Status: WORKING ON IT

Stories Left Untold

One

“WHAT THE FUCK?”
I covered my ears and prayed to God that the yelling would stop. I am never drinking again.
“Stop the freaking yelling Lizzie! I am hung over and not in the mood to listen to your shrieking.”
A few minutes later, I feel someone shaking me.
“Katey, wake up. Something is going on.”

I open my eyes to see double of my friend Kim and two guys I did not even know.

“Um, who the fuck are the guys and why is there double of you?” I narrowed my eyes and stared at the two guys.

Kim rolled her eyes. “It isn’t important at the moment; we need to get to the bathroom.” She tried pulling me off the chair and I didn’t feel like moving.

“Why don’t you go find out with your two security guards there and let me sleep, I think I’m still drunk. Okay? Thanks.”

A few seconds later, I felt myself being lifted and thrown over someone’s shoulder. I started kicking and screaming.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?” I said pounding on the back of my unknown assailant.
He laughed. “Apparently your husband.”

“My what? I’m sorry but as far as I recall, I was very single. I don’t even have a…” At that moment I looked down at my left hand and saw the cheesy looking ring and I shrieked.

“Jesus Katey, can you calm down until we can figure this out?” Kim said as she placed a hand over my mouth.

“I find out I am married and you are telling me to calm down? Yeah okay Kim.”

“Well it seems like you aren’t the only one.” I hear Lizzie say from the bathroom.
My so called husband put me down and asked, “So does anyone know what happened?”
We all shook our heads.

At that moment Jenna spoke up. “Oh my God! I know who ya’ll are!”

I decided to take a look around the room and saw it was my three friends and four guys I have never seen in my life. “Well, if you know who they are dear Jenna, enlighten us won’t you?”

The guys’ and my friends’ mouths fell open. “You mean to tell me you have no idea who we are?” asked the ‘husband’.

“Um no? Am I suppose to know?” I look skeptically at the group around me. “God I need another drink.”

“Katey! I cannot believe you have no idea who they are!” Kim screams.

“Ok, first of all, quit screaming, second, no. Am I suppose to?”

The guy who carried me spoke up first. “Well I am Patrick Kane, the other guy wearing a wedding ring is Jonathan Toews, we play on the Chicago Blackhawks. The blond is Jordan Staal and the other one is Sidney Crosby, they play for the Pittsburgh Penguins.”

I rose my hand. “Stupid question. But the Chicago who? And the Pittsburgh what?”

Lizzie shakes her head. “The Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins. They are hockey teams? Ring a bell yet?”

“Um no? How do you know all of this? No offense to you guys, I am sure you guys are good players or what not, but I am not a huge follower.”

“Right now I don’t think that’s important, what is important is how we got here and what happened last night.” Jordan piped in.

“He has a point. The only thing I know of is that we were at the awards last night and now here we are. And four of us are married.” Jon said in a serious tone.

I gagged. “Ew, don’t even say that word. I despise that word.”

Patrick wrapped an arm around my shoulders and smiled. “Now hold on a minute. There is nothing bad about being married to me.”

“Except that you are a man whore.” Kim mumbled.

I pushed Pat’s arm off of me. “Yeah, I am not the relationship kind of girl, let alone in a relationship with a so called man whore.”
Jordan points at Jenna and Kim. “Wait hold on. I know you two. I bumped into you down in the casino yesterday afternoon.”

I stared at them. “You bumped into a GUY when we got here yesterday and didn’t tell me or Lizzie?”

“Well, um, it was no big thing. He just bumped into us, I dropped my keys, and he picked them up and gave them back.”

“So these were the chicks you were talking about?” Sidney asked while smiling.

Jon cut Jordan off. “Back to the main topic of discussion. Does anyone remember what happened last night?”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the open bar. “Obviously we are all hung over and don’t remember anything.”

“Why don’t you stop drinking for a minute so we can figure this shit out.” Lizzie proclaimed. “That way we can all go back to our own lives or whatever.”

“Yeah like that is gonna happen.” Patrick rolled his eyes.