Status: Active!

It's Time to Forget, but I'll Always Remember

Overrated (Capper's Point Of View)

“What did he do to you?” she asked me sharply forcing us both to stop in the middle of the corridor. “Well?” she hissed.

“He didn’t do anything Char, don’t worry about it,” I tried to explain to her.

“Don't worry about it!” she shouted, but not loud enough to disturb the form lessons that were happening around us. “A little emo geek beat you up; do you have any idea what that’ll do to my reputation?”

“He didn’t do anything; I've just told you that-”

“I know you’re lying,” he hissed again. “You always smile when you're lying to me.”

“No, I'm smiling because I don’t understand why you don’t believe me!”

“That’s not a reason to smile!”

“YES IT BLOODY IS!” I shouted at her, a little too loudly though. I don’t think it was loud enough that everyone heard but it was loud enough to hurt me. Shouting when you’re in pain maybe isn't a good idea; especially if you’re shouting at the person trying to help you. “I'm sorry,” I whispered.

“Drop dead,” she fake cried which really aggravated me. There is nothing more annoying than when people fake being upset; it drives me crazy. Anything fake really gets on my nerves; maybe that’s why I argue with her so much.

She stormed off down the corridor, leaving me standing there like a fool; a pathetic fool who might have just blown it with his girlfriend; absolutely perfect.

My stomach started aching again; that Grelle guy had a really powerful punch. Seriously; there aren’t many people who can out do me, so I was pretty surprised by how much that hurt.

I was just sitting by the wall with some of the guys and he just appeared out of nowhere. He was like some kind of machine, no matter what I did, he wouldn't stop, and he just kept coming back at me, giving me ten times what I gave him. The guys were trying to get him away from me but not even they could manage that.

A sharp pain from all of the hits to the stomach took forced me to drop down to my knees again, clenching onto myself. It hurt so much. In fact I think I'm in more pain now than I was when it was actually happening. Probably because he was doing it so fast I couldn’t react to it. Blows to the face and the body, all seconds apart; I had no chance of dodging any of it.

Small cries escaped from my mouth making me feel so weak; I've never felt so much pain that I've felt like crying before, never mind have actual tears pour down my face.

Slowly I tried to get up again but I just couldn’t. I tried and tried and tried but each time I failed and just ended up hurting even more. Why is pain so depressing?

In the corner of my eye I could see Shorty; it looked like he was only just coming out of the bathroom. I wonder what took him so long. He saw me straight away and stood still, not looking at me though. Was he just going to watch me crying in pain? Is he going to pretend I'm not here? I seriously didn’t think he was like that.

“Shorty!” I shouted over to him, but I regretted it straight away. Why would I want his help?

Cautiously he approached me. I knew he was pretty confused right now seeing as he thought I’d be fine with my girlfriend, especially after how she acted when she thought it was him who hurt me. I laughed a little trying to imagine Shorty attacking me; he wouldn't dare.

“Are y-you alright?” he asked me nervously.

“Can you give us a hand?” I hissed at him, knowing that he wouldn't refuse to help me even if I didn’t ask nicely.

He nodded looking really uncomfortable as he tried to support my weight as I attempted to stand up. I could feel him shaking as he struggled to hold me; I forgot how weak he clearly is. The plan completely failed when we both fell down, crashing to the floor. I ended up landing right on top of him, my stomach taking the impact as my body fell on him making it hurt even more than it was already. I let out a light yell as he struggled underneath me.

He started crying which really made me angry; I don’t know why it just did. As I tried to roll of him, realizing that I was probably crushing him now, I noticed something hard rubbing against my leg. I stared at him in shock once I was off him.

He blushed a very bright red when he saw that I’d noticed. I shuffled slightly away from him but then I realized that there was no point in doing that.

“Sorry,” he said still in tears.

“Don't be,” I sighed uncertainly. “I'm the one that sort of crushed you,” I said awkwardly.

I tried ignoring my pain and forced myself to stand up. It hurt like hell but right now I didn’t care. He was in tears now because of me. Not only have I hurt him but he’s probably incredibly embarrassed now too. I don’t know why I care... I just do.

“Here,” I said, extending my hand and helping him up.

He looked at me nervously, obviously trying to work out whether he can trust me or not. A smile spread across my face when he grabbed hold of my hand and lifted himself up. I noticed he blushed when his hand touched mine. Does he like me? No, of course he doesn’t; he’s a guy. Guys don’t like other guys...

“Th-thanks,” he muttered shyly.

This kid is so adorable. Wait, what am I saying? He’s not adorable, he’s a little emo kid who got scared of me and then got his brother to beat me up. I should hate him!

“Erm... Are you okay?” I asked him as he tried to wipe the tears from his face. “Did I, er, hurt you?”

“I’ll be fine,” he whispered sounding so innocent that I couldn’t help but smile.

“How’s your, erm, your stomach?”

“Strangely not as bad now,” I smiled, feeling the tension building between us.

“Oh,” he whispered. “That’s good,” he said smiling a little.

There was an awkward silence where we both just tired not to make eye contact with each other. This really felt wrong; even I was starting to feel nervous now.

“So, do you have a name other than Shorty?” I asked him, suddenly feeling really shy.

“Cadence,” he smiled. “D-do you have a n-name o-ther than C-Capper?”

I smiled at his attempt to imitate me,it was so cute. I was also surprised that he knew my name, I know he’s probably heard the guys say it before and there’s a chance that he may have even called me it once, but I feel like I've heard my name through his voice for the first time and for some reason I really like that. The idea of my name coming from him made me smile like a little kid.

“Not that you need to know about,” I chuckled.

I'm Capper to everyone now. No one calls me by my actual name, not even the teachers because quite frankly, they just don’t know it. No one does really. I do and my parents did but other than that, I have no family to know about it and honestly I’d rather my friends call me Capper. Capper is me now and sometimes I wish that I always was. Some people say names are overrated, that they mean nothing, but really it’s the people, trying to be something they’re not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update until Moosey is back from her holidays :(
But don't worry she has a chapter done already so shell be typing crazy when she gets back

Thanks to
StarstripexMoose
and
SillySunny
For commenting :)

I'm too tired to do a mega long author's note and i want to go to bed so... bye