Status: rockin the key board!

Open Minds

The Hunt

Dimitri just pulled me towards him and was hugging me really tightly. The feel of his skin was extremely cold and I felt a shiver down my spine. My brain went all funny and the next thing I know, Taylah is running out of the building. I push Dimitri as hard as I can and look at Shannon who is also running after Taylah. However, Alex pulls her and she falls to the ground. I start sprinting towards the door and can hear Dimitri call my name but I keep running. When I’m out side I can see Taylah driving away. Suddenly, Dimitri is standing next to me with his hands in his pocket. That’s when I see it, his eyes are turning pitch black and I have seen this before with my brother but Dimitri, his eyes are not the same. Something is changing right in front of my eyes but I just don’t understand what’s changing. Then I see a flash and there in front of him is his brother, Kayne standing between me and Dimitri telling him something or I think he’s soothing him for some reason.
“Nirali, I’m going to take Dimitri home he’s a bit tired and please don’t tell anyone what you see today please. It’s for your own benefit.” Kayne told me.
“Kayne, what’s going on? You’re hiding something from me. Tell me what it is, what is wrong with Dimitri? Tell me!!!!” I yell.

Kayne doesn’t even look back and walks away with Dimitri. Then I see a flash and all these images of death, blood and.....fangs. I sprint back into the building where Shannon was talking to Alex and realise that she’s left and I pray to God that she’s safe, if there is a God.
When I get home my brother, Neil is sitting on the couch with the TV turned up loud. I grab the remote from where he’s sitting and turn the volume down. “Neil, we need to talk.” I announce. "What's up? You look stressed," he tells me.
“Something bad has just happened and I need to go and find out if it’s true. I need your help.” I say.
“Sure sis, what do you need me to do?” I tell him to ring Taylah and Shannon to tell them about what I have just found out, while I go driving around town.
“No ways, I’m not letting you go out there in the dark all on your own. Nirali we’ve already lost so much I can’t lose you. Please let me come with you and we’ll sort this entire situation out together. I can’t lose you the way we lost mum and dad, please.” he tried explaining to me.
“Neil, don’t worry I can handle this on my own and if you’re afraid of losing me, you will not because I’m not leaving like mum and dad did.” I convinced him. “All I need for you to do is let Taylah and Shannon know what I have told you, please.” I grab my knife that I was gifted by my Gran before she also left us and give Neil a quick hug, and then I drive away from our house. When I glance back I can see him standing at the door waving. Then I hear his voice in my head saying, “Please be careful.” I roll my window down and wave to him.
Shannon and Taylah don’t know about my family and our past because I know it will be too much for them to handle so I never quite talked to them about it. All they know is that my parents had been murdered when I was 13 and that the only family I have is Neil. My dad was a hunter, not any hunter but a vampire hunter whereas my mum was an alchemist. She didn’t have a tattoo or anything because she was trained at home not at a school, but she did go to normal school. One day my parents were on a hunt and they got hunted instead. A group of vampires finished them off. What my parents didn’t know was that I had a special gift. I had told Neil that I had this gift and that everytime I use it I get more powers, so he used to let me use it on him and still does so that I know how to work with it. He teaches me how to fight and basically takes really good care of me and in return I try my best to help him out with anything even if I’m busy. Neil also has a gift or a curse but I like to say it’s a gift. Anyways, he is a werewolf. No one knows this apart from me. I guess that’s why he is so protective and always takes charge in hard situations after all he is the alpha male in our so small family.

I’m near a club that my parents had told me about when I’d gone out with them once. They had said that there are lots of vampires that come and spend their nights here. I park my car in the massive parking with posh cars everywhere and walk around the club looking for the three of them. I walk into the club from the back door where there was no one in sight. I walked in and saw all pale faced people whom I knew were all vampires. I don’t know how I never realise what the triplets really are, maybe it’s their good looks that distracted me. I looked around and saw what I was looking for. There, near the bar was Kayne talking to Alex and Dimitri while a few human girls were watching them. I sat down behind a group of people and observed them.
An hour later I saw Kayne, Alex and Dimitri walk out of the club so I followed them. I had a feeling that they knew I was there but they kept walking. They walked through a door on the other side of the club. I wasn’t sure where the door led so I asked someone who was drunk so that he wouldn’t call the security guards. He told me that it led to where the club kept their trash and that it’s between two buildings. Then suddenly I saw Kayne and Dimitri walk in another direction while Alex walked to the door that led to the trash. I followed him and left Kayne and Dimitri. As I walked out the door Alex turned around and faced me.
“Hey what are you doing out here, all alone at night?” he asked, “wait right here I’ll be back in a sec.” he told me. Before I could protest he was gone.
As I waited something moved behind a trash can. There was a couple making out.
‘Eww’ I thought ‘why would they be making out here, behind trash.’

I heard a muffled scream and turned around to see the couple. The girl was on the ground and had blood around her neck. When the guy turned around I saw blood around his mouth and his fangs. With the speed of lightening he was right in front of me. He was really tall and kind of good looking but he had a red ring around his pupils and blood on his lips that showed me what kind of monster he was. So I pushed the thought of his good looks away and thought about what to do now, that he was standing a few feet away from me. He licked his lips and tried to grab me however I dodged his grab.
“Ahh, I see you want to be difficult with me,” he said in a deep voice. “Fine, I’ll show you difficult!” He swings a blow at me and I go flying, hitting the trash cans. My vision went funny for a few seconds and I heard the vampire laugh. I quickly stand up and kick him in the stomach but he doesn’t budge. He is way too strong and tall for me to fight against but I’m still going to try. Then I throw my whole body weight at him and punch him in the eye. I take my knife that was hanging on my hand and I wipe the vampire’s cheek with the blade. He snarls at me and throws me to the ground. He tries to get hold of me but I roll away. I have no idea how or what I am doing it’s just happening. I guess it’s all thanks to my dad’s skills and my training with Neil. I stand up with my knife in my hand and this time I kick him with all my strength but it didn’t knock him over, just surprised him. Then I heard a voice. It sounded like dad’s voice, ‘Plunge the knife in his heart, do it!’ And without thinking I stab the knife in his heart. He screams but he’s still not dying so I twist it and push it harder. I see his eyes go blank and realise that he’s dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!!!!!!!