Status: Complete.

We Are the Innocent Ones

Veintisiete.

Veronica took a shaky breath, staring at herself in the full-length mirror. Today was her wedding day, March 25th, nearly a year after they’d gotten engaged.. Veronica had been in shock when Emmett proposed. She thought he was just going to agree to move in with her, but instead he had got down on one knee and asked her to be his wife. Even Alice hadn’t seen it coming. Veronica’s immediate reply had been ‘yes’, and from that day on she’d never been happier. When the Volturi found out she wouldn’t be returning to Volterra they were upset, but after sending Jane, Alec, Demitri and Felix to check on her, they realised that Veronica was finally happy, and the three leaders gave their blessing.

Veronica’s family and Emmett’s family had spent a long time preparing and planning the wedding, but they’d done finally it, making it 12 years to the date since Veronica had originally left the Cullens in Anchorage, Alaska. The Miller coven had been in Elkins for over a year now, so Veronica felt comfortable to have the wedding here. Alice had been overjoyed when Veronica asked her to help plan the wedding, and had done everything perfectly to Veronica’s tastes. Veronica’s dress was a beaded ivory-cotton lace-covered mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline and sheer back. It clung to her every curve perfectly and was genuinely vintage from her favourite era, the 1950s. Her engagement ring had been resized to fit on her pinky finger and she wore beautiful pearl drop earrings as well as pearl studded shoes. Her curls had been pinned into an elegant twist, held by small crystal grips, and she had a flowing white tulle veil secured there too. She felt beautiful.

The wedding was being held at Veronica’s house in Elkins in the back yard, and Veronica was in hers and Emmett’s bedroom right now getting ready. The guest list was fairly large, but that was because it included the Volturi as well as Jacob’s pack and the Cullens’ friends. Alice and Marie were her bridesmaids, and Caleb was the page boy. Emmett had chosen Jasper as his best man. Marie, Alice, Bella, Esme, Rosalie, Tanya, Kate and Carmen had been helping Veronica get ready, but they’d all disappeared, leaving her to have a few moments to calm herself down. Then three knocks came on the door, and Jasper entered, Alice right behind him.

“You look beautiful,” Jasper smiled widely, lifting her hand to his lips in a kiss as he calmed her down.

“Thank you,” Veronica replied softly.

“Everyone’s ready when you are,” Jasper announced.

Veronica nodded her thanks, looking back at herself in the mirror as Jasper left her and Alice alone. Marie’s and Alice’s turquoise dress and silver heels matched Caleb’s white suit, and turquoise waistcoat and tie.

“One last thing,” Alice grinned impishly.

She pulled out a white lace garter, making Veronica chuckle. Veronica lifted her leg up and Alice slid it up to Veronica’s mid-thigh, before standing up.

“You truly look so beautiful,” Alice said warmly.

“Then let’s go blow Emmett away, huh?” Veronica smiled.

Alice giggled and left the room, heading down the stairs to tell everyone that Veronica was on her way. With one final check in the mirror, Veronica headed out of her room. As she walked down the stairs, Caleb, Marie and Carlisle gasped. When Veronica had asked Carlisle to give her away he had immediately accepted, knowing she had always wanted her brother to give her away but now he obviously couldn’t, seeing as he thought she’d died 12 years ago. Silently Marie handed Veronica her bouquet of white roses, winking her encouragement.

“I couldn’t be more honoured than to give you away,” Carlisle whispered as she took his arm.

Veronica just smiled, tightening her grip on his arm as they headed out the back of the house, the wedding march starting. Caleb walked down first with the rings on a white cushion. Veronica’s wedding ring was almost identical to her engagement ring, but with three bands of encrusted diamonds joined at the bottom into one. Emmett’s ring was a smooth thick silver ring, with two lines of engraved dashes as borders at both edges. Next went Alice and Marie, small bouquets in their hands as they walked in unison. Then it was Veronica’s turn. As she stepped outside the house, she felt all eyes on her and smiled shyly as she took a deep breath. But the only eyes Veronica connected with were Emmett’s. In his white shirt, black tie, silvery-grey waistcoat, black formal trousers and black suit jacket, he looked incredibly handsome. His jaw dropped slightly as he watched her walk, making her giggle softly. Veronica barely noticed all the guests standing either side of the aisle, including Jack and Daniel, the rest of the Cullen family, Jacob’s pack including Alejandro, the Denali clan and a most of the Volturi. It was a fairly large wedding, but it was everything that Emmett and Veronica wanted.

As Carlisle and Veronica reached the vicar, Carlisle kissed Veronica’s hand and handed her bouquet to Alice, before joining his wife in the audience.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the holy union of Emmett McCarty Cullen and Veronica Miller...

*

[The wedding reception]

It was official. Emmett and Veronica were married. Veronica had been so enamoured by the love in Emmett’s eyes that she almost missed saying ‘I do’, which she knew both families would tease her about for years. And their kiss had been far too lust-filled for the religious ceremony that Emmett had insisted on. But now it was the wedding reception. They hadn’t bothered with the traditional meal, seeing as only Jacob’s pack ate real food, and all but Jacob’s pack had goblets of blood. The wolves instead had wine. Veronica and Emmett sat at the head table, with Jasper, Alice, Marie and Caleb on Emmett’s side, and Carlisle, Esme, Jack and Daniel on Veronica’s side, everyone else sitting on tables around a small dancefloor. Now it was time for the last speech.

“Well...it took you two long enough!” Jasper started, grinning.

Roni giggled and Emmett laughed. 12 years was too long, even for them.

“As you all know, I am Jasper, and I have the honour of being best man. Mainly because I’m just that much better looking that all the other candidates. Before I start piling the insults on Emmett, I would just like to say a big thank you to the bridesmaids Alice and Marie, and the page boy Caleb, because they have all done a marvellous job in helping Roni, and all look fantastic! Indeed they are only eclipsed by Roni herself, who, I'm sure you'll all agree, looks absolutely stunning today. Emmett, on the other hand, just looks stunned,” Jasper teased.

Everyone snickered as Emmett mockingly glared at the blonde vampire.

“Firstly though, before we go any further, I’d like to thank the Vicar for what was a truly lovely service….. Emmett did tell me that the vicar was firmly against sex before marriage. However, Roni did assure him it would only take a couple of minutes. Well, we all know what they’re like!” Jasper smirked.

“Damn right we do,” Edward grumbled as laughter spread again.

“Now as I mentioned, it is a great honour to be Best Man, but with the role comes the job of writing this speech, and to be honest I wanted to make the process as easy as possible. So where do you begin for ideas? The obvious place seemed to be the Internet, so with a multitude of resources at my fingertips I dutifully began searching the web. After a couple of hours searching I found some really good stuff on the net, but ....then I remembered I was supposed to be looking for Best Man tips! I’ll have to save those other sites for another day,” Jasper said, winking at Alice.

More laughter.

“I did actually find loads of ready-prepared speeches on the internet.... but sadly, NONE of them were about a couple called Emmett and Veronica....so it looks like it’s down to me after all. As part of my research I discovered that according to tradition I am supposed to sing the groom’s praises and tell you all about his many good points. Well, I’m very sorry but I can’t sing, and I won’t lie about Emmett. Roni’s a lovely person - she deserves a good husband. Thank God you married her before she found one!” Jasper smirked at Emmett.

Veronica linked her hand with Emmett’s on top of the table, laughing with everyone else, their wedding rings shining.

“Seriously though Emmett, you are a lucky man. You've got Roni. She's beautiful, smart, funny, spunky, loving and independent. And Roni, you've got..…………Emmett,” Jasper said innocently.

Veronica couldn’t help but laugh at Emmett’s pout.

“Instead of stories of Emmett’s stupidity you will have to listen to my marital advice instead. I’m not sure I’m the best person to dish out advice, but I do have the following words of wisdom for the happy couple. One, Firstly, set the ground rules and establish who is the boss: Then do everything she says,”

Laughter.

“Two. Married life can be compared to football. So be fully committed every week and make sure you score at least every weekend, although we know it’ll be every day. Make sure you change ends at half time and put your tackle in hard or you might injure yourself. However, Roni assures me that playing away from home will result in a serious groin injury and is definitely the quickest way to get on the transfer list,”

Laughter.

“Finally, three. Remember the 5 rings. The engagement ring, the wedding ring, the suffering, the torturing and the enduring,”

A lot of laughter. Jasper grinned at his brother, receiving a wide grin back.

“It has been an honour and a privilege to be the best man today. Thanks again for letting have the job! And I honestly couldn’t wish for a better friend and brother to be best man for. I think you will all agree that today, apart from Roni being the most stunning person in the room, she is also the luckiest. Never will she find a man more willing to love her till the end of his existence. Never will she find a man more whipped,” Jasper grinned.

Emmett just shrugged as everyone laughed again, knowing deep down that it was true. Veronica beamed and squeezed his hand. She truly was lucky to have him.

“Unfortunately my speech has come to an end. Em and Roni; may your love be modern enough to service the times and old fashioned enough to last forever. Don’t forget we now have an excuse to visit your new house in Elkins! Now, if you would all stand up for my toast to the new Mr and Mrs McCarty. To Emmett and Veronica!” Jasper cheered.

“To Emmett and Veronica!” everyone chorused.

Everyone drank from their goblets, smiling at the newlyweds.

“Now, I believe that there are a few traditions that need to take place,” Alice grinned into the microphone.

Veronica groaned as Alice indicated for her to stand on the small dancefloor in front of the head table. She walked forward and did so, rolling her eyes at Emmett’s shit-eating grin, biting her bottom lip as he knelt down in front of her. She kept her eyes on him as he pushed her skirt up to her knees and dipped his head under it to retrieve her garter, unable to look anyone in the eyes. It was as if Emmett knew what she was doing though, because he ran his tongue over her panties, making her squeak loudly and hit his head.

