Status: Start Date: July 1, 2010. Finish Date: N/A

Drop Dead Bitches

The Homecoming Princess

Chapter 3: The Homecoming Queen
“No one said you had to go to homecoming,” Theresa said. “I just want you to come with me.”
“Me?” Alexis said from the other line of the phone.
“Okay, us. But no one said you two had to talk to each other I just need your opinion on some stuff.”
“You always have my opinion,” Caitlyn called from the bathroom as she did her hair.
“Please, Alexis,” Theresa whispered, begging.
“I just don’t want to go!” Alexis said firmly. “I’m sorry.”
Theresa sighed. “Okay, that’s fine. Talk to you later.”
“Bye.” Alexis hung up the phone,
Caitlyn ran the brush through her curls, creating a little wave down her back. She put down the brush and walked into Theresa’s room. “If you ever try to put Alexis and I in the same room ever again I swear, you will definitely be the one suffering, got it?”
Theresa nodded her head and turned around, rolling her eyes.

“Who was that?” Colin asked, walking into his backyard with two glasses of iced tea.
“Theresa,” Alexis said.
“Oh really? What did she want?”
“She wanted me to go homecoming dress shopping with her.”
“What did you say?”
“I said I couldn’t,” she said, shrugging her shoulders.
“Why not?”
“Because I’m hanging out with you, silly.”
“Did you really tell her that?” Colin asked, frightened.
She laughed. “Of course not. And even if I did, why should she care? She knows how close we are.”
“That’s true but you know possessive she can get,” Colin laughed.
Alexis laughed along then their conversation died down. “So… you asked her to homecoming,” Alexis said.
“Yeah,” Colin laughed. “Well, of course I did. She’s my girlfriend, it’s only right.”
Alexis nodded her head.
“Why do you ask?” Colin said.
Alexis shrugged her shoulders. “Just wondering, you know.”
Colin gave her a dubious look. “Out with it.”
Alexis sighed. “You’re so annoying.”
“Don’t stall!”
“Okay, fine. It’s just that we’ve been talking about going to dances together ever since we were in sixth grade, remember that? And it’s just kind of sad knowing that we aren’t like that anymore and now you’re going with someone else.”
“Oh…,” Colin said. “I’m sorry I didn’t realize that you still remembered that promise.”
Alexis smiled. “Don’t even worry about it. I’m the one that broke up with you, remember?”
“Oh, don’t even remind me!” Colin laughed.
“You weren’t the same for the longest time which is why your sister hates me.”
“She doesn’t hate you.”
Alexis gave him a doubtful look.
“Okay, maybe just a smidge. But you can’t blame her for being the type where ‘you hurt my family, you’re going to experience living hell’ kind of person.”
“It’s not like I care what she thinks anyways,” Alexis said smugly. “I can take that bit-”
Colin gave her a disapproving stare.
“I can take her down any day,” she corrected herself, sipping her iced tea.

“I’m home,” Derek called as he walked through the front door of his house.
“In here, Derek,” his dad called from the living room.
“Hi, dad,” Derek said from the entrance way.
“How was work?” Mr. De Luca asked, looking up from his newspaper.
Derek shrugged his shoulders, sitting in the chair across from his father. “Okay. Where’s mom?”
“Still at work,” Mr. De Luca said. “She’ll be working over-time tonight and I’ve leaving in two hours so you’ll be home alone for the night.”
“Dad, why are we still doing this? We’re fine and it’s the weekend. Why don’t we watch a movie or go out to dinner like we used to do?”
Mr. De Luca put down his newspaper and took off his glasses. “Son, you need to understand that we need to be more careful now. This is our last chance and we can’t blow it.”
“Dad, why do you keep saying ‘we’? You and mom didn’t do anything wrong,” Derek said, folding his arms across his chest.
“We all did it together,” Mr. De Luca said.
“But, dad-”
“It’s in the past now, Derek. Everything is fine. Don’t worry!”
“Can’t we just-”
“New topic! So homecoming is coming up, eh?”
“Yeah,” Derek sighed.
“Are you going?”
Derek just shrugged his shoulders. “I just don’t want to.”
“No date?”
“No interest,” Derek corrected. “But if you don’t mind, I’m going to go upstairs and take a shower. The new worker got frozen yogurt in my hair.”
“I was hoping that’s what that was,” Mr. De Luca mumbled.

“Who’re you going to homecoming with? You never told me,” Colin asked as they walked into the mall.
“I’m going with a group,” Ryan responded with a smirk.
“So you’re just going to blow me, Theresa, Caitlyn, her date off like that?”
“My date’s will fill the void.”
“Date’s,” Colin said, exaggerating the s.
Ryan smiled.

“Okay, are you ready?” Caitlyn asked, bouncing into Theresa’s bedroom.
Theresa laid on her bed with a pillow over her face.
“Theresa?”
“I’ve been ready for the past two hours,” she mumbled.
“I had to get ready,” Caitlyn said, flipping her hair.
Theresa took the pillow off of her face and sat up. “Whoa,” she mumbled, staring off into space as her eyes saw doubles of everything.
“What?”
“I think I got up too fast…. I feel nauseas.” Theresa jumped off of the bed, her hands flying to her mouth as she bolted for the toilet.
“Oh God,” Caitlyn said, running in after her to hold her hair and plug her nose at the scent of stomach acid.
“What happened?” Caitlyn asked, handing Theresa a paper towel when she was done.
“I just felt dizzy, that’s all. And no, I didn’t make myself throw up…. I’m done with that.”
“Are you still feeling sick?”
“No, I feel fine now.”
“I don’t think we should go shopping anymore.”
“And waste two hours of getting ready? I think not!”

Caitlyn and her date, Alex Coy walked down the carpet that led into their school gym, they stopped before they entered for a quick picture and moved on followed by Colin and Theresa.
“I love this theme,” Caitlyn murmured, her mask to her face.
“Only because you picked it out,” Colin said. “How’re you supposed to know who anyone is when everyone is masked?”
“That’s the whole point,” Caitlyn said. “I just thought that my mask would sparkle just right when the light hits me on stage when I win Homecoming Princess.”
Theresa cleared her throat, reminding Caitlyn that she was well was nominated for Homecoming Princess.
Of course, Caitlyn ignored her.
It was always a competition for the two girls despite the fact that they were best friends. They both competed for the spot of Cheer captain which Caitlyn won, they both competed for Junior class president which none of them won only because of their lack of care for the school, they both competed for Homecoming Princess in the past which Caitlyn beat Theresa one to zero and this year Theresa was determined to win.
“Do you want to dance?” Alex asked Caitlyn.
“Sure,” Caitlyn said with a smile. Caitlyn wasn’t all too comfortable going to the dance with someone out of her group of friends. She was hoping Derek would ask her but when she found out Derek wasn’t going she was devastated so moved onto the next best thing.
Caitlyn had to admit, Alex was cute but not her type. He had green-ish hazel eyes, short cut blonde hair, he was a quarter back on the football team, and he was a sweet guy but Derek was tall, dark, and handsome. He had brown eyes that she was able to stare into for the longest time, dark wavy and wind-swept hair, perfectly tan skin, he was cut, and he was simple. Much different from the other guys she has dated even though Derek used to be exactly like the past guys she dated. A player.
“Let’s go,” Theresa said, taking Colin’s hand and leading him to the dance floor.
The whole gymnasium was filled with lights and people and music. Everyone was just having a good time.

Alexis sat in her house alone in front of the TV. She had a blanket wrapped around her and a bowl of movie theater popcorn in front of her.
There was a knock on the door and she put down the popcorn and blanket. “Who could that be,” she mumbled, peaking through the peak hole. Her eyebrows furrowed and she opened the door.
“Hi, Alexis,” Derek said with a smile.
“Hi… uhm, what’re you doing here? And why does it look like you’ll be staying for a while?” she asked, looking down at the plastic bag full of food.
“Oh, I just figured you needed some company since you weren’t going to Homecoming.”
“So we decide to come to my house?”
Derek laughed. “Yeah. Can I come in?”
“Oh right! Sure,” she said, letting him into the house.
Derek walked into the TV room and set down the plastic bag on the side of the coffee table. He looked at the TV and smiled. “Cinderella?”
Alexis smiled and sat down next to him. “I’m a sucker for Disney princesses. We can do something else if you want.”
“No, no, it’s fine. It’s your house.”
Then Derek pointed at the bowl on the table. “Is that popcorn?”
Alexis smiled. “Yes. Movie theater popcorn is kind of my guilty pleasure.”
Derek laughed. “Nice. I expected carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes, and broccoli.”
“I like to indulge myself every Saturday,” she said shrugging her shoulders as she popped a piece into her mouth.
“Well, prepared to marinate,” Derek said, reaching into the bag and bringing out a family sized bag of barbeque chips, snickerdoodles, and cookie dough ice cream.
“Oh no,” Alexis laughed incredulously. “I can’t eat that.” She shook her head.
“Oh, come on. It’s not going to kill you.”
“Yes, but it might kill my will power for the next couple of months. Just a taste of any of that is deathly.”
“Shut up and eat a cookie,” Derek said, handing her a Snickerdoodle.
“The cinnamon-sugaryness is taunting me,” Alexis said, staring at the cookie.
Derek laughed and shook his head.

“Oh, I need to sit down,” Theresa laughed, walking toward the chairs.
“Are you okay?” Colin asked, following her.
“Yeah, just a little dizzy that’s all.”
“Do you need anything?”
“Can you help me to the bathroom?”
“Yeah, sure.”
Colin took Theresa’s hand and helped her to the bathroom.
“I’ll wait for you out here,” Colin said, leaning against the lockers.
Theresa stumbled into the bathroom store and got down on her knees above the toilet. She was always used to do this on purpose but this was different. It was like actual sickness from her stomach and not only that but there was pain and cramps.
With a lurch of her body, she threw-up.
“Babe, are you okay?” Colin called from the door.
“Yeah,” Theresa called weakly.
“Do you want me to call Caitlyn?”
“No, no. I’m fine,” Theresa said as she flushed the toilet and opened the stall door, getting tissue paper to wipe her face. She was glad she put her hair up for the dance or it would have been all over her.
“You aren’t feeling well,” Colin said as Theresa walked out of the bathroom. It wasn’t a question, it was a fact.
Theresa sighed. “I know. Can we just… sit here until I’m feeling a little better? I just don’t want to go home.”
“Or you just want to find out if you win the crown or not,” Colin laughed.
“You know me so well.”
The two sat on the ground beside the lockers, Theresa resting her head against Colin’s shoulders.
Theresa loved Colin. He meant the world to her and there were times she regretted that she was cheating on him with Derek but Colin wore a purity ring around his finger meaning he wouldn’t have sex until he gets married. Someone had to fill that void, right?
Theresa shut her eyes, hating herself for what she’s doing.

“Isn’t this a great homecoming, girls?” Ryan asked.
All four of the girls giggled. “Yeah,” they said.
“Weren’t you nominated for Homecoming Princess?” Melanie asked Christina.
“Yeah,” Christina laughed.
“Wait, so that only leaves Theresa and Caitlyn?” Ryan asked.
“It seems as if there’s going to be a catfight over the throne,” Sydney said.
“Who cares about the damn throne,” Amy murmured, sitting on top of Ryan. “May the best bitch win.”

Caitlyn slow danced with Alex but as much as she didn’t want to, she wished Alex was Derek. She felt bad for thinking about it that way but it was true. She didn’t want to think of this as ruining her night but it wasn’t the best Homecoming dance in the world. But there was always prom, right? And that was going to be in a couple months and a lot of things can happen until then.
The music gradually came to an end and the principle got up on stage.
“It’s time to announce the Homecoming King, Queen, Prince, and Princess!” he called and everyone cheered.
“Chosen at the highest number of votes from your fellow students, the Homecoming Prince and Princess of Newport Harbor High School is Colin DuPaul and Theresa Santos!”
Everyone cheered and Mr. Price stretched out his arm toward the door at the very end of the gym where everyone turned toward. There stood Theresa and Colin looking as great as ever.
Caitlyn flipped her blonde hair and clapped, trying to be a good sport but on the inside wondering how Theresa won. She wasn’t even that pretty. As a matter of fact, if it wasn’t for Caitlyn, Theresa would be one of those fat girls sitting at home at the moment eating a gallon of ice cream while watching the Food Channel.
Theresa and Colin went up to the stage to claim their crown.
"And the Homecoming King and Queen goes to... Freddie Marks and Nina Lindal!"
Everyonce cheered as the King and Queen walked up the stage to claim their crowns.
“Thank you so much!” Nina said into the microphone.
“Thank you!” Freddie said into the microphone.
“We love you all!" Colin called.
"Everyone have a great night,” Theresa said with a grim smile.
Everyone cheered once again.
Caitlyn was able to feel pairs of eyes on her, wondering what had happened to the Queen B of Newport Harbor. Was she being replaced by Theresa Santos? Caitlyn held her head up high and smiled at Theresa as she came running toward her with a wide smile on her face.

“It’s getting late,” Derek said, looking at his watch. “I should probably get going.”
“Aw, do you have to?” Alexis asked.
“I can stay longer if you’d like me to,” he said, sitting back down.
“No,” Alexis sighed. “You can go. You probably have work tomorrow, don’t you?”
“Yeah,” Derek grumbled.
“Well, it was nice spending time with you,” Alexis said, standing up. “I think I ate the junk food equivalent to how much I should eat in a year.” She held her stomach and looked at the empty bag of chips, cookies, their third bag of popcorn and soda cans. “I’m going to have to do some intense workouts tomorrow.”
Derek laughed. “Well, I think I’ve watched enough Disney Princess movies to make me never want to watch another movie again.” He gathered the mess he made and stuffed it into the plastic bag.
“I can take that,” Alexis said, taking the garbage from him. “Well, I’ll see you later then.” She opened the door and Derek walked through, standing there and facing her.
“Awkward hug?” Derek asked, opening his arms.
Alexis laughed, walking into his arms and wrapping hers around his body.
When Derek left, Alexis smiled to herself and laid on the couch. She felt something weird at her head and pulled something out from where her head was. It was Derek’s leather jacket. She put his jacket over her and drifted to sleep with a smile on her face.

Theresa woke up the next morning with pain in her body. She quickly got dressed took her keys and before she left the house, grabbed a bag of chips from the pantry. She got into her car and headed for the nearest gas station and as she drove, she stuffed the chips into her mouth.
Theresa got out of the car and went into the gas station, walking down the daily care isle filled with aspirin, chap stick, energy pills, lighters, condoms, and pregnancy tests.
She looked around her to see if anyone was looking and quickly grabbed five slim boxes and rushed to the register, paid, and quickly rushed out of the gas station with her purchase hidden in her jacket.
When she was gone from the parking lot I walked over to a little piece of paper that laid on the ground and bent over to pick it up. I smiled to myself as I read the contents of her purchase.
This bitch was about to get a whole lot fatter than she ever imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drop Dead Bitches: The Homecoming Queen