Status: Was active (no idea what's going on ><)

Spontaneous Ways of Augusta Hunt

What Could be Worse?

So the train ride to Hogwarts...

Stop right there... Hogwarts? What kind of name is that anyway? I mean I’m getting a clear picture of a huge pig with warts on a deformed rear end? Anyway,

... wasn’t as glorious as I’d thought it would be, for one reason, I’d never been on a train before, but now I know how boring it is!

My idiotic fiancée wouldn’t stop singing, and I was seriously beginning to think my ears were set on a constant ring!
Hermione looked as if she were conducting an orchestra with her silly stick thing, while Ron and Harry played gryphon, snake, wand... and making strange noises every time either of them failed to win.

I picked at my perfect fingernails, and tried to drown out the “music” coming from Justin’s mouth, although calling it anything nicer than monstrous was an overstatement to anyone with good taste in music; which I happen to have. I mean come on people, Miley Cyrus sings manlier than my fiancée!

I burned the image of Justin in a long-blond wig and high heels out my head. I mean, I already have a gay brother who wears women’s thongs. The last thing I need is a cross-dressing fiancée. Wouldn’t it be weird if Justin really was gay, and met Joe?

“Ohmygod, gross!” I screamed, but realized that it wasn’t in my head when Ron and Harry looked up from their hand game.

“What’s gross? I want to know too!” Ron said, and smiled with his horrible set of crooked teeth. I could feel my nose crinkle up when I spotted something green stuck in between them.

“Uh, nothing; I was just,” I paused to find the right words, and then smiled as I twisted the images in my head. “I was just thinking, wouldn’t it be weird if Ron wore thongs?”

Ron’s freckled face turned an awkward shade of red and I burst out laughing; Justin stopped singing and Harry’s mouth dropped. Hermione was the only one not in shock. The hard line on her lips and deathly light in her eyes told me to stop. So I did, and switched the topic.

“So, Hermione, is this your first year at Hogwarts?” I asked, somewhat nervously.

“Nope,” came her more-than simple reply, and she went back to fidgeting with her stick.

“Oh? What’s it-” I began to ask, but was cut off by a vicious hushing sound that escaped from Hermione’s pursed lips.

“I’m trying to practice some very complex spells, if you don’t mind.”

Her snide comment made my anger bubble and I stood up furiously, glaring at her. No one hushes me, Augusta Hunt. Especially if the person doing the hushing has frazzled hair, and needs a lesson or two on how to apply makeup! I opened my mouth to say something incredibly rude when my husband-to-be stood up, took my hands and began to dance with me.

“Let me go you freakish gremlin kid!” I yelled at the top of my lungs, but didn’t get to argue further because when I stepped back, I lost my footing and fell. Then, it seemed as if someone had turned out the lights.

***

When I came too, the first thing I did was scream. No, not because I was having a horrible dream, or that one of my perfect fingernails had broken, but because when I opened my eyes the first thing I saw were a set of yellowed, crooked teeth.

“Sorry,” a kid with red hair said shyly, but was then shoved out of the way by a smaller kid who was dressed like a priest with a sideways hat.

“Oh, my precious is alive... People, this is a miracle!” he cried. No, literally tears were streaming down his face and he had a hankie in his hand to blow the running snot from his nose. I gave a disgusted look towards him, thinking in my head with sarcasm, that’s attractive.

“Ron, Harry, Hermione, Bieber!” a deep bellowing voice rang in the room I was in. To your dorms, I don’t want you disturbing our protégée here.

I looked over to the girls’ face; the anger in it made me shiver.

“Come on guys, you heard Professor Dumbledore.” She huffed all the way out the door; the rest of them just followed like lost puppies.

“What’s with her?” I asked out loud.

“Hermione is our best student here at Hogwarts, that is, until you came along.” Dumbledore said while shuffling closer to my bed.

“Are you pulling my leg sir, what on earth is Hogwarts some kind of disease?” I asked, completely clueless.

“Oh no,” I could hear the sadness in his voice as he brought his wrinkly old hand to his lips. “You’re amnesia is worse than I feared.”

“What’s wrong with me?” I asked, feeling tears well up in my eyes. This was all news to me. I mean, the last thing I remember was waking up at home on the day of my birthday!

“Well it’s rather a long story if you don’t mind listening,” Dumbledore said while sliding a chair over to my bed side...

I settled back onto the pillow and listened intently to what the old man had to say.