Status: Slowly Active

What Makes It Wrong For Us To Fall In Love?

The Dog and Bird

Alyssa’s POV

New text message received.

My phone vibrated in my right hand as I was walking towards the parking lot of the school. Always walking home wasn’t my favorite thing to do, why couldn’t Mom pick me up at least on some days? Oh, that’s right, she’s either working today, sleeping, or just too lazy to pick me up I guess.

I flipped open my phone, later realizing that the text message was sent by Melanie. We did say goodbye after school a few minutes ago, but something seemed to bother her. I bet it was just her mood swings is all, or all those complicated problems with Jack.

From: MelDawg (:
September 14, 2004. 3:14 PM

Oh my God! Guess what?! Jack Barakat just confessed that he liked me<3
Text me back ASAP!
XoXo


My hand instantly flew over my mouth in less than a matter of two seconds. Are you serious? It was only about a few days back when she told me. Damn, that girl is getting some process into her relationship. Jack and she will probably be in a relationship by the end of the week. I just know it. Maybe it’s my predicting power, who knows.

Wow, how crazy am I getting? I’m basically talking to myself, this can’t be good. Snapping out of my thoughts, the keyboard was being typed on by my fingers after a short amount of time.

To: MelDawg (:
September 14, 2004. 3:16 PM

No way! Ah, are you serious?! That’s so cool (:
Hope you guys go out soon<3


From: MelDawg (:
September 14, 2004. 3:19 PM

Thank you<3
Love you bestie :)
Hint hint. When are you gonna get a boyfran?
XoXo


To: MelDawg (:
September 14, 2004. 3:21 PM

No problem.
Love you too<3
And shut up! I don’t want a ‘boyfran’ yet, mind you.

P.S. Go on a date already! XD


From: MelDawg (:
September 14, 2004. 3:22 PM

Yeah, uhuh. In no time, I’ll set you up with the right guy ;)

Whatever, don’t tell me what to do!


Just by reading that text, it was obvious they were already going on a date. I wasn’t going to be nosey about their date this time. It was between them, not me, and being the supposedly good friend I am, my idea was to ask for details tomorrow.

Image

Melanie’s POV

It was 7:30 PM at night, a slight breeze wafting through my crème colored window. I was currently applying my black eyeliner, making my eyes appear bigger while straightening out my light blue stripped shirt. They went perfectly with my dark blue skinny jeans, and black flats. Jack was taking me to see a movie with him tonight. Cliché, I know, but I thought it was the sweetest of him to do.

To be honest, this was my first date, ever. I was probably the most excited human being on this planet right now. Over exaggerating, but my over excitement and nervousness cause my hands to shake and my hands to go exceedingly cold. I don’t even know why.

The bathroom and bedroom lights were turned off with my purple nail-polished finger as my feet went on their way downstairs. Mom was currently in the kitchen, making for what I assumed was dinner, her famous spaghetti may I add.

“Where are you going?” My mom asked; being the paranoid woman she is.

“Relax, Mom. I’m just going somewhere tonight,” I replied.

“And where is this somewhere?”

“Um, just to the movies with a friend.”

“Okay,” She suspiciously said, holding out the ‘okay.’ “But I made spaghetti!” Yep, I knew it.

“No thanks, not right now. But maybe if we come home after the movie, we can eat some?”

“Alright sure, have fun dear.”

“I sure will Mom,” Smiling and coming up with the possibilities on how this date would go in my head. It was considered a date, I think.

“Mhm. Will I be able to meet this friend of yours, afterwards?” There’s the paranoia again.

“Yeah, he’s just a friend anyways.”

For now.

“Oh, so it’s a he, eh? Interesting,” She said skeptically, doing that annoying thing with her eyebrow. It just annoyed me so much for some reason.

“Yes Mom. I promise. I won’t be doing anything ‘inappropriate’ tonight. Now I have to go to the front door, and wait until he gets here.

“Okay. Love you sweetie.”

She waved, going back to making her spaghetti. So far, it smelled delicious.

