In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 5

you looked out at the first oruki coming towards you ready to fight the hoard running towards you they were so close that you could see their horrible yellow teeth as they charged at you it was like water on rock and you were a mere pebble to this ocean of murdering machines. you struck as hard as you could on their metal breast plates, which seemed almost impenetrable Legolas screamed out, "STRIKE AT THE NECK!" so you attacked hard at the neck and you were showered in the oruki's blood, which was a deep red. You wiped it from your eyes and continued on in your rampage. You fought your way to the center of the oruki horde, and searched for the rest of the fellowship to the left of you, you could see Aragorn and Gandalf fighting side by side trying to protect the small shivering hobbits, behind you there was Gimli and Borimier back to back slaughtering oruki as they went, and Legolas was on his own with both of his elven sabers flashing, slicing, killing as he swung at the hordes charging at him. To your right there was a group of about five or six dragging away what looked to be an elf or a human you’re charged after them not knowing who they were but that you had to help them. you pushed and shoved and fought and kicked your way through the masses to get to the small group who ever it was not making it easy for them they were screaming and flailing around so violently that there was blood flying you rushed towards them afraid that the blood was the captives.
You hacked at the first oruki's back until he fell face first in the up turned dirt from the struggle. you beat your way through all the oruki until you could see that the captive was a she elf like yourself which only angered your more so your sliced at the oruki's arms that were barely holding on to the struggling prisoner. as they let go out of pain and screeched as they clenched their bleeding arms she fell but was soon up swords unsheathed swinging furiously at the oruki you could tell that she was a trained warrior quite like your self. Soon you and the mysterious elf were standing in the center surrounded by all the slain and drenched in their blood. You looked over at her other than a pretty deep cut on her bleeding cheek she seemed to be ok. "Are you ok?" you asked her as she turned to look at you. "Yeah I'm fine. Who are you?" she asked in bewilderment. "Idril and you?" You asked out of sheer curiosity. "I'm Arizon, thank you for all your help." She said gratefully. "Your welcome now can you help me fight the rest of these oruki?" you pleaded. "It would be my pleasure." she said with a smile.
You and Arizon ran back to the few oruki that were left slicing and dicing as you went you finally met up with Legolas on the outskirts of the dwindling crowd. "Where have you been, and who's this?" Legolas asked between bloody outbursts. "I've been fighting just like you and she was a captive her name is Arizon." you said as you ran another oruki through. "Oh ok my name is Legolas." Legolas said as he wiped blood from his hand to shake hands with Arizon. After shaking hands Arizon tapped on the last oruki's shoulder and as he turned around she sliced his throat. "Nice to meet you Legolas who are all these other people?" she asked as she looked around at the mangy group left standing. "Ok here we go: Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Gimli, Borimier, You, Me, and Legolas." you said out of breath. "Oh I see and how did such a varied group like your self come to be way out here and rescue me." Arizon asked. "We are a fellowship on a mission." Gandalf answered. "What are you doing out her alone." Legolas asked concerned. "I was kidnapped from my village by the oruki four days ago I never quit fighting to get free they slaughtered all in my village. So I'm all alone." she said tearfully. "Why did they capture you and not kill you." Legolas asked. "I don't know I guess it's because I was the heir." Arizon said unsure of herself. "What was your village called?" Gandalf asked. "Shennotia." she said sadly. "I was wondering, I know you don't know me very well but could I stay with you?" Arizon asked hopefully. "Of course." Frodo piped in cheerfully. "Oh thank you so much." Arizon then gave each of them a hug. "Well I think we need to look for a place to camp tonight." Aragorn said. They soon found the oruki's old camp over the hills and they decided to stay there. As they rummaged through the things left behind they found a locket with a picture of Arizon in it so Legolas took it to her. She looked longingly at it for a few seconds then she slowly fell to the ground. She buried her face in her hands as she wept. She ran the gold chain through her fingers gently caressing each link in the chain as the tears flowed freely down her cheeks leaving trails of clean skin after washing the blood from them. Legolas knelt down beside her and stroked her hair gently. Pushing it out of her eyes and wiping her face. "What is it Arizon." he questioned quietly to her. "It's my mother's locket they had her slain right in front of my eyes then they snatched the locket right off of her dead body." she said weeping. "She always used to say 'life isn't always beautiful Arizon but treasure each moment and never have regrets.' I now regret that I didn't get to tell her I love her one last time before she..." Arizon managed to say before she was over come with tears. Legolas took her into his arms and let her cry on his shoulder stroking her hair until she fell asleep on his sholder. You watched from a distance brimming with jealousy you began to regret saving her.
Legolas gently picked Arizon up careful not to wake her, "where should I put her?" Legolas whispered to you since you were the only one awake, it was your turn to take watch, "Put her over there by Frodo." you said not even looking at him. After he had gently laid her next to Frodo he sat next to you with a sigh. "What's the matter Legolas?" you asked him concerned. "Nothing, you were great out there today." Legolas said avoiding the question, but you decided to play along. "You too, um... so how did you meet your fiancé?" you asked randomly. "Oh, we were sort of um... influenced by our parents to be married." Legolas said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. "Then why are you marrying her?" you asked hopefully because you still liked him a lot. "I was gonna call it off, but I don't want to hurt her, and everyone expects me to marry her." Legolas said looking out at the stars. "Is that why when you announced it everyone said FINALLY?" you joked. "Yeah I tried putting it off as long as I could but I started to feel the pressure weighing heavily on me so I did it. We had been going out for almost fifty years." Legolas said turning to you and asking, "During the going away dinner, why did you run out like that, you looked really upset?" "I...I was lied to by my best friend, and I just happened to figure it out at that very moment." you said remembering every detail of that night. "I can't believe I told you all that, you’re really easy to talk to Idril." Legolas said. "You are too, Legolas." You said looking up into his blue eyes. "Can you believe it's only been two days, I miss my family and friends already?" Legolas said trying to change the subject again. "I really don't have all that many people to miss." you said turning away from him because you could feel tears sting at your prideful eyes. He reached up and turned your head towards him, "I'm sure a lot of people really miss you." Legolas said looking deeply into your eyes. "I...um...I better get to bed." you said nervously ripping your eyes away from his, "I'll wake Gandalf up it's his turn to take watch." you said walking towards Gandalf, "No I'll take watch it's ok." Legolas said to you before you could wake him. You went to go to the place where you were to sleep. You were almost asleep when Legolas started to sing an elvish song.
Hlasta!
Quetis Ilfirimain:
Corma turien te
Corma tuvien
Corma tultien te
Huines se nutien.
Tercno Nuruva.
Tuvien Corma tultien te
Huinesse nutien
Corma turien te Corma.
His voice was so beautiful that you felt it in your soul it was like the chiming of heavenly bells, he didn't know you were listening. You decided not to say anything and so remembering the beautiful song drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHHH Legolas....again with the chapter five being a milestone....yippeee...rate message or comment all are appreciated