Status: rockin the key board!

Open Minds

Go get him tiger!

Shannon's POV:

After Alexander, Dimitri and Kayne were introduced to the class Taylah dared me to talk to Alexander, I was sure she was joking until Nirali and agreed with her and they pushed me of my chair. I didn’t fall or anything, just sort of stumbled, smooth Shannon, real smooth. I practiced what I was going to say in my head, sometimes I get flustered and mix up my words. He was leaning against a desk, OH MY GOD! A lip ring! Sooooo HOT. He was looking directly at me as I approached. I felt my cheeks go red I turned my head slightly so a bit of my side fringe covered some of it. “Hey, I’m ahh, umm, S-S-Shannon!” I forgot my name for a second because I was absorbed by his eyes. “So town new you’re right? Moving is hard. What so things do like you?” now my fringe couldn’t even cover up the brightness of my face, I must’ve sounded so stupid muddling up my words like that. His mouth sort of twitched l as if he wanted to smile, I “Better go I, My friends are over there” I pointed in the general direction of behind me, hoping I didn’t point at a poster or a wall or something. I turned around and started walking back, “What the fuck did I just say?”I mouthed to myself, why can’t you be like Taylah when it comes to talking to guys? She’s so confident and cool; I wish I was like that.

We waited for our maths teacher, Taylah was reading a book and I was talking to Nirali. “So ah do you like Alexander” she asked, I thought about it for a minute. Did I like him? His eyebrow is pierced and he looks hot, but that’s not really enough reasons to like someone. “I think so, not that it matters anyway, he probably thinks I’m a retard. I can just imagine it” I put my hand on my hip and put on a deeper voice, “Shannon Carey you are a retard” I was pointed my finger at Nirali, I heard someone clear their throat behind me; I already knew who it was. I feel weird when I’m around him, I swallowed loudly and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. “I ahh got to go to the toilet, I’ll be back...hopefully never” I practically ran out the door.

I flushed the toilet and went to the sink. After washing my hands I washed my face as well. I looked at the mirror and smiled, then relaxed, then smiled. I sighed and turned to get a paper towel to dry my hands. I gasped when I saw Alexander leaning against the wall, “I’m so sorry. I’m in the wrong toilets again aren’t I? I’m not a perv or anything, it’s just those stick figures are hard to work out, I mean a guy can wear a skirt. Look at Scotland for Christs’ sake! No, please no, not again” I walked out the door and saw that I was actually in the right toilets then went back in. “LOOK BUDDY I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE PLAYING BUT I A HAVE PREPPER SPRAY AND I CAN SCREAM IN A REALLY LOUD GIRLISH VOICE. I don’t care who you are or why you’re here, right now in the girls’ bathroom but I do know that I can kick your ass. Anywhere, anytime, anyhow.” I started to walk towards the door, I turned around, “Oh by the way, tell the janitor that stall 3 needs more toilet paper”

At lunch when I told them quietly what I had said to Alexander, they thought it was hilarious. So much for being quiet about it. They were laughing their asses off. “Look guys I’m embarrassed enough as it is!” I closed my eyes for a minute when I opened them I groaned, Nirali’s head snapped up, “What’s wrong Shannon. We’re sorry if we’re being mean” I shook my head. I tried to keep the disappointment out of my voice, “Mallory is trying to get Alex” I looked at the ceiling, Taylah scoffed, “What that slut? C’mon she’s slept with nearly every guy here. And if he’s not paralyzed by your gorgeous looks and stunning smile, the he’s not worth or time and he’s definitely not a man. I mean who wouldn’t be attracted to that!” she pointed at me and Nirali agreed. I laughed and hugged them both, “Aww I love you guys” they always know what to say to cheer me up. “How did you know?”Nirali asked, she leant forward, “vision?” she whispered making sure no one heard. “No” they both looked confused for a minute, “I may need glasses guys but that doesn’t mean I can’t see her flirting with him on the other side of the room with her boobs pushed out and hand on her hip and dazzling smile” I stabbed my lunch with a fork repeatedly . The bell rang, Taylah looked at me sternly, “Show him what you’re made of Shannon. Go get him tiger” she pushed me and I ran hoping I wasn’t late for chemistry while Taylah and Nirali went to English.