Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

Jack's Secret

Alex’s POV

-----Lunch the next day-----

I casually walked into the cafeteria, a random blonde chick attached to my hip. To be honest, I didn’t even know her first name. Glancing over at her, I noticed she was wearing a mini skirt that would have not even been considered dress code appropriate with a pink tank top. Why hasn’t she been caught yet? Probably because of the shitty way they watch over students, not that I really cared in the first place.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Alyssa stepping out of the food line with a tray. A piece of pizza and grape juice sat atop of it. I assumed she was heading her way towards Jack, which were also with her other friends. I caught a glimpse of a girl wearing a light orange v-neck with medium-ish hair sitting next to Jack. I’m not gonna lie, she looked pretty hot in my opinion. After ogling my eyes at her for a few minutes, I averted my attention back to Alyssa. She was halfway to the table, walking at a normal pace.

I guess I should go talk to her for being a douche bag. Maybe that will make her change her mind’ I thought.

Strolling over to her, I thought about what I was going to say. Eh, maybe a simple ‘sorry’ and a ‘let’s be friends’ would work. Once she caught sight of me, she stopped in her tracks, her eyes squinting at me.

“Hey Alyssa; Look, I’m sorr-“

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, “What do you want Gaskank? You know I’m not going to forgive you anyways,” I ignored the insult, plenty of people already call me that; two of them being Jack and Alyssa. I knew for a fact that Jack was kidding though, Alyssa, not so much.

“Alright so, I just wanted to apologize for being a douche yesterday, and basically molesting you in the kitchen,” I chuckled slightly at my comment. Well, I didn’t really molest her, but I’m pretty sure she got the point. Once again, she rolled her eyes, ignoring me and trying to walk past me. I grabbed her arm, pulling her arm back towards me while she was mumbling profanities and trying to resist my grip. “Did you hear what I said? I just told you I was sorry, and I, Alex Gaskarth, don’t apologize to a lot of people,” I cockily said. I guess I really pushed her buttons; it seemed as if steam was coming out her ears. She looked really tense, and was clenching her jaw line.

“Well, are you gonn-“

I couldn’t finish my sentence, for she had taken the pizza that was on the tray and squished the pizza into a blob; later shoving it down my shirt. I gasped, feeling the sauce of the pizza oozing down my shirt. It didn’t feel pleasant at all. Next, she took the grape juice, opened it, and poured it all over my head. Did I mention I was wearing a white shirt?

Wiping the juice that was on dripping down by my eyes, I groaned. I could hear some of the surrounding students laughing, probably at me. Hell, I would probably be laughing if this happened to some other kid. After giving Alyssa a cold hard stare while she smirked at me, I lifted my wet, sticky shirt off my chest, letting the pizza fall and air come through. I continued to fan myself with my shirt, trying to dry myself off while heading over to the bathroom.

I pushed open the door to the boys’ bathroom, retracing my step to make sure I had gone to the right one. Better to be safe than sorry, I didn’t want to be even more embarrassed by going into the girls’ bathroom. Yuck.

Splashing water onto my face, I tried to get the grape juice off, hoping it wouldn’t leave a mark. I looked up into the mirror, I was a mess. My hair had basically turned purple while my t-shirt had an orange tint to it. I looked like some lazy sleaze of a dude, mostly like the cliché ones who sat on the couch all day and watched television while their wives told them to ‘get a job!’

Grimacing at the thought, I continued using a soaked paper towel to dab my shirt, hoping to God it would come off. That wasn’t really working out so well though. At least I had gotten the grape juice off of my hair and face, only a few strands of the hair was purple. Thinking back at what I had done to Alyssa yesterday, I concluded that maybe I really did deserve what she did. After all, I really was a douche to her yesterday. Ugh, well this apology obviously really didn’t turn out smoothly. Maybe I’ll try another time; I guess it was just too soon.

I almost shit my pants when the door immediately bursted open, banging the wall in the process. The guy looked to be one of those typical jocks. He smirked at me; eyeing me up and down, obviously knowing what happened earlier. I rolled my eyes. Wrong decision Alex.

The jock stopped in his tracks, “What did you just do, Gaskank?!”

“U-Uh, nothing, just leave me alone,” I waved off, getting ready to walk out. He smirked once again, is that the only thing he knows what to do? When I walked by him, he lightly pushed me in the shoulder. What a douche.

This has officially been the worst thing that a girl has ever done to me’ I thought. But the one thing was, even though Alyssa did that to me, I just couldn’t stay mad at her.

It was as if it was impossible.

Ugh! Stop it Alex! Stop thinking that you have a thing for her!’ My conscious yelled at me. I tried to agree with my mind, but I can’t. Is it true? Do I actually have a thing for Alyssa Taylor?

I’m not entirely sure.

Alyssa’s POV

I smirked, feeling accomplished. Alex finally got what he deserved. On my way to the table, I had gotten some high-fives from fellow students. I smiled victoriously, finally arriving at my destination. Jack probably saw what happened, because when I stepped in front of him, a pout was evident on his face. “Alyssa, where’s my food!?” He whined, slouching dramatically.

“Uh yeah, about that. Sorry, I kinda shoved it down Alex’s shirt. I promise, I’ll buy you some tomorrow,” I grinned. Jack’s pout suddenly disappeared.

“Yay! Thanks Lyssa. And yeah, I saw. It was kinda epic,” He laughed. I grinned while he gave me a high-five. I hugged him, heading over to Melanie. She was seated a few seats away from Jack. Honestly, she looked bored to death. It was obvious because she was engulfed in her phone, and I knew that she was doing nothing on it.

