Status: W.I.P.

So Far Away

004.

School went by as fast as school could go by on a Tuesday.
However, because it was Tuesday, it meant that it was one day closer to Wednesday.
Wednesday was the second best day of the week next to Friday, Wednesday meant that the cafeteria would order pizza and would be on a fresh batch of french fries to end the week.
Wednesday meant an outdoor recess.

But, of course to get to Wednesday, you had to survive Tuesday.

Tuesdays were informally known in chemistry as ‘Test Tuesday.”
Mr. Barnes had noted in the beginning of the school year that each week would yield a test. It would test our accumulated knowledge of the previous chapter, be it work in class or on assignments that we did at home.
It was really meant to be a ‘surprise’, students weren’t supposed to know which day of the week it would be held. However, Mr. Barnes was a man of routine.

However, as routine as Mr. Barnes was- and with ample time and notice to prepare- I just couldn’t get Chemistry.
The proof, was in the grade at the top right-hand corner of last Tuesday’s test sheet, a whopping forty-seven percent.

“Clear off your desks, put your books away, and take out a pen or a pencil.”

Mr. Barnes had begun to distribute the test sheets, counting off how many sheets per row out loud and occasionally wetting his index finger with a dab of saliva to separate the stack.
“Keep your eyes on your own papers, raise your hand if you have any questions. You have until the bell.”

It was 'Test Tuesday', one day closer to Wednesday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that this isn't very long, and that it is actually it's embarrassingly short.
but on the bright side- there will be another update later tonight.
I hate writing school scenes- they've never been a favorite.

any comments for a morale booster?