My mom was gorgeous to say the least. She looked just like me, but with longer hair. Her chestnut wavy locks came over her shoulders, but mostly had it tied into a bun. Standing at a whopping 5’5, she was a couple inches shorter than me. I mean isn’t everyone taller than or at least as tall as their Mom? Sometimes she could be paranoid and mean, having those moody days. And other days, she could be carefree and the best Mom in the world. I loved how she kept her free spirit even though Dad died…

I was about seven years old when he passed away. It was a very typical accident; a car accident to be exact. The other drive that rammed into his car just wasn’t paying attention I guess. Being the oblivious seven year old I was, the thought never occurred to me that he did actually die. On the nights when falling asleep was impossible, I could hear my mom’s silent sobs at night since her room was next to mine. I was always questioning why she was crying though.

I actually never knew Dad was gone until I found out of the age of thirteen. At the time, I assumed that Dad was gone for another business trip, but asking my mom where he was hit me. Her sob story began; I can still remember it clearly. She broke down, and it wasn’t a tear-free conversation at all that night.

Getting a little bit off subject here, but I guess that’s what the situation does to me.

The doorbell rang with sudden force; snapping me out of my thoughts. My feet carried me to the front door once again, and I opened the door slowly, revealing none other than Jack. He reached out his arms, as if to say ‘Come and hug me now, woman!’

Smiling, I returned the favor, giving a friendly and warm hug.

“Hey Mels. You ready?” My lips curled into a smile and my cheeks warmed at the nickname he gave me.

“Whenever you are, Jacko,” Giggling, we made our way to the heather black colored car, assuming that it was his parents.”Is this your parent’s car?”

He scratched the back of his neck in a nervous manner,”Heh, yeah…S-Sorry I couldn’t get a better ride. Wait! You’re not going to leave, right? You know, cause of the car.”

“No! No! I was just wondering,” I blushed.

“Alrighty! So off to the movies we go!”

He opened the passenger door for me. Aw, what a gentleman he is. Smiling, my body stepped into the car, and he closed it right afterwards. My seatbelt was put on already, and Jack made his way around the car, into the driver's seat.

"Ready?" Jack flashed his charming smile. No girl could resist it.

I nodded.

The car was put into drive, and I felt it move backwards out of the drive way.

Jack seemed very nervous tonight. It was obvious because his fingers were shaking rapidly on the driving wheel. His eyes were also very focused on the road and shiny lights. It was as if he didn't even blink.

Jack's just really weird sometimes.

I didn't blame him, I was also a tad bit nervous as well, but he was obviously more nervous than I was.

Maybe this was his first date too?

If it is, good. We'll both be inexperienced and see where this goes. If not, I have no idea why then.

We turned onto the street, the drive going smoothly until…

“Hey! What the hell? Why is that dog chasing a bird?” Jack screamed, he was being easily distracted.

I shrieked, “Jack! Watch out!”
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG, CLIFFHANGER

Okay, so first of all. I'm really really sorry I haven't been writing for like, what, a month now? I just really haven't been in the mood to write, plus I've had lots of school work and crappy homework to do, and it just distracts me from writing. I will try to write more in the future, probably more on the weekends since I have more time, or when I'm done with homework. Bleh.

Also, I tried to limit on the I's in this chapter. Why? Because I always look back and actually read some of my chapters, and notice there's a lot of I's in there, and it seems to bother me. I don't know if it has bothered you as well. I like to improve my writing :)

Please comment! I know I haven't updated, and I've lost about three subscribers in that time spam, but I still have a lot of you sticking with me, and I want feedback please. This is exactly what other authors do, and I will start to do the same.

What did you like about it? What did you hate? What did you wish would happen? What did you not expect? What did you find was funny? Etc. Something that tells me about what you read. I get no feedback from the comments that say Loved the chapter! Update soon :D', yes I still appreciate them, but it doesn't help me with my writing as an author. If you are an author too, you would exactly know what I am talking about. I also like to leave long comments(for you authors that already know.) So please, do the same? Thank you! :)

By the way, I will never ever do the types of formats authors do that say "Give me -insert number comments here- and I will update or else!" ever again. Oh yeah, I've noticed I kinda did that in the past. Not anymore! :) I'm not saying that authors that do that are horrible and bad. It's just not my thing anymore. So if you do that, I am not offending you, and if I am, I'm sorry!

i love you guys. I will update soon. <3