Excuses

1/1

Noah Puckerman knew that he didn’t have to be an asshole. He knew that he could clean up his act and become the gentleman he knew his mother would want him to be, but for some reason, he felt that if he acted like an asshole, it would go back on his father. He hated the fact that his father was gone more than he would ever admit. Puck would say that missing his dad was weak and not something he would ever do. Noah would say that he missed his dad more and more everyday he was gone. While he wasn’t one of those weirdoes who suffered from some sort of split personality, he knew that he had two different sides to him. Puck was the tough guy who was on the football team, who threw kids into the dumpsters and didn’t think twice about it. Noah was the softer guy who loved his mother and his sister with everything in him, who cried the night he gave away Beth, who needed his father.

Puck would always come home late, after drinking too many beers and having sex with too many girls. He knew his mom knew, but whenever she tried to approach him about it, he would just throw out an excuse about his dad which shut her up pretty quick. He felt kind of bad about it, because seeing the pain flash across his mother’s face at any mention of his dad skipping out wasn’t exactly satisfying, but if it meant doing whatever the hell he wanted he could deal with those few seconds of guilt.

Noah knew that even though it killed him to not have a father figure, it was affecting his little sister more. One of the reasons he would never leave home was because of her. He often came home after Glee rehearsals to find her sitting in the house alone, crying her eyes out because Mom wasn’t home and Dad still wasn’t there. It killed him to watch her suffer. He wished he could figure out how to become the big brother he knew she needed, but it was too late for that. He was bad, and nothing short of his father coming home and apologizing for everything could change that.