Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Thirteen

Shit. What did I just do? I ruined my whole relationship with Matthew. This couldn’t have just happened. What the fuck was I thinking. I should have stayed back. Ugh... So many things were shuffling around in my head. I couldn’t handle this. And how could I explain this to Matthew? I wals already breaking his heart with that phone call earlier today. Sometimes Katey isn’t always right... that was the worst thing I could have done.

“Crosby.... I-I can’t do this.” I said to him pushing him away.

“But it feels so perfect,” his soothing voice made my heart melt.

“Maybe for you... but what about my boyfr--”

“Your boyfriend isn’t here,” he cut me off.

What a fucking self-centered bastard. I hated guys like this.

“Crosby, I love him.”

“Do you? Do you love him?”

I never should have went out with him today... Worst mistake of my entire life. And I never regretted anything in my life... until now. This was horrible.

“Yes,” I started crying. “Yes... I do... I knew I should have told him yes.”

I then ran out the door and sat on the bench outside of the restaurant. All of these thoughts were racing through my head. I thought it was going to explode. How could I do this?

I had to do something. I took my phone out of my purse and tried to call Matt. Straight to voicemail. Which was weird, because his phone’s always on..

Now I started to cry even more... I think my boyfriend is on the verge of breaking up with him... Fuck my life.

Crosby came out and tried to give me a hug to make me feel better, but I shoved him away. I felt so miserable and embarassed. I hated crying in public. The only time I’ve ever cried in public was when Matthew bought me things... or the time when he tried to propose to me... but those were tears of joy.

“I’m sorry,” he softly said.

I tried to turn away but he grabbed my knee and tried to convince me that I was going to be okay. The fuck was he smoking? Does he realize what he just did?

“No, I won’t be okay. I think my boyfriend is going to break up with me.”

“What?”

“His phone’s off... It’s never off.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.”

“No, you’re not.”

“What makes you think I’m not?”

“Because if you were, you wouldn’t have let any of this happen!”

I cried even more and Crosby stood up and put his hands in his pockets with a look on his face. He knew what he did was wrong. But I knew he didn’t actually think that. He wanted me... I wanted nothing to do with him.

“Fuck, I should have said yes,” I said through my tears.

If only I had said yes, he would be here in Vegas with me celebrating. Then none of this would have happened.

I took out my iPhone and looked at the background. It was a picture of Matt giving me a kiss on the cheek. It made me feel like such a miserable person. I regretted every moment of these past two days... whatever happened.

I had to call someone...

I scrolled down through my contacts to Katey.

It rang three times before she answered it.

“Katey...”

“Oh my god, Kim,” she said so surprised.

“Matt’s phone’s off... it’s never off.”

“Shit...”

“I think he’s pissed and wants to --” I started to say before she cut me off.

“No, he’s not. He’s um..” she trailed off.

“He’s what?”

“Fuck... on a plan to Vegas right now.”

I hung up on her.

That fucking bitch never told me and I thought she was my best friend. I thought I could trust her.

“He’s coming to Vegas,” I said with tears in my eyes.

“Fuck,” Crosby said starting to walk away.

I jumped up and grabbed his arm and said, “You son of a bitch. You’re such a bastard. You get me into this shit and you want to leave me here like this?”

He stared at me.

“You’re going to get me out of this fucking mess,” I finished.

We sat back down on the bench and I put my head back in my hands. Then I heard Lizzie’s voice.

“Oh my god, Kim!” Lizzie said. I looked up to see Lizzie with Jon. “Are you okay?”

“No, Matt’s on his way to Vegas.”

“Oh my god... what happened here? Do I--”

“No, I’d rather not say it. It’ll make me feel worse than I already do.”

“Okay well, you know my number if you need anything,” she said before walking away holding onto Jon’s arm.

And no sooner did she leave, my phone went off.

Text from Jenna:
Where are you?

Text to Jenna:
With that bastard we call, ‘Sidney Crosby’

Text from Jenna:
What happened?

Wow, really sounded like she cared...

Text to Jenna:
I’d rather not say... it makes me feel miserable

Text from Jenna:
Oh... okay. Well me and you were supposed to go out for dinner tonight. Remember?

Text to Jenna:
Matt’s on a plane to Vegas right now...

After another few minutes and she hasn’t text me back, I told Crosby to get me the fuck out of here. I needed to be alone for a while.

He took me back to my room and I just laid on my bed... again... like I was before.

I ended up crying myself to sleep and having a weird ass dream. Then all of a sudden, I woke up. That’s when I started to remember some stuff that happened last night.