Sequel: Traveling Backwards
Status: Finished. You guys were awesome<3

You Just Broke Every Stereotype

Temptation

Seeing my uncle standing there gave me two feelings:
1. Relief that I wasn’t about to be turned into a vampire, and
2. Selfish for having put my Uncle in my place
I stood stone still, trying hard to think of something. But nothing came to my mind. My uncle stared at me with cold, sorrowful eyes. Wolf darted up behind me, putting a protective arm around my shoulder before giving his icy death glare to the guards and Dr. Reed. I shrugged his arm off and stalked back towards my room. I couldn’t handle this. This was too much of a decision for me to handle—for anyone to handle! Of course I didn’t want to be a fucking vampire, but at the same time…I didn’t want my uncle to be one either. I’d become the ONLY true human in this godforsaken place…no pun intended.
Strangely enough, tears began to form in my eyes.
“Dammit…,” I hissed, violently whipping them away and going into my bathroom.
I could hear Wolf pounding on my door, calling out my name and demanding for me to open it.
“GO THE HELL AWAY!” I screamed, yanking the shower curtain back and turning on the hot water. I stripped down and stepped in. I tried to wash my emotions away, but all I ended up doing was pounding my fist lightly into the wall. Once I had gotten out and changed I ventured out of my room and glanced around.
No one was in sight.
I sauntered into the kitchen and opened the fridge. It was pretty bare, except for a few boxes labelled with 'A-'.
Guessing that was blood.
What happened next was barely under my control. A strong temptation overcame me:
I really wanted to taste the blood.
I glanced around, double-checking that absolutely no one was around, and pulled out the box.
I poured a little from the bag into a glass.
I hesitated before drinking it.
Was it even okay for a human to drink blood? Even if it was animal blood? And why did I want to so bad?
Before I could even think rationally about the answers to those questions, the glass was to my lips.
"JAYDEE!" I heard a voice scream.
It was too late though, I was already tasting the familiarity of the substance.
It was like when you sucked on a papercut, or your lip started bleeding.
But take the severity and disgusting taste of those things and multiply it by 1000.
Two seconds in and i already started gagging. I dropped the glass, causing it to shatter, and ran to the kitchen sink so I could vomit.
It was a good thing we had a garbage disposal...
"What the fuck, Jaydee?" It was Micah.
"I didn't... I didn't know anyone else was home," I managed to get out after emptying my stomach.
"No one else is, they all went with Dr. Reed to talk to him. I stayed behind to make sure you would be okay, and apparently you're not. What the fuck do you think you're doing? You're a human, Jaydee! Why would you even think of drinking animal blood?!"
"I... I don't know Micah! I just wanted to see..."
"Well, now you've seen. And you know its disgusting, right? Okay. Then I guess we're done here."
"I'm sorry..."
Micah gave me a comforting hug and got out some pills for my stomach.
I sat on the couch and watched some mind-numbing television.
But my mind was as active as ever.
Frustration consumed me as I desperately thought of some way I could save my uncle. In the end, I had come up with no solution. My uncle was going to become a vampire and Jayleen was going to get her fucking wish.
And I was going to have to live with the guilt of all this.
Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
considering my co-author hasn't spoken to me in over a month, I have a feeling I'll be finishing this story on my own.
which is why I recruited the help of the lovely ForeverFugitive <3
She wrote most of this chapter :)
Comments are wonderful, by the way c: