In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 3

your dream

~"help Help HELP PLEASE HELP ME!" you hear your own voice in the distance you run towards it you run but it just seems you get farther and farther away "NO LEAVE ME ALONE YOU RUINED MY LIFE SOME ONE SAVE ME SHE'S CHASING ME!" you realized that the voice was yelling at you. You were yelling at your self "no I don't want to hurt you I want to help you." you yell back at the darkness and at your voice. A voice, a man's voice from behind you said,” then why'd you fall in love with an elf that's engaged to another." after that there was an eerie almost evil but quiet laugh. You spin around only to find Legolas. "What what are you doing here." you asked almost in tears you were so afraid who had told him you liked him. "IDRIL why'd you fall in love with me WHY." he screamed angrily at you wanted to cry but you couldn't "I don't know." you sobbed "Wrong answer." with that he pulled out his sword and pushed it straight through your stomach. You take your last painful breath and glance lovingly in his eyes as you die you look in his eyes for the very last time you see yourself. You woke up screaming it was pitch block dark so dark you thought you eyes were still closed. You got sort of panicked when your Elvin ears pick up some on else’s presence. "Who's there you say shakily." "It's-----
It’s.....Arowen." "Oh, well then I don't want to talk to you traitor." you screamed angrily. Then you start to get up but as you put you hands down to push your self up off the ground your soft flesh comes in contact with a hard sharp rock sticking out of the ground. You felt pain rush to the palm of your left hand. You lifted your hand to examine the cut and feel the warm trickle of blood flowing freely down your arm. "Great, GREAT!!!" you yell as you curse under you breath in elfish. "You shouldn't say things like that." Arowen gasped. "Well what am I supposed to say "Oh Boy I'm going on the most dangerous journey of my life, maybe in the history of ALL TIME AND THE HAND THAT I USE TO CONTROL ALL THE WEAPONS THAT MAY SAVE MY LIFE HAS PRACTICALLY BEEN SLICED IN HALFAND MY BEST FRIEND LIED TO ME AND I REALLY LIKE A GUY THAT'S ALREADY ENGAGED OH YEAH I'M SOOOOO HAPPY." you screamed at her after you finish with this rampage of anger. You burst into tears and ran into her arms and you cried on each other's shoulder all the rest of the night on the forest floor. "Oh no I have to get back to Rivendel we're leaving at 5:00am so we can get an early start on our trip to almost certain doom." at your last statement you both laugh tearfully "Please don't go what if ...... what if something happens to you and you don't come back." Arowen asked with tears in her eyes. "Nothing's going to happen it can only get better from here." .....But boy were you wrong.
You and Arowen rushed back to Rivendel to help you finish packing for the journey. In your room you and Arowen avoided eye contact because you knew if you looked at her you wouldn't be able to force yourself to leave. You and Arowen held hands as you slowly walked down the stairs to the foyer. You walked as slowly as you could because you knew that these steps could be the last that you take with her, with your best friend. You finally reached the bottom of the stairs and looked at the faces around you there was Aragorn, who would have a hard time leaving Arowen, Borimer, who seemed emotionless, Gimli, who put on a tough face but you knew he didn't want to leave his under ground tunnels, Frodo, who clung to his uncle's hand for dear life, Sam, who was trying to stay strong for Frodo, Mary and Pippin, who at least had each other, Gandalf, who looked like he'd been betrayed by a good friend and was ready to leave it behind, Legolas, who was kissing his fiancé for the last time in a long time, and you. You felt so awkward in this group the only girl, and you didn't know any of them very well, fear pulled at your heart tempting you to stay and never try to leave but you had given your word and what do you have if not your word. You knew you had to go, the pangs of sadness in your heart brought tears to your eyes but you quickly wiped them away with your freshly bandaged hand. You looked over at Arowen kissing Aragorn, all the hobbits hugging Bilbo, Gimli saying goodbye to all the dwarves, Borimier hugging his humans goodbye, Gandalf saying his goodbyes to Bilbo and Arowen's father, and you who were you leaving behind you had no family and very few friends, except Arowen you stood there tears weld up in your eyes but you didn't want any of the fellowship to think you were a weak link so you brushed them away as you said goodbye to Arowen and slung you pack over your shoulder and the fellowship headed out on their journey together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Suggestions, ratings, comments, or messages anyone?