Remembering Sunday

Memory Eight

Annie's P.O.V

I couldn't believe it. Nick was so sweet to me after everything I put everyone through. Right now, we were at the beach, just sitting here watching the stars. We've been on many dates before, but tonight was special. It was peaceful. Just what I needed.

"Annie, thanks for saying yes." Nick said putting his arm around me. I smiled.

"Well, I wasn't going to say 'no' to Nick Jonas." I said laughing a little to myself. He pulled me closer to him and I knew he was laughing a little too because he shook silently from behind me.

"You know, when we first met, I thought you hated me. But, really, you were just quiet and keeping to yourself. Now we all know why. I'm sorry you had to deal with that." Nick said. If only he knew that that wasn't my only secret. I looked nervously down at my cell phone. "Annie, I want you to know, that I'll always be here for you. No matter what the situation is." I turned my head a little so I could look at him. And what I saw made me feel safe. I saw the sincerity in his eyes and I heard it in his voice. I smiled and leaned into him, looking up at the night sky while the ocean breeze hit my face.

"Nick, look." I said, pointing up at the sky. "A shooting star." I said with a thoughtful look on my face. Nick looked at me. "Well, aren't you going to make a wish?" I asked him.

"My wish already came true. I'm here with you." He said sweetly into my ear. I shivered a little. I could feel his hot breath on me, almost as if he were restraining himself from something.

"Nick...there's something I want to tell you." I said, positioning myself so I was facing him. I got close to his face. I watched as his eyes closed immediately and he just sat there waiting for me. I moved my hands into his hair while straddling his hips. I could tell he was content because his breathing was calm...unlike mine. I moved my face closer to his, brushing my lips over his face, starting at his temple leading to his nose and jaw, then my lips were right above his. I didn't move though. I kissed his nose and got up.

"Tease." He let out a shaky breath now. I laughed.

"Come get me. If you want a kiss that bad..." I said challenging him, and knowing Nick's competitive side, he would get the kiss. I started running when he smirked. I could tell he was right behind me so, I started running for the water. I wasn't fast enough, though. Nick caught me by the waist and picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. I was laughing.

"Annie, I think you owe me something." He said, pulling me in for a hug. I laughed, and stood up a little on my tip toes to reach his lips with mine. I kissed him and it felt good. His lips on mine, that is.

"Better?" I asked, as he smiled and laced our fingers together. He nodded, pulling me back over to our blanket.

I noticed my phone lit up indicating I had a new text. My heart stopped. I'm sure Nick knew something was wrong because the look on his face said that he saw the color drain from mine.

"Annie, are you okay?" He asked. I shook my head, dropping to my knees, grabbing my phone.

I see you're getting close with your new boy toy. Don't get too attached, something could happen to him. I'm always watching...

I let out a sob and looked around seeing if anyone else were here. I threw my phone down on the blanket and started crying. I sat down in the sand and buried my head in my hands.

"Annie, who was that from? Why didn't you tell me you were getting these text messages?" Nick said with my phone in his hand, looking through everything. I started crying harder.

"Annie, let's go back to the hotel. I need to talk to my dad and mom. Come on, I won't let anything happen to you." He said, and with that he helped me up and walked me to his car. We left and the ride to the hotel was silent. It wasn't uncomfortable though.

I just wanted to feel safe, and Nick gave that to me. I just wish the feeling would last.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, I haven't updated this in a while. hah, enjoy. sorry it's short. Comment.
~Ash