feet dangle off the edge. Seth took a seat next to her, staring out at the waterfall in front of them. It was quiet for a few moments, both of them just thinking.

“Why did you bring me out here?” Seth asked, glancing over at his older sister.

“I always come out here when everyone else is out. It helps clear my head.” Leah said quietly. She didn’t look at Seth, just stared ahead at the water.

“Oh.” There was a few moments pause, and then Leah spoke again.

“It’s tough being a third wheel, isn’t it?” Her voice held a bit of sarcasm, and underneath that, understanding and empathy. Leah knew better than anyone how it felt to be the awkward one left out.

“Yeah, kind of.” Seth said with a shrug. “It’s just kind of weird hanging around all the couples when I don’t have anyone, ya know?” Leah smiled, nodding.

“I know. Trust me. But there’s no rush, Seth. You don’t have to go driving around, staring at the faces of every girl in La Push. You’re still young.” She said, glancing down at him. “You don’t have to force yourself to be tied to a girl yet.” Seth nodded.

“I don’t want to be yet. Sometimes it feels like I should be, though.”

“Nah. You’re only sixteen, Seth. Save Mom some gray hairs.” Leah said, laughing. She reached over, ruffling his hair. Seth laughed, pushing her hand away.

“Hey, hey! How am I supposed to get ladies if you keep messing up my hair?” He said, reaching up and fixing it.

“Did you not hear anything I just said?” Leah said, her tone mock-angry. He grinned.

“Nope. I never pay attention to anything you say, Leah.”

“Oh, you little squirt, I’m gonna get you!” She lunged for him and he moved quickly, both of them laughing.

“I’ll race you home!” He said, standing up and grinning widely.

“Just don’t cry when I beat you.” Leah said, smirking as she took off into a run, phasing mid-leap. Seth laughed, phasing and chasing after her, all thoughts of imprinting out of his mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah, you thought seth was gonna imprint, didn't ya!
ha, tricked you.