In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 10

You had been asleep for almost a week. You opened your eyes very slowly because you head was pounding. It was early so early that the sun hadn't risen up over the mountains yet. You looked at the entrance and saw that a door had been carved out of the ice which as you could tell now was about three feet deep. You could tell that some kind of evil had contributed to the icing over of the cave. You had to bite you lip to keep from yelling when you sat up, your whole body was in pain. You looked around everyone was still asleep. Legolas was right next to you he was beginning to look like a panda from staying up with you. You were starving but you decided to just sit and wait until everyone else woke up. You tried to get up but failed miserably when you fell back and landed hard on your butt. You were gasping for air you hurt so badly. You saw Legolas stir and slowly wake. He looked up at you and sat bolt up right. "Idril your a wake." he exclaimed pulling you into a passionate kiss. "Wow what was that for, I mean it's nothing special to wake up." you asked when you finally caught your breath. "You've been asleep for a week; you saved my life by giving me some of your life power. You didn't know that?" Legolas looked at you surprised. "No I didn't know that, wow." was all you could say and Legolas just laughed at your surprise. "Well today's another day."
You slowly got up the next morning you were still stiff from being asleep for a week you were folding up your blanket because today was the day that you were going back down the mountain because you finally knew it was too dangerous to be on the mountain in the weather that had been raging and the ices. You had bent over to put the blanket in a backpack when you felt cold steel on your throat. You gasped in shock and instinctively reached for the blade, at your throat. "Don't move" a low voice growled in your ear you knew at once that it was Arizon.
"Arizon you snake I saved your life." you hissed. "I would have been fine but now you’re trying to take Legolas from me but that can't happen." She snarled in your ear making it buzz ever so lightly. "Did he ever give you any kind of commitment or ask you to commit to him?" you asked her trying to trap her with words. "Shut up." She proclaimed arrogantly even though you knew it was true. "You wouldn't speak this way if we were face to face you weakling." you snapped at her toying with her ego. You knew you couldn't take her at least not now not while you were so weak you were just trying to hold her off until one of the others came back to get you. "Fine you want to fight me I'll tear you limb from limb." she exclaimed releasing you and pushing you forward so roughly that you collided into the cave wall you scrambled to get you weapon out as you ducked from Arizon's on coming attacks.
"You're just jealous that he likes me more." you said jeering her on. "Well at least I had some one at home waiting for me but no one would even lose a second of sleep if you were gone." She said mocking you and hacking at you coming dangerously close to your neck. You couldn't keep this up much longer you flicked your wrist and your sword collided with the flesh of her left arm. That only fueled the flames that powered her endless attacks. "You're going to regret that you little wretch." she barked at you. "I think I already do." you whispered to your self secretly you felt like a lost child everything she had said about you was true and you knew it you were so tired you couldn't fight forever. You had to face the end sometime. You ran to the back of the cave and started to scream for help. "Legolas can't hear you now." Arizon roared as she charged at you blade at the ready.
You ran with all the speed you could muster to the back of the cave until your back was to a rocky wall. She grabbed your throat and started to lift you up the wall choking you and grazing your back against the many dents and sharp ridges of the wall. You could feel blood seep through your tunic. You could hardly breathe you were scratching as hard as you could at her hands that were crushing your esophagus. You cried as a red blur began to fog your vision deep blackness was slowly creeping into your vision swallowing it whole.
"Legolas". Was all you could manage to whisper as you went out cold you heard footsteps rushing toward you to your rescue.
You heard Legolas yell for the others, "What, what's going on?" you asked as you rubbed your head slowly coming to. They were all huddled over a limp figure, it was Arizon. "She tried to kill me!" you exclaimed as the memories from last night flooded back into your mind. "Looks like you might have returned the favor." Borimer mumbled at you. "What are you talking about Borimer?" you asked him having no idea what he was talking about. "We found her lying next to your unconscious body, with a slices all over her stomach and your bloody blade next to her." Borimer practically screamed at you. "WHAT!?" you screamed. "She tried to kill me remember, and the last I saw of her she was perfectly fine choking me to death." you told him trying to defend yourself from their incriminating glances. "Why would she slice herself?" Gimli asked. "Self loathe, depression, or she could have been trying not to get caught killing me, you choose." you told him angrily.
It seemed as if no one believed you as you nursed her wounds. "If I tried to kill her how did I get knocked out, and why'd would I be healing her?" you asked them as you washed some cloth to put on the gashes. No one even looked at you they just turned away in what seemed to be disgust. "Legolas you believe me don't you?" you asked now close to tears. "I don't know what to believe any more." he said looking at you through the corner of his eyes. After that you refused to help heal her unless they admitted your innocence. It took them two days to finally beg for your help. Those two days were like you were living a night mare. You had to cook your own food; it was ok but not half as good as Sam's, you slept by yourself, you shivered for what seemed like hours before you fell asleep. You hated being alone, the worst way to miss some one is when there right next to you but you know you can't have them, that's how you felt about Legolas. It was almost as if he knew you were innocent but was afraid he would be outcast if he said so.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE BIG DOUBLE DIGITS WOOOOHHOOOO...made it to ten chapters Yipeee!!!