Sequel: Traveling Backwards
Status: Finished. You guys were awesome<3

You Just Broke Every Stereotype

Chapter 22...?

"I think you have an infection, Jaydee. Because both Kaige and Wolf bit you in the same spot," explained Dimitri as he changed the bandage on my neck.
I winced at the pain as he wrote 'Dimitri is more amazing than Ryder' with a blue marker.
"Why would that cause an infection?" I asked.
"The mix of substances. Certain different ones can cause an infection like this."
I nodded and got off the couch to find some food.
Lurk was already in the kitchen, digging around the in the fridge. When he saw me he closed the door and took my by the arm.
"We need to talk."
We headed outside to a wooden bench and sat down.
"So you can talk, huh?" I asked.
"Of course I can. I just don't like to." Lurk explained, picking up a leaf off the ground and tearing it into tiny pieces.
"Then you can explain why you didn't stand up for me the other day..."
"Because I couldn't."
"You said you saw the girl too. You said you believed me. But I guess you were just lying to me."
"I didnt--"
"I get it. You don't have to explain yourself. No one cares how things might affect me."
"Jaydee. I didn't say anything."
"But I heard you."
"No... I was silent. I didn't say anything to you. We didn't communicate in any way."
"Then what did I hear..."
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about... I'm thinking you might be hallucinating?"
"Dimitri did say something about an infection..."
"Then that would make more sense."
"So now how am I supposed to tell apart what's real and what's not."
"I think thats for you to figure out, sweetheart..."
I leaned my head against Lurk's shoulder and he put his arm around me. We sat there for a while until I heard footsteps coming up to us.
"Whatsssss going on here?" I heard Wolf's voice. I quickly sat up straight and ran my fingers through my hair.
"Jaydee and I were just talking," Lurk said as he got up and extended his hand to me. I took it and managed to stand up without feeling dizzy.
"You feeling better, darling?" Wolf asked.
"Mhm," I mumbled as I hugged him.
He kissed the top of my head and I could feel myself blushing.
"Jaydee, you're freezing," he said, holding me tighter.
"Probably because I'm hugging a vampire..."
Wolf let out a little laugh and I could feel his chest jerk in and out. I wanted to stay in this moment forever. Wolf made me feel safe. You know... when he wasn't biting me or I wasn't yelling at him or he wasn't yelling at me. Besides all that, being with him made hell seem not all that bad.
When we finally let go of each other, I noticed Lurk was gone. Wolf was looking at me intently. For a second I thought he was going to bite me again. I tensed up, anticipating the pain, but he didn't do anything. Instead, he spoke.
"Jaydee?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
tdg-addict actually wrote this...
I know it says TessIsaEvilPixie wrote it but that's just cause I had to keep the pattern ._.
She's been slow on updates because she has a life... All I have is a Tumblr... x)
So I took the liberty of writing this for her xD
<3