Remembering Sunday

Memory Four

“Its okay, It’s okay.” They whispered to me.

I looked up to find a very concerned Nicholas. I looked back down trying to stop myself from crying any longer. Nick sat there the whole time comforting me. I felt like this was the first time I've actually connected with someone other than Greg. After a while, I finally stopped crying.

"Are you okay, Annie?" Nick asked me quietly. I didn't answer him. I wasn't ready to answer him.

"What ever your story is, I believe you 100%. Demi is just jealous. She had no right to say those things to you." He said, rubbing my back now. I sighed.

"She's wrong." I finally let out. I tried standing up but lost my balance and fell into Nick.

"I got you." Nick said helping me stand. I mumbled a thank you. He nodded in return.

"She's wrong and I have to tell her that. She doesn't know anything about me. I had no choice but to leave my parents. Hell, it wasn't even up to me." I said letting the tears spill over again.

"Annie, it's okay. Do you want to tell me about it? I'm a good listener." Nick suggested, and I sighed. I bet that would make me feel better. I sat down in defeat and he slid down the wall next to me.

"It was last year. My parents and I were just coming home from visiting my grandfather in the hospital, he had cancer." I said sniffling. "We were on a bridge when we got hit by a drunk driver who continued to drive after we were hit and the car flipped over and my mom passed out from all the blood. My dad was trying to stay there for me, so he could talk to me and calm me down. When the ambulance arrived, my dad told them to take me and help me but to leave him there." I stopped, remembering like it was yesterday.

"Annie, you don't have to-" I cut him off.

"I started crying. I was calling out for my dad but he stopped answering me after 5 minutes. I was carried into the ambulance and rushed to the emergency room. The next day I woke up with cuts and bruises, and for what? To find out I was alone? I wanted to die right there. Then Greg came and visited with his family. That's when he asked me to come on the tour."

Nick sat there in silence with me. It wasn't an awkward silence though. It calmed me down for sure.

"Annie, I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what that was like for you." He said, hugging me. I shrugged.

"I'm over it. That's why I didn't tell you guys at first. I didn't want to bring back these stupid emotions." I said. He nodded in understanding.

"Do you want to go anywhere? Do you need me to walk you back to your hotel room?" Nick asked suddenly? I shook my head no.

"I need to talk to Demi." I said. He helped me up and we made are way back to the group. We walked into the room to find Dani and Lacey yelling at Demi and Joe, Kevin, and Greg trying to separate them.

"Stop! Stop it right now!" I yelled.

Everyone froze and looked over at me. I walked in more to find that Nick was still at my side. I could feel his hand on the small of my back. I looked at him and whispered a, 'thank you' and walked over to Demi. The group moved out of my way but all stood behind me. Nick being the closest. Demi just glared at me.

"You're not going to kill me then leave are you?" She said sneering at me. I inched closer.

"You don't know me." I stated simply. "You don't know what happened that year ago. You weren't there and you don't know anything."

She just stood there.

"I didn't want to leave my parents. My father saved my life. I had no choice. But, I have a question for you. Where do you get around talking like you know me? For your information, you don't. Where did you hear that I killed my parents?" I asked truly interested in her answer.

She shrugged. "I know people." She stated simply with this glint in her eyes.

I sighed thinking about where she could have heard that. There was only one other person who believed that. Steve, my ex-boyfriend.

"No wonder he broke up with you. He didn't want die." She said laughing. "That or he was hooking up with other girls behind your back. Hurts doesn't it?" She said walking past me and patting my shoulder. I pushed her hand off of me.

"Don't touch me." I said quietly.

"What was that?"

"I said don't touch me." And with that, I hit her. I couldn't believe I threw a punch. "oh, and by the way, I'm not dating Joe. So you have nothing to worry about any way." I said walking away from her.

I walked into the elevator only to be followed by Nick and Lacey.

"I'm sorry, Annie." Lacey said while stepping into the elevator. I watched as Nick placed his arm around her. I couldn't help but feel slightly jealous because just a few minutes ago he was doing that to me.

"It's okay. I don't want to talk about it" I said.

We reached our floor finally. I stepped out waiting for Lacey but Nick pulled her back.

"Can I Talk to you for a minute. I'm sorry, Annie, she will be right with you." Nick asked politely. I smiled and nodded. After the elevator door closed, I walked into my room. I felt like I wanted to scream. I wanted some one like Nick. I always got stuck with the jerks though.

Lacey walked in a couple of minutes later. She looked relieved and happy, yet kind of sad at the same time.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled.

"Absolutely nothing. Nick and I are just dealing with some problems, that's all." I nodded.

"Well, I'm tired. Yeah, the whole throwing punches, not my thing." I said, making Lacey laugh.

"Good night."

I got in bed and just sat there quietly, thinking about what had happened today. Between my feelings for Nick, my friendship with Lacey, and the Demi drama, I was tired. My phone soon interrupted my thoughts. It was a text from an unknown number.

I'm coming back for you. All the way from Australia. I'm going to get you, bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I'm just doing what I promised: an update. I'm sorry if it's bad.