“Seriously?” Edward grimaced.

Veronica grinned in relief as Emmett finally took the garter between his teeth and pulled it down her leg and off. He stood up, pocketing the garter and pressed his lips to hers firmly, before pulling away.

“Best part of the night,” Emmett winked.

“Time for your first dance!” Esme announced.

Earth angel, Earth angel
Will you be mine?
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Earth angel, earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you


Veronica smiled as Emmett took her hand and spun her around, before pulling her tightly against his body, holding her waist with his free hand as they swayed to Earth Angel, by The Penguins. She rested her free hand on his chest.

I fell for you and I knew
The vision of your loves loveliness
I hoped and I pray that someday
I'll be the vision of your hap-happiness


Veronica’s mind blanked out the rest of the song, completely caught up in Emmett’s loving gaze and warm smile.

“I love you so much,” Emmett murmured.

“Nuh uh, I love you more,” Veronica grinned.

Emmett laughed and pecked her lips in a sweet kiss.

“When we get to our room tonight I’m going to tear your tux off with my teeth,” Veronica whispered in his ear.

Emmett groaned softly. He loved and hated how she had such an instant effect on his body.

“Why wait for tonight?” Emmett murmured hoarsely.

Veronica just laughed and kissed him deeply, throwing her arms round his neck as the song came to an end. Then Emmett felt a tap on his shoulder and broke the kiss, turning his head to see Caleb.

“Before you eat my madre’s face and kidnap her for your three-week fuck-a-thon, I would like a dance with her,” Caleb announced.

Of course, everyone else heard this and laughed. Veronica would’ve blushed if she could and Emmett just chuckled.

“Of course,” Emmett smiled, letting go of his new wife.

Seeing as Caleb was now her height, Veronica could easily rest her arms on his shoulders, letting him wrap his arms round her waist as they swayed from side to side.

“Ti amo, madre,” Caleb whispered.

“Ti amo troppo, Caleb,” Veronica murmured back.

Caleb kissed her cheek and held her tighter, making Veronica smile. Emmett caught her gaze from where he was dancing with Tanya next to Alejandro and Leah, and winked, smiling back at her. This was all Veronica needed. Her own coven of six and their extended entire family that filled the room. Although it had taken her over 30 years, she’d finally found where she belonged. And there was nothing she would ever change that for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Veronica’s wedding outfit
Other wedding outfits
Roni’s wedding ring, Emmett’s wedding ring
Earth Angel, by The Penguins

So it took from the 31st of July 2010 until the 25th of January 2011, but the story is finally finished!
I know I said there would be another chapter, but the one I was going to put before this one was just a pointless filler really, so I figured I wouldn't hold off from the ending any longer!
Thank you to everyone that commented on this story, and the prequel before it. Without you, this wouldn't have been achieved =]
Please check out my new Twilight-based story, Brave This Storm, which I will be posting the first chapter of tonight!
You guys are all amazing! Again, thank you so so much =]

RachelNicole523
Dodger
n3n3j0y9
SecretxLoverxJ
dancexwithxme
MissTina170
lizziemcgenius
Foralwaysmydarling
Hello Fascination.
emahlee310
Killingbunny
girlygirl.m
Emotions Running;
Hometown.Hero
Sunny Rain.
RandumbPanic
star ;
choirgirlx3
Taste
Erinnnn.xo
Gryffindork
Rockette
WickedThisWayComes
ameliabelle
Lost_In_Stereo
AlishaIeroVeex
Atrocity's Mask
Skyway_Avenue
Teenage.-Misfit
NihaoKrysta!
sleeplesssara
CemeteryGates6661
Alice..
secrets-that-die
nana_loves_you
Hey Jude-
richfan19
PirateWolf17
ethereal.
maedrinksblood
LindsaySometimes
tammiehardyho2
Swimer23
KillJoyMama
CallusedSilk
GetOnYourKneesKid
strawberrybubble
PhoebenPaige
Randy_Orton_Luver
Crooked Clown
HeartacheTonight
shaylove
darkpixie
sweetcheeks
L.O.V.E.
Zero Hour
polkadottedgiraffe15
kaylababee143
dreamgirl13
beLIEve;
Mela06
Lyrical Night
xXSisterOfTheWolfXx
Poison.The.Hero
already insane
lilyofthevalley1800
rikulover94
cyn4675
XxX-Blaze-XxX
xdeathbymorningx
ambrosia18
SandaguraHyuuga
venture;;
vAmPiRe00FREAK
minidiva12
CUPCAKE OF MADNESS
CrazyTashi
you_are_never_alone
amaya.-.
Brina
teamemmett94
BoOkTaBoOt
Katherine-Kat
Lone_Wolf
KatieInStereo
Samantha Gates
AngelFire44327
Jasper_Lover
MillicentArrabella
StiltzScreamsRemedy
I'ma_Night_Owl

xo