In the Arms of Forever

Chapter 9

You looked over at Legolas you woke the next morning very early before any one else. You were freezing; the temperature must have dropped last night. You were going to just turn over and go back to sleep when you felt a whole side of you was soaking, the side that was next to Legolas. You sat up immediately and glancing down you saw that you were lying in a pool of Legolas' blood the bandages had bled through. Legolas was sleeping as he breathed you could see it linger in the air frozen his shallow breaths were barely creating a cloud of fog. You quickly knelt beside him to feel his pulse; it was so soft you could barely feel it. The bandages covering his whole arms were crimson the skin on his arms and hands was barely attached and you knew he wouldn't last long loosing this much blood. You began to panic you didn't know what else to do there were no more bandages or anything useful. You started to cry panicking and trying to think of what to do. "What am I going to do it's obvious from yesterday that none of them can help." you whispered to yourself thinking aloud, but then you heard an almost inaudible whisper. "I'm so cold Idril." Legolas said as his eye lids fluttered open. "I'm here." you said trying to comfort him. You suddenly had an idea. You closed your eyes and tried to picture it, you tried to picture your home. You were trying to access the ancient power you had read about in the scrolls. Positive thoughts Positive thought you kept repeating to yourself over and over. Soon your hands began to get warmer and warmer, soon they were very hot and you finally had the bravery to look down at them. They were glowing a bright red like flames. You looked at everyone around you who was again looking at you in wonder you moved closer and started to hum a lullaby your mother used to sing to you when you were a baby.

Hush a bye
don't you cry
go to sleepy little baby
when you wake
you shall have
all the pretty little horses
You moved your hands over his arms and focused all your energy into that moment. His arms too started to glow you knew the positive energy was transferring to him and healing him. You stayed this way until his arms were such a bright red you couldn't even look at them. You felt a sharp pain in your stomach you moved your hands to clutch your stomach. You face distorted in pain, Legolas was healed enough to sit up and look at you. He reached out to catch you as you fainted from pain. You gasped for air the pain created a haze in front of your eyes. It made it so hard to breathe. You started to feel tears slip from your eyes as you bit your lip to ease the pain. "What is it what's the matter?" Legolas asked trying his best to help. "Aragorn come quick something's wrong with Idril. HURRY!" Legolas screamed at his sleeping fellows. Aragorn got up along with most of the others he rushed over to where you were lying. He couldn't tell what was wrong neither could any one else. Everyone was up around you trying to help except Arizon who never even woke up. About mid day Arizon woke up and in a board tone looked at you and said, "Isn't it obvious she's been drained of almost all her life power. I mean look at her evenstar it's barely even glowing." "Well, how did it happen and what do we do?" Legolas asked starting to get even more freaked out. "Well, it can only be given freely so she must have done it purposely, and the only thing you can do is sit and wait and hope she didn't give it all away." Arizon said and walked away as if she didn't care. Legolas looked horror stricken. "What is it Legolas are you ok?" Arizon asked as if she was his girlfriend. "It was me; she gave all that up when she healed me." Legolas said as he unwrapped his arms to show that they were unscathed. "Why would she do that?" Arizon thought to herself. "She'll probably be fine." Arizon said sighing and rolling her eyes. Legolas was on the verge of tears. "She sacrificed her life for mine and all you can say is she'll be fine." He looked at her with a far off look of anger. Arizon began to cry and went to be alone. Since there was nothing any of you could do they all went about doing everything they could to keep themselves busy except for Legolas he never left your side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww wasn't that the sweetest....rate message or comment...or all three that would ROCK!!