Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Twelve

So Kim and I go down to the lobby and don’t see Jordan. Kim being the most impatient person I know spazzes out.

“Where the fuck is he?” she asked.

“He said he’ll be here at ten, chill.”

“It is ten, where is his ass?”

“Ooh, there he is!” I said as Jordan walked inside.

Jordan let out a big sigh and said, “Sorry I’m late ladies.”

“It’s okay!” I blurted out.

Then of course Kim would notice some guy walking in behind Jordan. It was Sidney Crosby… and of course Kim had to play dumb and pretend she didn’t know who he was.

Jordan turned around and said, “Oh, that’s Sidney Crosby.”

“Oh my gosh, you brought Sid along?!”

Obviously Kim looked annoyed because Sid was my favorite player… ever. She was trying to flatter him by saying how cute he was. Whatever.

“Hey Jordan… ladies,” Sidney said as he stood beside Jordan.

“Hi Sidney!” I let out a big squeal. This is the first time I’ve actually had the opportunity to meet him. After all, I’ve only seen him play on the ice for the Pittsburgh Penguins. This was quite a big moment for me.

There was one thing that was making me feel very uncomfortable. That was Jordan. He kept staring at me. Judging me like woah. And in the meantime, Kim was flirting with Sidney Crosby even though she had a boyfriend of four years back in Pittsburgh…

“Okay, soooo let’s get going?” Jordan suggested.

We walked outside to get into the limo. It was nice going out with a couple of hockey players since my life was always boring. I went to go sit down by Sid, but that bitch I call my best friend hurried to sit down before I even got a chance to.

“Kim, seriously. What is your problem? You have a boyfriend,” I said getting testy with her. Then I sat down next to Jordan, passing mad judgment on Kim.

“I’m in Vegas, I can do what I want,” she snapped at me. Holy sassy pants!

Sidney looked at her, “Wait, you have a boyfriend?”

“Yeah,” she said in return. I hate the fact that she tries to charm guys even though she has a boyfriend. I’ve had just one. We’re high school sweethearts but lately we’ve had a rough patch, so the trip was a good thing for me and him.

“Well, there goes my chance,” he laughed and then looked out the window.

I didn’t like that one. I just stared at Kim the rest of the ride to the bar. I didn’t even want to go to this bar… I wasn’t going to drink anyways because I was underage.

Our limo finally reached the bar and the boys helped us out of the limo.

Jordan reached his hand out for mine.

I was hesitant.

I grabbed it, and then of course I let out an “Aaahhh!” because I tripped getting out. I fell forward and Jordan caught me, pulling me into his massive body.

I looked up into his blue eyes and he was looking back into mine. I pulled away quickly.

“Err, thanks.” I said.

“No problem.” He said giving me a smile.

“Stupid heels.” I muttered to myself.

“Walk much?” Kim said with attitude.

“Shut it, bum.” I snapped back.

“Let’s go, shall we?” Sid said before Kim and I could verbally abuse each other any further.

We all walked to the entrance and got in the already forming line. The bouncer didn’t even ask me for my ID. Everyone always assumes I’m older than I actually am which is nice most of the time. Kim got carded which I found hilarious because she is so much shorter than I am.

We walked in and the place was absolutely gorgeous. The music was extremely loud and people were dancing badly on the dance floor. HAH

Then Kim shouted, “To the bar!”. Well this is gonna be no fun. I wasn’t old enough to drink so I just ordered a water. Kim and Sid ran off to the dance floor or whatever. So that left me with the jolly green giant… Awkward much? Yes.

“So, can you dance?” Jordan finally asked after a long silence.

“Hell no. I’m horrible. You probably can’t do much with your foot either.”

He let out a small laugh, “No. Do you want to go out on the deck or something?”

“Sure, why not.” I said.

We had to walk through the dance floor. I saw Kim and Sid getting down and dirty. Gross. What. A. Freak. I made sure I passed and I pushed her hard enough she almost fell.

“What the hell you freak?!”

“Oh you know what…” I trailed off.

Jordan caught up with me. He somehow fell behind and I hadn’t noticed. What I did notice was a full drink in one hand. Second one of the night? Already?! I swear if he got drunk and I had to baby him, I was gonna kill him.

We found a group of cushioned chairs in a private area and sat down. The night was warm and comfortable and the moon and stars were gorgeous.

“So, what are you currently doing?” he asked.

This puzzled me.

“Well, I’m sitting here. What about you?” I answered sarcastically.

“Ha. No. What I meant, was education-wise.”

“Well, I’m going to community college for physical therapy. Yeah it’s pathetic, but I have to save money. It doesn’t grow on trees ya know? Plus, I ain’t no superstar with a boatload of money.”

