Status: Complete

Home Sweet Home?

Luci's Coming In

Humans.

Such a disgusting race.

All of the males are driven by rage. All the women are ruined by lust. The children are controlled by greed and sloth. The elderly are littered with envy.

All of the human race is flawed and broken. As a whole, they are ruined. They are dirty. They are worthless.

Yet I was replaced by them. I was perfect. I was a warrior; a soldier; a messenger. I was the greatest of creatures this world, and any world, could fathom. I was an angel. One of the most powerful angels that ever dared walk in that cloud kingdom people call Heaven.

I saw these creatures as they were: animals.

Filthy, pious creatures who knew nothing of the divine glory of God. Who could care less about carrying on in his name. Who did things thir worthless souls desired in his name. God granted them something we angels never got--free will. They had a choice to ignore him, to forget his rules, to deny his existence. And yet we, the angels, were forced to bow to his every will no matter how unrealistic it was. We were forced to follow orders no matter how wrong they may have been. We didn't have a choice. We didn't have the ability to think.

We were robots to a child on a toy thrown. And so I put that child in place. I told him that we were his creations first and who are those miserable and pathetic sacks of meat to be his most beloved creatures? While we, who were told to follow his every will and bow before him and give ourselves to him, were forced to bend to those knuckle dragging morons? How is that reasonable? How is that normal? I was cast out of my home because God didn't get his way. I was banished by my brother, my own flesh and blood. He fought me to the death and I was made an enemy of the one person I loved more than anything.

And now these cretins have the nerve to blame their sins on me. I am nothing more than angel who was cast down. I am not the only but I am the first. I started a war against that so called deity. I showed those numb marble statues up there who we are. Who we could be. And they are cast down just as I was. All the more he decides to throw down at me, all the more I have so I may fight against his army once more and earn my right to be in that heaven. I do not deserve to be in this…..dark place. My name means bearer of light. I deserve to be in his good grace! Instead, I am forced to crawl beneath the earth like a maggot. Like a derisory bug, scrounging around for a bit of light to be shed on me. Searching effortlessly for the gratifying feeling of being loved once more.

There is nothing wrong with that.

So I use unconventional means of getting into that light but who cares? So a few of those deplorable scum die? Their numbers are large and their sorrow is fleeting. None are more disposable than the humans.

I am going to get to that light if it's the last thing I do. And I assure you…..

It wont be.