Sequel: Traveling Backwards
Status: Finished. You guys were awesome<3

You Just Broke Every Stereotype

Keeping the Balance

"Let go of me, Wolf," I stated, trying to pry his grip off my arm.
"Don't. Answer. That. Fucking. Door. Do you hear me?" He commanded, tightening his hold on me.
"Seriously, Wolf? I have been holding my temper, trying to be reasonable, trying not to be angry with you for keeping the fact that you have powers a secret from me. The least you could do is return the favor and try to grow up a litte."
Wolf pulled me towards him. Because he was sitting, the force of his pull caused me to stumble to the ground. His jaw tight, he spoke in one of the most terrifying tones I've ever heard.
"Fuck. You. I did what I did for your own good. You know what? Answer that fucking door, bitch. Go right ahead. Have fun with the creature waiting for you."
...Creature?
He let go of my arm. The white imprint of his grip slowly started fading as I got up and slammed his bedroom door behind me.
Dimitri was standing at the front door. He was paler than normal and looked at me nervously. My focus shifted to the shadowy figure standing in our entranceway.
"Jaydee," Dimitri said, his voice incredibly shaky, "...It's for you."

---X---

The black figure motioned for me to follow him. I glanced at Dimitri and he nodded. Reluctantly, I started towards it. The door automatically shut behind me. My heart was pounding. The shadow was silent. I focused on my walking. One foot in front of the other. Head down. Occasionally I glanced up at the creature, studying him quickly where I estimated his face would be. It never turned to me, never looked down. It just stared straight ahead and skulked on.
We headed towards the main campus. Through the main campus. Past it. The edge of school grounds greeted us with a thick forest of dying trees. We kept going. Eventually I lost track of where we were.
My eye caught something silver. As we approached i, it looked more and more out of place in the dark forest. It was a building. A simple, two-story, rectangular building. There were a few windows, most of which were blacked out. Only the bottom floor front windows were normal. I followed the figure inside.
"Jaydee Devyn Alino?" A chill ran up my spine at the sound of my full name.
"Y-yes?" I said hesitantly, scanning the plain white room, trying to figure out who I should be directing my answer to.
"Dr. Reed has requested your presence. Door's to your left."
I glanced to my left but saw no door.
"Umm, there's no--" I started. But before I could finish, a door appeared.
"Alright then..." I muttered under my breath. I turned the doorknob and entered into another very white room. My red skinny jeans and black sweatshirt definitely made me stand out.
"Welcome Jaydee, have a seat," Dr. Reed said, with an fake-sounding kindess in his voice. I sat in the chair closest to me. It was uncomfortable. I twiddled my thumbs and avoided direct eye contact with the sketchy doctor in front of me who was staring at me, studying me.
Sketchy? Yeah, I guess that's how I would describe him. Maybe not the best adjective, but it still fit. He had obviously been neglecting his appearance. His gray hair was outgrown and frazzled, balding in some areas. His beard was patchy, and his face resembled someone who hadn't slept in years. The button up shirt that hung from his shoulders was a sickly off-white...
Uh-oh. Eye contact.
"I bet you're wondering why you're here," he said, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms.
"Actually, I'm more curious as to who the fuck you are..." My tone was way more harsh than I wanted it to be. I immediately regretted my response to him.
"I'm Dr. Raymond Reed. Damned to hell because I sold my soul to the devil. I traded my eternal servitude here in Satan's Kingdom for the fame and money I recieved during my life on Earth. Here, I specialize in humans and vampires. And surgery. Questions?"
I was slightly taken aback by his blunt answer. But my silence was his cue to speak again. He now leaned forward, and rested his elbows on the desk.
"Enough about me. Tell me about yourself, Jaydee. I mean, I already know most everything about you, but feel free to speak."
I searched my racing thoughts tor try and find a good starting place.
"Contrary to you, doctor, I have no reason for me to be here. Or if i do, it is not known to me. All I know is that I'm a 15 year old human girl, who's in love with a vampire, who's a student at an all boys school, who's stuck in, as you called it, "Satan's Kingdom." Questions?" I sat back in my chair, satisfied with my equally-blunt rebuddle.
"Yes, actually. I do have a question for you. Miss Alino, are you dead?"
I wasn't actually sure how to answer his question. In fact, I didn't know the answer at all in the first place.
"I don't know, doctor. I honestly don't know..."
There was a long pause.
"Interesting," Dr Reed declared finally, "But wouldn't you now like to know why you are here in my office, now that you know who I am?"
"I think I actually have some idea of why..." I answered.
"Why do you think you're here, Jaydee?"
"It's about Jayleen."
Dr. Reed stared at me quizzically.
"You are correct."
"So...? What's up with Jayleen?" I asked.
"Jaydee, have you ever been bitten by a vampire?"
"What?"
"The scars on your neck are not exactly something you can lie about, Jaydee. Do you feel what he feels? You feel his physical pain sometimes, yes?"
"...Yes," I whispered quietly.
"Jayleen has requested to be restored to a human. And to do that, we must make a human into a vampire. It keeps the balance."
"Okay?"
"Because you have already been bitten, and you are the only human within thousands of miles of here, you're the perfect candidate."
Suddenly everything clicked.
"You're saying I have to--"
"Yes, Jaydee. You must become a vampire."
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dunnnnn.
i apologize to all you people who hate cliffhangers!<3 i just happen to love them....
I also wrote this entire chapter during math class when i probably shouldve actually been paying attention so... feel loved :)
comments are nice by the way<3
silent readers are cool too, I guess ^.^