In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 4

You headed out into the gentle glow of the early morning sun as the Fellowship headed out on their journey you walked in complete silence until you were out of Rivendel. Your black hair was caressed gently in the spring breeze. the hobbits were quietly humming a travelers tune that no doubt Bilbo had taught them Gimli was telling Borimier one of his "exciting" battle stories and Borimier was pretending to listen, Aragon and Gandalf were debating on which path to take, and Legolas was ahead scouting on top of a rocky slope his blonde hair blowing in the warm wind and his blue eyes scanning the horizon. You, you were just absorbing it all if you didn't know any better you'd have said this was a peaceful outing with friends but the key thing is you knew better.
You all saw a glade up ahead and it appeared to be safe so you decided to stop for lunch. "So let give a little introduction about our selves." Gandalf said amiably. "I'll start, I'm Gandalf the gray, I am a wizard and that's about it." Gandalf said pondering that there wasn't anymore to say. "OK I'm Frodo I'm a hobbit and I love parties." Frodo said cheerfully. "I'm Merry Frodo may like parties but not as much as I, and Pippin is me best friend." Merry said passing the conversation along to Pippin. "I'm Pippin Merry is my best friend, I love ale." at this everyone laughed even you couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm Sam, and I'm Frodo's gardener." Sam said turning a little pink in the cheeks. "Gimli son of Gloin, Dwarf warrior." Gimli said in a very serious tone. "WELL, I'm Borimier Gondor protector and human." Borimier said, next was Aragorn. "I'm Aragorn, Ranger and Human." Aragorn said not knowing much else to say. "Ok I'm Legolas, son of Thrandiul, heir to Mirkwood, elf" Legolas said turning to you. "Um... I'm Idril, elf." You said stumbling over your words like a wounded horse. "Come on tell us a bit more." Gandalf said caucusing the information out of you. "Ok I'm 2900 and I live in Rivendel I'm the best archer in Rivendel and I like to hunt and practice my bow and arrow." You said finally speaking for more than a few seconds. "OH, so it looks like you're going to have some compaction Legolas." Aragorn said to Legolas but looking at you. Legolas just smiled his mysterious smile and gazed at you with those eyes that could pierce even the coldest heart with warmth and love.
You guys packed up the food and headed out again you were heading towards the mountains. You and Legolas took turns scouting ahead at first some of the group members had problems because you were a woman, but you soon straightened him out from then on Borimier spoke an octave higher.
You were on shift and looking down at the group who always seemed to have more fun when you were on watch well at least it seemed that way. You looked out beyond the crest of the hill you were standing on you saw a group of Oruki heading at high speeds straight for you. You ran as fast as you could down to the others yelling "ORUKI ORUKI" as you ran. You were trapped the hills to the front and left with the attacking oruki behind them and a mountain to your back you would have to fight you way out you looked at the others drawing their weapons as you prepared you bow for battle Legolas looked at you and you nodded you knew what you had to do.
Your arms tensed as you saw the tops of the oruki flags over the hill top you prepared your bow for battle; they were merely walking towards you. You didn't think they knew you were there, so you at least had the element of surprise. you could just see the tops of their helmets when Legolas let one of his arrows fly, it pierced the air with such agility you just had to stand in awe, then it disappeared over the hills and you heard a scream as one of the helmets in the very front fell so that you could see the arrow embedded in the center of the oruki's distorted face. The remaining group of about seventy-five looked at each other and let out a horrible screech of furry and headed full speed towards the fellowship. You let fly your first arrow and the next and the next and watched as each of your arrows hit their targets dead center you and Legolas were letting arrows soar arrow for arrow but no matter how many arrows were shot there were too many oruki. they were coming closer and closer so close that you thought at any minute you'd be able to smell their stinking breath on your face, you decided the time was right to stand and fight, so you pulled out your sabers from their sheaths on your back as the fellowship drew their swords looking fierce (all except the hobbits who were hiding behind Gandalf and Aragorn) Legolas shot off one more arrow and followed the rest of the group. There was no turning back now you had to finish this fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Epic battle in the next chapter....READ ONWARDS MY MINIONS!!!!