Reason to Live

Chapter 12

4 months later...

With my eyes shut, I smiled to myself, completely satisfied. My Los Angeles apartment that I shared with my best friend was silent, with the exception of only two noises. The sound of heavy rain crashing down outside, and the sound of my boyfriend snoring. Yes, Bruce Kulick – the hypocrite.

I pulled his arms around my waist tighter and looked up at him. In between the snores he looked so cute. I was finally happy. With myself and life in general, and I owed it all to Bruce. Realising that it was only 6:30am, I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

When I woke up, my face was pressed against Bruce's chest and his arms were still wrapped around me tightly. Smiling, I sat up, and to my surprise he kissed my forehead - I thought he was asleep.

"Good Morning beautiful,” he said with a smile. Our eyes connected for a moment and I returned a smile before jumping out of bed.

"Shit! I'm late!" I stressed, searching the bedroom floor for clean clothes.

"Aw, please come back,” he whinged.

" I gotta be at that studio, they’ll kill me if I miss another session... or worse, they’ll replace me!”

“Babe, they’d be crazy if they replaced you,” he said, laughing at my attempt to pull my Led Zeppelin t-shirt over my head.

“And you know exactly how crazy they are. You can come with me if you want,” I suggested as I chucked his jeans at him.

"Nah , I've got things to do too,” he replied, making no attempt to move. He looked so good in my bed.

I stood in front of my mirror, watching him watch me as I swept my hair away from my eyes. I had my hair and makeup everywhere. He was unaware that my lipstick was smudged on his face too. I looked trashy as hell.
"Unbelievable,” he said to himself.

"What is?" I asked curiously. He smiled as I climbed onto the bed, lying down next to him again.

"How, without even trying, you still manage to look so beautiful,” he said as I threw my arms around his neck. I pressed my forehead against his and he began to smile.

"I know why you said that Bruce,” I accused him while laughing.

“Why did I say that Audrey?” he asked, pretending to be clueless.

“So we can stay here, and I won’t leave because if you say I’m beautiful, you know it makes me want to...”

“Makes you want to?” he asked hopefully.

I kissed his nose, then his lips and ran my fingers through his chest hair.
“I must go now,” I replied in a playful voice. He sighed. “C’mon babe, drive me to the studio and tonight will be a great night for you,” I winked.

“Tonight is Marie’s book launch party thing,” he reminded me.

“Yeah, and? Doesn’t mean we can’t have fun,” I giggled, kissing him.

“I don’t feel like driving,” he said and pinned me down against the mattress.

“I’ll drive myself then,” I replied, not trying too hard to resist his advances on me.

“Not in my car you’re not. When’s the last time you drove a car?” he asked, lifting up my shirt.

“A couple of years. So what? My licence is valid. I’d look good behind the steering wheel of your Chevy,” I teased.

“Not as good as you look on top of me, I’m sure,” he grinned.

“Bruce Kulick! How dare you try to influence me with sex!” I said, pretending to be shocked.

“It’s working, right?” he asked, kissing my neck.

“No, it’s not,” I replied. I was so lying.

When I finally walked inside the studio, I saw Debbie, Holly and Billie smile at me excitedly. I was an hour later than I was when I realised I was two hours late.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late,” I said as I tossed my bag on a table.

"Shhh,” Holly hissed, as she pointed to an office window. Our manager Dave was on the phone laughing.

"What's goin' on?" I asked.

"He's talking to Aerosmith!" Billie whispered.

"No Way!" I replied in disbelief , sitting next to Deb.

"How was your night with Bruce?" Holly asked.

"Oh, it was good,” Deb laughed, as I nudged her. “I could hear them from my room!”

"Yeah, I can tell,” Billie said as she brushed my messy hair with the palms of her hands.
I couldn't stop smiling, and when Dave left his office, neither could they!

"So?" Billie practically screamed.

"Steven and Joe listened to the tape and were very impressed. They want to meet for lunch tomorrow to discuss whether or not you'd want to be their replacement opening act.”

"Oh my god!" Billie squealed. She loved Aerosmith as much as I loved KISS....well maybe not that much.

"About time you turned up,” he said as he walked passed me.

"I'm so sorry,” I said sincerely.

"Nah, don't be. How's Bruce?" he asked with a perverted smile.

"He's great...", I said reluctantly. Debbie unleashed an evil laugh. She really was just a little child at heart.
Little did I know, her and Dave were having just as much fun as I was having with Bruce.