Status: Complete.

Burning Bridges, Building Love

26

“Let’s go to the beach!”

“No.” Jake grumbled into the pillow. Rayne had discovered how lazy Jake could be. The man didn’t even bother to get up and go to his own room, despite the fact he’d actually be able to sleep there, to go bed or even change. He just snuggled under her covered, suit in all, and assumed he’d be able to go to sleep. Not with Rayne Knightly around.

“Yes!” She giggled jumping on him and bouncing on his back childish. “Come on! It’s only midnight!” the thought of being asleep before two am was ludicrous to her. She was use to going out drinking with friends and family all night getting little to no sleep and going riding or doing stupid stunts all day long then staying up all night again. The joys of RedBull’s and Rockstar drinks through out the day and night keeping them all awake.

“And we have to be,” Jake stopped as his back popped. Rayne pulled back at the sound nervously, giving a weak smile. “Thanks. I wanted you to break me when we have to be up at five am.” Jake laughed at her stretching his arms out slightly at the light feeling in the muscles of his back.

“That’s nothing! Please, the beach is just right out front.”

“Then go.” Jake laughed pulling the pillow closer and waving a hand at the idea.

“I don’t wanna go alone! What if I get attacked?” She gasped at the idea.

“Then I feel sorry for who ever’s dumb enough to attack you. Thanks for popping my back hulk.” Rayne gasped slamming her hands against his back. “Why won’t you leave me alone?” He laughed rolling over. Rayne giggled at his messy hair and one open blue eye.

“Good morning sunshine. This is what you get for trying to sleep in my bed.” Rayne stated. Jake frowned. “Hey I didn’t even get a party favor so go to the beach with me.”

“Party favor?” Jake grumbled half-awake as he began rubbing one of his eyes like a small child.

“Yeah.” Rayne giggled. “Either I get a party favor or we go to the beach. No one ever ends up in another persons’ bed with out a party favor.” Jabbing at his chest she gave a sharp nod as if it was law. “So either party favor, or beach.”

“Party favor?” he whispered again still confused.

“Unless you’re going to fuck me while we’re uber drunk we’re going to the beach!” Rayne giggled pulling at his hand once both eyes sprang open. “You clearly don’t party enough….oh god you’re fat!” She grunted still tugging on his arm.

“Okay. Okay.” Jake got up stretching his arms with a jaw. Rayne pushed her arms in the air in victory as Jake watched her. With a swift movement his arms latched around her waist and tugged her down into bed. Rolling over on her he smiled at her pinned form. “Bed time.” He yawned.

“No fair!” Rayne giggled wiggling under him in hopes to get free. “You’re fat.” She teased still struggling. Jake just yawned in her ear.

“How’s this for a party favor?” he mused into her shoulder.

“Pretty shitty.” She grumbled realizing how stuck she was.

“And oddly enough I’m okay with that.” Jake laughed shifting slightly, making sure she was still pinned and drifted to sleep leaving Rayne to wiggle under him in hopes to get free.

“You suck.” Rayne huffed the next morning while climbing into the company van. Jake raised a brow at her comment. She’d been gone when he woke up that morning, surprisingly he had a rather good nights sleep. “I nearly suffocated because of your fat ass.” People turned to watch the two at the comment.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jake mused looking for an open seat. He took the one next to Rayne with a sigh. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to sit next to her it was more that he was sure she was going to hurt him for not going to the beach. “I’m not fat.” He teased as the van began to move. Rayne giggled over at him and peered out the window. Smiling Jake fist pumped at her silence and licked his finger dragging it in the air.

“One point my ass! For what?” She giggled.

“You were speechless for a moment.” Jake smiled. Rayne again rolled her eyes and waved a hand at him.

“I’m never speechless.” She stated as Jake hummed nodding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Halloween