“Yeah, true. That’s a pretty good field to get into…” Jordan said. WTF?! He didn’t have to worry about money…

“Yeaaahhhh. Then next year I might go to Pitt or something…” I said. Holy awkward.

I have to admit, it was a pretty boring talking about my education. This was an awkward conversation.

“Where do you hope you end up after you graduate?” Jordan asked.

COME ON! DOES HE REALLY CARE ABOUT ALL OF THIS SHIT? Maybe he is really boring after all…

“Well it’s my dream to work for the Penguins.” I answered sheepishly.

“Wow really? Maybe I’ll put in a good word for you.” He said with a smile.

“That’d be nice.” I gave him a small smile back.

Ugh, this was awkward. But he kept pouring the questions. Why was he trying to get to know me?

“Any brothers or sisters?” he asked. Again with the questions…

“Two brothers. One older and one younger. I had a sister…” I said taking a sip of my drink.

“Oh. I’m sorry.” He said. “What happened?”

“I’d rather not talk about it,” I said getting depressed by the second.

I tried to change the mood quickly.

“I don’t even have to ask if you have any siblings.” I said.

He laughed. “No. They’re quite a pain too. I’m always getting blackmailed.”

I let out a big laugh. “Sorry, that was funny.”

He shrugged. He was downing his third drink. Woah, when did that show up? Oh dear God…

“Boyfriend?” he slurred slightly.

I knew that one was coming. WTF? Asking me personal questions like yeah much? I answered anyways. Maybe that would get him off my back.

“Sorta. We’re kinda fighting right now becau- why am I even telling you this? Are you trying to get into my pants or something?!”

“No!” he slurred.

I glared at him.

“Really I’m not! I’m just trying to get to know you better…” he trailed off seeming unhurt.

I felt a little bad. I’m always a sucker for frowners.

I sighed. “Sorry, just going through a rough time.”

“What happened if I may ask?” he said taking a sip of his drink.

“Long story short, there is a possibility that he might be cheating on me, but I don’t know this for sure…”

“Oh sorry.” He frowned. “I don’t understand why anyone would cheat on you…”

“What?” I asked. I couldn’t hear the last part because it was drowned out by a crowd of people chanting SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!

Jordan and I got up and we saw Kim and Sidney.

“Kim! What are you doing?” I said to Kim while she threw a shot down her throat.

“Jenna, try having some fun once in a while. I’m 22, you’re 19. You’re not my mother.”

I then huffed and said, “Fine, but if you do something stupid, don’t come crying to me.”

Some best friend she was.

I stomped away from her. If she wants to make a fool out of herself she can. I don’t care anymore.

“Jordan, let’s go.” I grabbed his hand and started to pull him towards the entrance.

Someone must have grabbed Jordan, because I was yanked back roughly.

Confused, I suddenly realized what made Jordan pull me back.

Standing in front of him, unbuttoning his shirt was some skank in a tube top wearing a skirt that barely covered her ass, with six inch heels on.

“Come on blonde angel,” she cooed at Jordan slurring her words. “Ditch this hoe and come have some fun with me.”

Oh, now it was personal.

“Excuse me bitch?!” I said cutting Jordan off.

“This bitch is with me.” I said with my bad temper growing by the second. “You don’t like it, deal with it.”

“Oh pleaseeeee! I’ve been watching you 2 alllll night and all he’s done was hold your hand! I bet he hasn’t even kissed you!” she said drunk as ever highly getting on my last nerve.

Before I could even think of what I was doing, I pulled Jordan to me and started to kiss him. Slowly, then it grew more passionately. Wow he’s a good kisser. WHAT AM I THINKING?! I only did this because I figured the poor guy got it all the time. It’s not like I liked him or anything. Geez.

I don’t know how long we stood there kissing each other before we realized the skank was gone. Then I finally pulled away.

“Woah,” he said stunned.

I tried to gain control of my breathing. My head was spinning like mad. What the hell did I just do?!

“Uhh, thanks for that... I think,” He said kind of confused. I caught a small smile when he said this.

“Umm yeah no problem. You prob get that all the time soo… no big deal. Uh okay let’s go before she comes back.” I stammered.

We practically ran out of there.

“Okay, now where?” he asked me.

I caught him slurring his words a bit. This made me uneasy. I had a bad past with people who were drunk. People all the way from complete strangers to my very own brother. I didn’t like it at all. But hey, it was Vegas. I might as well have a little fun with a drunken hockey player.

“I dunno. Let’s just ride around in the limo or something.” I said looking around for our limo.

We finally found it and got in. I had a somewhat good feeling about tonight. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. I didn’t notice him holding my hand. Wow, how long have we been doing that? I couldn’t believe I was doing this. There was a magic tingly feeling where our fingers were intertwined.

What even?

I’ve never even had that feeling with my boyfriend back in Pittsburgh.

Ever.

Oh geez...