Status: One Shot

You Say It Best

You Say It Best

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing


Laying in the bed of his truck was basically a frequent occurrence. I was his escape from the world and he was the reason I felt love. Most times we didn't say anything; every so often there would be small chatter between us but we connected though silence.

Times like this I didn't feel like a sophomore and him being a senior. There was no age difference we were both misunderstood. Both of us two small town kids who wanted so bad to leave it all behind.(and run off together)

Sure, everybody thinks Dalton is a cocky, arrogant jerk but I know the true him. And truthfully he knew the real me. Mine and his conversations usually involved each other's likes and dislikes. But more than anything the best part was we both enjoyed the silence that spoke directly to our hearts.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all


This relationship, if it could even be called that has been going on for about four months now. We never acknowledged it in public; hell we hardly spoke of it when we were together.

Although, in those numerous serene moments I think we were both confirming it in our subconcious.

"Daisy?" It's the first thing he's signed since we've been out her for the last half hour.

I rolled to my side so I could look him in the eyes; I nodded my head telling him he my attention.

His hands were fast from practice even still I could understood what he was signing.

"Thanks, for being a great-" A slight hesitation in his movements. "Friend. You know your just what I've needed these past few months."

I smiled inwardly but I needed to adress on of my fears and I was hurriedly running out of time. There was only two months of school left.

I spoke aloud the first word,"Dalton." It was something we had practiced the first few weeks of hanging out; he taught me to say his name, it took a lot of practice. Back then we were still writing notes back and forth because he didn't know all the hand gestures yet.

I was trying to teach them to him, but it was a slow process.

He'd taught me a couple other words but I only truly used my voice around him and my favorite word is his name.

I then signaled the rest, "You wouldn't ever completely leave me. Would you?"

He gently cupped my jawline and he hadn't need to speak his eyes gave me the answer:

Never

I was slightly relieved but I could tell he wanted to do something. When your deaf like me you learn alot through people's body language.

He softly pressed his lips to mine.

Then began signing,"I love-"

I stopped him short and signed back, "I know"

He grinned then cautiously holding my hand searching my eyes to see if it was okay. I squeezed his hand. We held each other's gaze for a moment longer then I continued back to my original sight the: sky.

I could still feel his gaze on my face. I rested my head against his chest. And even though I couldn't hear the soft music playing from the radio or even his heartbeat. I adored the silenced and when I looked back up at him.

His eyes were saying something I had overlooked these past couple weeks. The love they held and I knew for a fact mine reflected his. Even though we said nothing at all; it truly was how we said it best.
♠ ♠ ♠
Read and Review.
The song is When You Say Nothing At All by Allison Krauss
<3