Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

Seventeen

“Elizabeth come out of the bathroom.” Jonathan said.

“No.” I said to him.

“Elizabeth...” He said.

“Jon leave me alone. I just want to be alone.” I said.

“No you don’t. You want to fix everything, because that is in your nature.” Jonathan said to me.

“We can’t fix that Patrick Kane is a dickwad and that everyone dropped everything to help Kim in her stupid crisis, because someone doesn’t know what the word mono means! Fuck everything.” I yelled.

“Elizabeth come on! I’ll break the door down.” Jonathan said.

“I’d like to see----”

“You aren’t very smart are you?” He said breaking the door door down with no problem.

“Jonathan not now.” I said to him. I was sitting in the bathtub drinking a full bottle of champagne. He climbed next to me and took the bottle and started to drink it with me.

“Listen, I’m not gonna drop everything to help Kim. I’ll give you that much. I think you are a bit higher on my list to help than Crosby and Kim. They are idiots, and we are just smarter ones.” Jonathan said. I took a swig of the bottle again.

“Why are you so nice to me?” I asked him.

“Because it isn’t just me in this mess. You are in it too.” Jonathan said. “You are beating yourself up about this, and I don’t know why. People make stupid mistakes sometimes. I know I have it cost me a game before. We have faults in life we can’t be perfect all the time” He said.

“I never make mistakes. Something told me I shouldn’t have went out you that night, but something in my brain told me I need to take chance once in my life.” I took another swig. “I live in margins so there is never any errors. I’d rather play it safe----”

“----then have fun and live?” He cut me off. I looked at him and he was looking at me. “You don’t actually think I go out and do crazy shit like this all the time do you?” Jon asked me.

“You are a hockey player.” I said to him.

“Yeah a smart one. One that when I go out I don’t get overly drunk and do stupid shit. I’m finally twenty-two and well I thought just once when I was in Vegas why the hell not. Elizabeth you are in the same town as me. You hear stories about my team mates all the time. You never hear a bad thing about me. There is a reason for that. I don’t go out every night get excessively drunk and treat women like shit. I just want to play hockey and enjoy life. I don’t actually care about money, that stupid C on my jersey, or any type of credit it gives me when I go to bars. I want to play hockey and excel at it. Patrick, he got caught up in the fame and now he is like Chicago’s favourite flaming drunk.”

“We both took a chance we never took and no look at us.” I said gulping down the champagne.

“Yup pretty much.” he said taking the bottle and taking a swig out of it. We both took a deep breath and just sighed. “So what do you want to do about everything. Where do you want to take life from here?”

“I want to forget Vegas.” I said looking at him. “But I don’t know if I want to forget you...” I trailed off.

“Well we can forget about Vegas, but then go back to Chicago and take it from there.”

“That sounds wonderful.” I said.

“Well I already booked us a flight back to Chicago at six so we better get our shit together, because I don’t want to be here when everyone is explosive with each other.” Jon said getting out of the bathtub and helping me out. We packed our things I wrote a note.

Everyone,
I went back home. Get your shit together or leave it in Vegas.
Love,
Elizabeth & Jonathan.

Two hours later we were on a plan back to Chicago and we just looked at each other when we sat on the next to each other.

“So what are you doing the rest of the summer?” Jonathan asked me.

“I don’t know. I think I might go to the beach or maybe just enjoy Chicago and appreciate that it isn’t crazy. Maybe I shouldn’t leave Chicago.” We laughed.

“Well I was thinking maybe you’d want to go to Canada for the summer?”

“Why would I go to Canada I don’t have---- Oh.” I said making that Oh face. “Maybe Toews. I don’t leave Chicago that much. It is like my little safe place.” I said to him.

“You’ll never have fun if you don’t leave Chicago ever. I mean just a week in Winnipeg can do you wonders.”

“Maybe.” I said. I looked down at my hand and I was still wearing that diamond wedding band, Jonathan was still wearing his. I looked down and we laced fingers.

“You’re still wearing your ring.” I said to him.

“That I am. I see you are still wearing yours.” He said.

“I never really took it off.” I said.

“Me either.” he said. We leaned back in our seats and we dozed off pretty quickly. When we woke up we were landed. We got to the baggage claim, and we were quiet. I got my suitcase and he got his.

“I’ll see you around Elizabeth Toews.” Jonathan said to me as I was starting to walk away. I grinned.

“See you later, Jonathan Toews” I said blowing him a kiss, grinned at him, and started to walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my last chapter on this story. Everyone else is gonna write one more time and then it is over.