Reason to Live

Chapter 11

“So, what’d you think?” Paul asked Marie and I.

“Great!”

“It was awesome!”

“I thought so too,” Paul smiled, pleased with himself.

“Are you ready to go?” Bruce whispered to me. I nodded, as he slid his arms around my waist, leaning towards me to kiss me. Then he pulled away.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“How come you smell like....Eric?” he asked, confused.

“Oh, I stole his jacket,” I smiled. “I think it smells good actually.”

“ All the ladies love the fox,” Eric said, proudly. Bruce glared at him and Marie looked surprised.

“Hmm. Just remember who loves you the most,” Marie said, kissing Eric.

“Bacon, baby. I was kidding. You know how much I love you,” he kissed her back.

“C’mon,” Bruce said sweetly, leading me away by the hand.
When a black stretch limousine pulled up in front of us I covered my face with my hands to hide the fact that I was blushing. “After you,” he said, motioning that I get in.

“What’s next?” I laughed. “Roses?... oh fuck, you actually have roses! Oh my, I just said fuck. I’m really not used to this...level of class,” I giggled.

“ That’s what I like about you,” he smiled, handing me a small bunch of roses. “You’re not stuck up.”

“Thank you,” I said with a smile. He brushed the side of my face with his hand, then leaned forward to kiss me.

“But, if this is too much. We can do whatever you want.”

“No, it’s alright. I’m curious to see what you do next Mr Romance,” I said cheekily. He laughed. His smile was driving me mad. He’s just so cute.

Bruce held my hand as he led me inside a fancy, but crowded restaurant. We followed a snooty waiter while he pushed his way past important looking people , leading us to a private table outside on a balcony. The view of the city was breathtaking!

"I’m so glad you’re here,” he said once we ordered and were alone.

“I’m glad to be here,” I replied with a smile. "Wow! Look at that Mustang!” I yelled as I pointed with excitement to the street below. Bruce found that amusing.

"It doesn't take much to impress you, does it?" he smiled and laughed some more.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Most women would be so caught up in the whole expensive restaurant thing, with the roses, romantic lights, wine and such..... but you. You see a twenty year old car drive past, and there's the highlight of your night!" he laughed.

"This is all great... But you've gotta admit, it was a pretty cool car!" I said.

"You're amazing!" he replied. He leant forward, over the table and kissed me, but we were interrupted as our meals arrived.

We were there for a good two and a half hours, talking just like we did the night we stayed in Eric’s hotel room. I didn’t want the night to end, even though I knew I had to leave for our first recording session in the morning. If I missed that, I’d lose everything I had spent three years working for. I knew I had to get the late flight back to Los Angeles, but I happily ignored that fact.

“It’s a type of pasta,” Bruce explained, amused.

“There’s no way I can say that,” I laughed.

“C’mon, just try it!”

I thought about it for a second, then burst out in laughter. “I can’t, I just cannot speak Italian, I’m sorry. I can say pasta though, at least.”

“Even that you say with an Australian accent. I don’t think I can ever get tired of your voice,” he said, smiling.

“Pasta,” I replied, sipping my glass of wine.

“It’s not just that word. Everything you say. I love it.” Just like that I reverted back to my old behaviour. Blushing, gawking, giggling. Way to ruin the moment.

“Hey, I thought that you don’t drink wine?” he asked, suddenly realising his mistake.

“I don’t,” I laughed. He carefully removed the glass from my hands.

“I don’t want you to be something that you’re not,” he said.

“If I finish that bottle, I’d still be Audrey...just Audrey times ten,” I laughed.

“As appealing as that sounds, I don’t want you doing something that you wouldn’t think about doing sober.”

“You just don’t want me to vomit all over you again,” I teased.

“No,” he laughed. “I don’t want that to happen again. But I’m serious about what I’m saying,” he said, looking at me closely. “I want you. The real you.”

“I...I don’t know what to say,” I blushed. He stood up and lifted me from my seat.

“Say that you want me too,” he said, looking at me hopefully. I grabbed his face and kissed him softly.

“Oh, I do,” I sighed.

“And that you want to come home with me tonight?” he asked.

“I want to go home with you,” I replied honestly.

“I’m so selfish,” Bruce said, leading me through his front door.

“No, you’re not,” I replied, kissing him.

“I am. I know you shouldn’t be here.... but that makes me want you more,” he said, moving his lips down my neck. Things were heating up, our kisses getting stronger and more passionate. That was until my arse collided with his piano.

“Oh!” I looked back, realising where I had sat. He laughed at how shocked I looked. “That’s the closest I’ve ever been to playing the piano,” I laughed.

“Are you serious? You’ve never played a piano?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yeah,” I replied, slightly embarrassed.

“There’s nothing to it! Look...” he said, sitting on the stool in front of it.

“Easy for you to say. You’re Bruce Kulick. You can read music.”

“You can’t read music?!”

“Ok, this is making me feel just a little inferior,” I smiled awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, I just can’t believe it. You can play guitar so well,” he said, pulling me onto his lap.
“It’s been on my to do list,” I explained.

“Try this,” he said, sitting me in between his legs. He slowly slid his hands down my arms, until his hands covered mine. He rested his chin on my shoulder, his hair tickling when it lightly brushed against my chest. He gently lifted my fingers, placing them on the right keys, until, by his guidance, I was playing the introduction to the song “Beth”.

“It’s amazing! You’re playing it!” he yelled, with dramatic joy.

I laughed and turned around so that I was facing him. I loved the look on his face when I wrapped my legs around his waist. “No Bruce. You’re playing me,” I replied, rather seductively. With one hand pulling my face to his, and the other, slowly caressing my things, he pulled me to the floor...
♠ ♠ ♠
That's as far as I'm taking that....for now ;)

The REAL Bruce Kulick talked to me on facebook!!! I'm sure everyone on here knows this already, but I'm so happy I can't stop bragging about it!!!