Remembering Sunday

Memory Two

[Annie]

It may be long before the law of love is recognized in international affairs. The machinery's of government stand between and hide the hearts of one people from those of another. ~ Gandhi

I took in my surroundings as I followed Mr. Jonas through the hallways and through the doors until we got into the arena where the boys were doing a quick sound check. Mr. Jonas offered a warm smile and lead the way to his boys. I loved how as soon as they saw their father they all had smiles on their faces. I missed that...

"Boys, I'd like you to meet someone." Mr. Jonas said with a smile. I smiled in return. Joe jumped off the stage, and Nick and Kevin followed in suit.

"Boys, this is Annie. Annie, this is Kevin, Joe, and Nick and over there," he said pointing on stage, "are Frankie, Danielle, and Lacey." I waved at them after smiling at the boys. Some how my smiled grew as I was pulled into three bear hugs.

"We hug in this family. Better get used to that." Joe said laughing then draping his arm over my shoulder.

"I could get used to that." I said laughing lightly. He smiled once again.

"So, not to be rude or anything, but how exactly do we know you?" Nick asked suddenly curious to why I was here. I sighed and shifted uncomfortably.

"She's my baby cousin."

All eyes turned to Garbo who eyed Joe's arm and then raised his eyebrow. I laughed.

"Yep, that's me. Garbo's cousin." I said blushing. I was purposely trying to stay away from the subject on why I was really joining the tour.

"That's cool." Joe said. I nodded. I could already tell I was going to get along with Joe.

Mr. Jonas was talking to Garbo before he excused himself and took Frankie with him. He smiled and waved and I got a hug from little Frankie.

"So, Annie, where are you from?" Kevin asked.

"She's from Australia." Garbo answered for me. I nodded.

"No way! You are my new best friend." Joe said enthusiastically. I laughed.

"Yep. Can't you tell by my accent?" He looked like he was in thought and then he laughed.

"Yeah, you do have an accent."

"So, Annie, how old are you?" One of the girls who were standing with Frankie when I first walked in asked me.

"Um, I'm 17. Turning 18 soon." I said. Her eyes lit up.

"Me too!" She said moving away from Nick and coming to stand by me.

"Are you excited to be on tour?" Danielle asked me. I nodded and smiled. She laughed.

"So, why are you -" Nick was cut off by Garbo's voice.

"Who wants to go out for lunch?" He said asking the room? His eyes landed on me and I silently thanked him.

I knew exactly what Nick was going to ask. So, why are you here on tour with us and not home in Australia? I sighed. I wasn't ready to open up to them. I knew they were nice people but I couldn't trust anyone just yet.

"Yeah, I could go for some food right about now." Kevin said draping his arm around his wife's shoulders. She leaned into him and we all agreed.

After lunch, we went and stayed at the nearest hotel. I roomed with Lacey, who turned out to be extremely nice. I really liked her and already considered her as a friend. Along with Joe of course. Lacey is dating Nick, and has been for quite some time. As much as I'd like to think I'm jealous, I really don't know what I'm feeling. I like Lacey so, I can't be mad. Plus, what are the chances of me and Nick being together? One and a gazillion? I sighed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Lacey said walking out of the bathroom?

"Nothing I'm just tired, that's all." Tired of being disappointed. I thought to myself. No one will ever love me. I will never see the happiness that Mr. and Mrs. Jonas share, or Kevin and Danielle, or Nick and Lacey, or even my own parents. I turned out the light and cried myself to sleep for the billionth time.

[Nick]

I sighed walking out of the bathroom. Joe was talking to Kevin and I was alone for the time being. It gave me time to think though. I had a lot to think about. So, I have a slight dilemma and I'm not sure what to do. I'm afraid if I follow what my head is saying I will never be happy again, but if I follow my heart, I'll just get hurt like so many times before. Joe walked in interrupting my train of thought.

"Hey, little bro. Why the long face?" Joe said plopping down on his bed. I shook my head.

"Nothing at all. I'm tired and my levels are bothering me." Joe just nodded but he looked unsure.

"You know you can talk to me about anything." Joe said leaning over to turn out the light. I sighed.

"I know. Thanks bro." I said laying down.

And with that the light went off. I guess I would have to wait to figure out my problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I'm sorry this took so long. And I'm sorry it's short, and probably really suck-y.
Comment? Thanks.
xo Ashley