Status: Start Date: July 1, 2010. Finish Date: N/A

Drop Dead Bitches

The Isolation of Theresa

Chapter 11: The Isolation of Theresa
Alexis walked up to the DuPaul house and knocked on the door. She waited anxiously and shoved her hands into her coat pocket. It was the time of the year where the people of California wore the coats they had little of.
“Hello, Alexis,” Mrs. DuPaul greeted. “I’m sorry, Colin just left to visit Ryan.”
“Oh, it isn’t Colin I wanted to speak to.”
Mrs. DuPaul looked confused. “Caitlyn?”
“Yeah,” Alexis laughed. “Is that hard to believe?”
“A bit. Come in. Caitlyn is up in her room.”
“Okay, thank you.”
“You’re welcome, sweetheart.”
Alexis walked up the stairs, nervous to confront Caitlyn. It was never her thing to meddle in other people’s situations but she thought it was the right thing to do. After all, she was the only one who knew the truth and soon Caitlyn would as well. She had to know.
Alexis stood at Caitlyn’s door and knocked on the frame.
Caitlyn turned her head towards the door and her face twisted in confusion just as her mothers did. “What’re you doing here? You do know Colin is gone, right?”
“I want to talk to you,” Alexis said gently. “Can I come in?”
Caitlyn thought about it for a while then turned down the TV. “Yeah.”
“How’s your leg?” she asked.
“Broken,” she responded, anger in her voice. “I’m not going to be able to cheer for about three to four months.”
“Speaking of cheerleading…. I have to talk to you about the incident that happened a couple days ago.”
“Ugh, I know. My landing was off, I get it.”
“No, it’s not about that. There was nothing wrong with your landing. It was about the people that was supposed to catch you.”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, during the incident I overheard Theresa speaking with these girls-”
“Christina, Amy, Melanie, and Sydney?”
“Was any of them supposed to catch you?”
“Melanie was. Why?”
“Because she’s the one that did this to you. She dropped you on purpose.”
“What? What’re you talking about? The whole performance was ruined and Melanie is that type of girl who gets pissed off when one little thing is off. She would never sabotage the performance.”
“Look, all I know is that something is going on within Theresa’s little entourage and if we don’t put a stop to it, there can be some serious damage.”
“We?”
“Well… yeah.”
“But you and Theresa are friends, right?”
“Were friends.”
“What happened?”
“Caitlyn, have you noticed anything different about your brother?” Alexis pressed.
“No…. Was I supposed to?”
“I’m not talking attitude-wise. I’m talking about his appearance.”
“Yeah, I don’t get it.”
“His purity ring is gone, Caitlyn,” Alexis said in a low voice so no one would overhear.
Caitlyn laughed incredulously. “No. No, Colin would never.”
“Okay, that may be true but what if it wasn’t Colin’s choice to do so?”
“So you’re saying he got raped?” Caitlyn laughed.
“Will you stop laughing?! This is serious.”
“How am I supposed to believe anything you’re saying? We hate each other. I’m so far from trusting you.”
Alexis sighed, rolling her eyes. “I hoped it wouldn’t come to this,” she said, digging in her purse.
Caitlyn watched her as she pulled out her wallet and took out a folded up picture. “What’s that?”
“See for yourself.” She handed the picture to her.
Caitlyn unfolded it slowly, scared of what she might see. For a moment she just stared at the picture, confused. Then she gasped in horror when she realized what the picture was.
“Believe me now?”
“I don’t get it….”
“It’s Colin and Theresa in a car naked.”
Caitlyn cringed. “I know what the picture is, I’m not stupid. But I don’t understand….”
“I found the picture in my gym bag a couple months ago. Someone must have slipped it in there. I don’t know exactly what’s going on but I know Colin wouldn’t have wanted this.”
“Yeah, especially since he was the one that suggested we get purity rings.”
“So what’re we going to do?”
“We’re going to destroy Theresa Santos,” Caitlyn said bitterly.
“This can be the start of a beautiful friendship.”

“This thing is indestructible,” Theresa cried as she looked at herself in the mirror. She had her shirt lifted up to her sore breasts and rubbed her belly that was still growing.
“Theresa, I think it’s time to come clean. Not only to Colin but to everyone,” Derek said.
She scoffed. “No, no, no. I am not going to do that. That’s going to ruin my life!”
“Oh, and this baby isn’t? With each day that passes, that baby is becoming more and more… human. It’s developing senses, feelings, emotions. We can’t keep hiding it from the world, Theresa. Eventually people will find out.”
“Just give me time, okay?! You have no clue how hard this is for me. I already told one person and that didn’t go very well. Just imagine what it would be like if I told my family! You try being in my position. It isn’t easy being me when you have to look after your sister, go to school, worry about this baby, friends, and try to stay on top of the social hierarchy all at the same time!” Then she finally broke down crying.
“Come here,” Derek said, wrapping his arms around her.
“You don’t understand,” she cried, trying ineffectively to push him away.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been so selfish. For now on, I’ll stand by whatever decision you make but I really do think that someday soon you should come clean. It’ll make things a whole lot easier,” he murmured, brushing his fingers through her hair.
“Don’t touch my hair,” she said. “It took me an hour and thirty-eight minutes.”
He chuckled. “I’m sorry.”

“Hey, what’s up?” Colin said as we walked into the kitchen.
“Nothing. Because all I can do is nothing,” his sister grumbled.
“Well, if it makes you feel any better, I bought you something.”
“A new leg?!”
“No, silly! French macaroons,” he held out the box with a smile.
“Colin, you know I can’t eat those,” she cried.
“Why not? They’re your favorite! And you won’t be cheering for a while anyways so you don’t have to worry about your weight. You know you want them,” he teased, cracking open the box.
Caitlyn bit her lip, trying to get a better look. “Okay, fine!” She succumbed as she grabbed the box and picked out a pink one.
“Aren’t they good?”
“Heaven.”
He chuckled. “So mom told me Alexis came by earlier and she wanted to speak to you. What’s that about?”
She rolled her eyes. “She just went on and on about how I should stop getting in between the two of you. Honestly, I don’t see how you can date or even be friends with that control freak.”
“Caitlyn,” he said in disapproval.
“Whatever, I’m not going to tell you who you can or can’t be friends with. The last thing you need is another person controlling your life,” she laughed.
“Shut up and eat.”
She smiled. “So how’s you and your girlfriend?”
“I told you, she isn’t my girlfriend,” he said between his teeth.
“Whoa! Talk about defensive.”
“Well, yeah. Theresa and I are completely over. I don’t want anything more to do with her.”
“Colin, what happened?” she asked.
“It just wasn’t working out. There’s nothing more to it,” he said, walking out of the room.
When Caitlyn heard the door of his bedroom shut, she pulled out her phone.
“What did you find out?” Alexis asked.
“Nothing yet but he’s definitely hiding something,” she murmured.
“Do you think you can get anything out of him?”
“I don’t think he’s going to break anytime soon but I know we can dig up some dirt without him.”
“There will be no digging needed. I’ve already got it all planned out.”

“So who’s our little spy?” Caitlyn asked.
“Just wait and see,” Alexis said with a smile.
Then there was a knock at the door.
“I’ll get it,” Alexis said.
Caitlyn waited in her bedroom when Alexis arrived at her door with their spy.
“Sydney?” Caitlyn said in shock.
“You aren’t the only one who wants to take down Theresa,” she said.
The three girls all looked at each other and shared an impish smile.

“So are you ever going to tell me what happened with you and Derek?” Ryan asked.
Colin shrugged his shoulders. “There’s nothing to talk about.” He hadn’t remembered telling Ryan anything about Derek but gossip around here spreads around like wildfire. At least some things do.
“All right, then. Just know that I’m here if you need to talk.”
“Uhm… sure. Look, I’m just tired of all this drama in my life. I don’t think I’ve had a moment in a while that my life didn’t have some kind of crap in it. First there was Alexis, then Theresa, and I guess there’s Derek now. I’m just fed up.”
“I really don’t think you should think like that.”
“Why not? Dude, I just want some fun. I mean, look at the way you live! No job, no rules, winging life. You get to do whatever you want.”
“That’s because I’m eighteen. I’m free to do whatever I want and don’t forget that I still go to school.”
“Whatever. From now on, I live for myself.”

Melanie, Christina, Amy, and Sydney all rushed to Theresa’s front door urgently. Melanie knocked on the door and Barbara opened it immediately.
“Where is she?” Melanie asked.
“In the kitchen. I don’t know what the big deal is though,” she responded.
They four girls pushed the maid out of the way and rushed to the kitchen.
“Whoa,” Christina gasped.
“Did you really call us here to help you stop eating?” Melanie asked, annoyed.
“I’m just so hungry!” she cried.
“She’s like a black hole!” Christina giggled.
Theresa shot gave her a death stare and Christina hid behind Sydney.
“Do you not have any self control?” Amy asked.
“Speak for yourself, whore!”
Amy’s jaw dropped.
“Yeah, don’t think we all don’t know about your four abortions. We all wouldn’t be surprised if you turned out to be a prostitute.”
“What’s wrong with you?!” Melanie yelled “It was fun being a bitch while we were sabotaging Caitlyn’s routine but lately you’ve been acting like Britney during her bald days! Who do you think you are to talk to Amy like that?”
“Oh, don’t even go there! I don’t think you realize how annoying you are. You try so hard to fit in, to be like me but honestly you’re no where close! Why don’t you do something about your personality and find a way to turn it at least two dimensional.”
“You’re just full of irony, aren’t you? First you go and call Amy a whore then you tell me that I try so hard to fit in. You obviously have to try taking your own advice. Don’t think I don’t know about how you and Derek have a thing. I found a picture of you two. At least we don’t see pictures of Amy having sex floating around. Then you tell me that I try so hard to fit in. All I have to say is to stop trying to be like Caitlyn. You’ll never be her.”
Theresa’s face was livid and her hands were clenched into fists. “Get. Out. Now.” she ordered, her jaw locked. “Out!” she screamed.
The Amy, Sydney, and Christina jumped and ran out of the kitchen while Melanie stood there, her face just as threatening as before. “I’m done serving you.”
“Like I care,” Theresa said, annoyed. “Barbara! Escort this one out.”
“Don’t touch me,” Melanie snapped. Leaving the house.
“Miss. Theresa-”
“Leave,” Theresa ordered.
When Barbara had left the room, Theresa began sobbing. Nothing in her life seems to be going right. Why was she doing this to her? Theresa couldn’t even remember what she had done to make the girl hate her so much to ruin her life. Theresa didn’t even know who she was! All she could think about was going away. Find a place where she can get away from this life. From everything.

Sydney pulled out her phone when she got home.
“Phase two complete,” she texted.
A couple seconds later her phone vibrated. “Commencing phase three -E.”
Sydney flipped back her brown hair and smiled in satisfaction. She was a freshman girl doing big and dark deeds.

I was certainly proud of myself. This was going a lot better than expected but it didn’t mean that I thought it wouldn’t, I just had my doubts. Everything was going just as planned and now phase three was about to begin. Get ready Theresa Santos, you’re about to drop dead and maybe that way you’ll learn to never mess with the heart of a bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drop Dead Bitches: The Isolation of Theresa.