“Hey, you looked bored. I know how to cure it, talk, to, Jack!” sarcasm dripping off my tongue in the last part of the sentence. Melanie looked up and rolled her eyes.

“You know I can’t do that Alyssa,” she replied, scoffing in the process. “By the way, nice move; Gaskank finally got what he deserved. Didn’t know someone like you could pull it off,” She said with no emotion. Hmph, this girl was really stubborn, I wasn’t lying.

After a few more minutes of mingling with Melanie and Jack, the shrilling noise of the bell rang. Before I knew it, Jack and I were headed to U.S. History. Great.

I felt like this was the shortest lunch I’ve ever had.

Melanie’s POV
-----After school-----


Sharing my goodbyes with my fellow friends in my last class and Alyssa, I headed my way out to the front of the school. I honestly couldn’t stop thinking of Jack these past few days. He was just too damn adorable! I sighed, pushing the doors of the school open, the sunlight hitting my eyes. Squinting, I walked out onto the cement, feeling the heat radiate off my skin. I noticed Jack sitting on one of the benches. I immediately blushed, glancing at him before pacing just a little bit faster.

I walked a few more feet before stumbling what I guess was a rock. Damn it, now I made a fool of myself. I was currently on the ground face forward. I already knew that my hands and knees were scrapped because they stung like hell. I groaned. The pain was unbearable; I felt like cutting off my hand would be less pain. I laughed at myself; that would be crazy. I would never cut my hand off.

I sensed someone kneeling beside me, their hand on my back. I looked to my side to see the one and only, Jack Barakat. I blushed at how close are faces were. I swear I could see his face turn into a light shade of red. He held out his hand, showing me a half smile. I blushed again. Ugh! It was the stupid hormones. I mentally slapped myself in the forehead. Looking down at his hand, I simply stared at it. Wow, do I feel dim-witted.

After a couple of seconds, I put my hand into his, and Jack tried to pull me up. But he stopped when we were about two centimeters away from each other’s faces. Blushing yet again, I stared into his brown orbs that probably most humans call eyes.

He chuckled, “Well, t-this is awkward,”

“H-Hah, yeah...”

Before I knew it, we were leaning closer to into each other, closing the few centimeters between us. ‘Whoa, what! Why are we leaning in? Uh, what do I do?’ I thought. I decided to just go with the flow and lean in, but my plans were soon crushed.

“Yo! Jack, bro!”

Jack groaned, helping me up, and then turning around to face Alex. Damn it, why does Alex have to always ruin everything? I stayed out of the conversation they were having, I wasn’t in the mood to be eavesdropping. I waited for what was maybe an eternity. Honestly, I wanted to go home, but it would be rude to leave Jack without saying bye; he did help me up too. The least I could say was a ‘thank you’

“Um, Melanie, Are you alright?” Jack snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Um yeah, thanks,” I said turning around. My breath hitched in my throat when I noticed how close he was standing next to me. My stupid hormones took control of me once again, and decided was the right time to blush. Fuck!

Jack chuckled, “So? Where were we?”

We both leaned in, our lips meeting in a mere few seconds. It was neither a passionate nor a rough kiss, but it was a gentle. I didn’t mind one bit. Jack pulled away, his eyes soon showing regret.

“I’m sorry Melanie. I shouldn’t have done that,” He whispered, getting ready to turn around and leave.

“No, Jack! Wait!” I pulled on his arm. He faced me once again,”No, I loved it.”

“Really?”

“Haha, yes Jack, really,” He chuckled.

“Melanie, I have something to say to you,” Jack said, his words were unstable, signaling that he was nervous. I knew what was going to happen.

“What Jack? Okay, if you don’t like me, so be it. But why did you have to kiss me if you don’t?” I exclaimed, my voice booming out of nowhere. Jack’s eyes looked terrified, and he was shaking his head.

“N-no Melanie! It’s nothing like that,” He shook his head.

“Then what Jack?”

“I’ve thought about it for a while…” He trailed off. I leaned in close because his voice was so low. I waved my hands, telling him to go on, “A-and, a-and, I think, no wait. I know that I like you. You’re such a beautiful girl, and I have no idea why I didn’t tell you sooner.”

I put my hand over my mouth, I can’t believe this! Jack fucking Barakat just said he liked me; my crush since last year.

“I think you already know this, but Jack. I like you too,” I smiled.

To: Alyssa Taylor
September 14, 2004. 3:13 PM

Oh my God! Guess what?! Jack Barakat just confessed that he liked me<3
Text me back ASAP!
XoXo’
♠ ♠ ♠
¡IMPORTANTE!: So, I'm assuming you guys are really confused right now. And just to let you all know, I changed the date. It was orginally November 5, 2002. But obviously, that was around ATL's Freshman year. So I changed it to September 14, 2004. So please, if you are going to get lots of emails, it's because I'm editing. But please don't let that be the reason for you to unsubscribe. If you are still confused about this, please comment me and I will explain it better to you.

^^^Okay, so you guys do realize since this is my first story, I work really hard on it, and I try to make this as realistic as possible? I'm sorry this hasn't been up sooner. But, I still read each and every comment you give and personally thank you for it. So, it's not like I'm not on Mibba.

Read my friend Celina's story. It's also an AWG fanfiction(: I Guess I'll Go Home Now I love it<3

Thanks for being patient, I love you guys so much(: