Status: Start Date: July 1, 2010. Finish Date: N/A

Drop Dead Bitches

The Confession

Chapter 9: The Confession
“I don’t see why we don’t just go to a whole different school,” Ryan said as they walked down the overly packed hallways. Half of the school had been shut down because of the fire meaning that all the students had to be squeezed into once wing of the school and classes were double it’s normal size.
“Maybe because there were no available vacant schools we could transfer to?” Colin said sarcastically.
“Well, maybe we could have kicked some people out of this school! People keep bumping into me.”
“Or you keep bumping into them.”

“So how have you been? You haven’t really been able to talk. You know, aside from the night at the haunted house,” Derek said as he took a seat and set down their drinks.
Alexis took her pumpkin spice latte and took a sip. “I’m doing pretty good. School has me on edge, you know?” she responded with an awkward laugh.
He pretended to choke on his drink. “Alexis Wilson on edge?” he said in shock.
“What’s that supposed to mean?!”
“Everything comes easy for Alexis Wilson!” he said enthusiastically.
“Stop saying my name like that,” she snapped.
He laughed. “I didn’t know you were a Starbucks person.”
“I’m not,” she said and smiled.
Derek looked worried. “Then why didn’t you say anything…?”
She shrugged her shoulders. “I have to let loose once in a while, right?”
“Really?”
She laughed. “No.”
He chuckled and shook his head. “I’m really glad you came with me,” he said, smiling at her.
Alexis smiled back, gazing right into his hypnotizing green eyes that held hers in place. Forcing herself, she looked away. “I love being around you,” she said, still looking away. “But I still want to be friends. Hopefully best friends because I don’t have very many of those. I just feel like I can be a whole different person when I’m with you, the kind very many people don’t expect.
“We’ve gotten so close this year and I don’t want to lose that. All I want is for the both of us to be clear on where we stand.”
“Which is…?” he mumbled.
“Friends.”
He nodded his head.
“I’m sorry.”
“It’s fine,” he smiled. “Like I said before, I’m not going to bother you about it anymore. If that’s what you want then so be it! Friends it is.”

Caitlyn walked up to Theresa’s front door and took a deep breath before knocking on it. She waited until Theresa came to the door, peaking out the window and opening it.
“What’re you doing here?” Theresa asked bitterly.
“I came to talk. I didn’t want to talk about this at school earlier today only because what people would say if you decided to make a scene or something.” Caitlyn looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with Theresa.
“Did you skip cheer practice to come talk to me?”
She looked up, surprised that the hostile tone in Theresa’s voice was gone. “Yeah, why?” she asked, confused.
“You’ve never skipped practice a day in your life.” Guilt was written all over Theresa’s face and body as her face turned red and began cracking her knuckles.
“I wanted to see how my best friend was doing…. Can I come in?”
“I’d rather you not,” Theresa mumbled.
“Theresa, please. We need to talk.”
“Just go,” she said, looking away.
“I miss my best friend. What happened to her? Because one second she’s here and we’re hanging out and talking and laughing like crazy and the next… she’s gone.”
“I’m sorry,” she whispered.
“Is this all really because of Nick? Is that why you hate me?”
“No!” she cried. “Yes…. I don’t know. Caitlyn, just go. Please.”
Caitlyn grew silent and nodded her head. “At least tell me where we stand so I can stop worrying about it.”
“We can’t be friends anymore,” she whispered and bit down on her lip. “I’m sorry.” Her voice quivered as she spoke.
“Your reputation really means that much to you? More than our friendship?” Caitlyn asked in shock. “Bitch.”

“Derek,” Theresa said once he picked up his phone. It sounded as if she had been crying for a while with how exhausted and nasally her voice was.
“Hey, what’s wrong?”
“We have to tell them. I can’t take this anymore. Our time is running out and with each day that goes by, it’s only getting worse. Colin has to hear it from us and the last thing I want is for him to find out on his own from that person who took that picture.” She gulped.
Derek was silent for a moment, thinking about it as he sat at his desk doing his homework which he set aside when Theresa called. “You do know what would happen, right? Colin would probably try to kill me and break up with you, Alexis would destroy you, Caitlyn would hate your guts, and Ryan… well, he probably wouldn’t even care. And don’t even get me started on what people would say….”
“Well, the thing is that Colin and I are already headed down that path after I tried to seduce him, Caitlyn already hates me and Alexis as well. And I think I can survive what the public would say. After all, I did live through the name callings when I struggled with my weight and bulimia.”
“How about me, Theresa? I’ve been working so hard with trying to keep my reputation clean and if people were to find out that I knocked up my best friends girlfriend then how would that look?”
“But aren’t you the good and moral behind all this? You’re the one that should be telling me to come clean, not the other way around.”
He scoffed. “I lost good and moral when I fell into your trap.”
“So what do we do…?”
Derek was silent for a moment, thinking hard about this. They had tried so many things like drinking, miscarriage, and at one point even considered drugs but never have they thought about actually coming clean. “If we do tell, only Colin can know.”
Theresa took in a deep breath. “That’s fine.”

“Are you ready for this?” Derek asked Theresa as Colin’s car rolled up.
“I don’t know,” she mumbled. “But we’re already here so might as well.”
Colin got out of the car and walked toward Theresa and Derek who stood underneath a deep canopy of trees to hide them from the sight or ears of anyone. They had already made sure the forest was clear as well.
“So is there a reason you two dragged me all the way out to Laguna?” he asked, taking off his glasses as he entered the shade.
“Does anyone know you’re here?” Derek asked.
“No. What’s going on?” His eyes flashed to Theresa who had her arms wrapped around her stomach and looked as if she was going to be sick.
“I can tell him,” Derek whispered to Theresa.
“Tell me what?” Colin asked, frustration in his voice.
“I’ll tell him….” She walked toward Colin and wrapped her arms around him.
“What’s wrong, babe?” he asked.
She let go of him and looked him in his eyes. “I love you.”
“I love you too.” He searched her face for something that might give away what she wanted to say but he already had a feeling that twisted his stomach. He took her hands in his and said, “I’m sorry for not giving you what you want but I-”
“Colin, please,” she whispered, squeezing her eyes shut. “It’s not about what happened at Ryan’s party…. It’s about what happened the day of our bonfire.”
“What do you mean…?”
She took a deep breath. “Remember how I got my license suspended at that end of the year party before summer for drinking and driving?”
“Yeah, but I’m not sure where this is going.”
“Just listen. Anyways, I needed a ride to the bonfire and I didn’t want to ask Alexis because her car was already full so my only option was Derek so I called him over to pick me up….”
“What happened?” Colin hissed between his teeth, his eyes on Derek.
“Colin, look at me,” she said, bringing his eyes back to her. “Don’t put any of the blame on Derek. He didn’t do anything wrong. It was all me.”
“Theresa, don’t-”
“Derek, stop,” she said, turning to him. “I got this under control.”
“Got what under control? Theresa, please tell me what happened. Did you… kiss him?” his voice cracked at the end.
She held her head up to the sky, trying to hold the tears back. “This is so much harder than I thought.”
“I love you,” he whispered.
“I’m pregnant,” Theresa said aloud then instantly exploded into tears. “I’m sorry, Colin,” she cried. “I love you and I didn’t mean to but I was just lonely and-”
“You,” Colin sneered, his hands clenched into fists and face livid as his eyes locked on Derek.
“Dude, I’m sorry. It was an accident and we didn’t mean anything to happen!”
Colin paced towards Derek who backed up with his arms up. “Calm down, let me explain!”
“Let you explain how you got my girlfriend pregnant?! I’m going to kill you,” he said with such rage that frightened Derek to the bone.
“Colin, stop!” Theresa cried, getting in between him and Derek. “You have no one else to take this out on but me. It was all my fault and I understand if you never want to speak to me again.”
“Go to hell, Theresa.” He pushed her aside and swung a punch at Derek who leaned back, Colin’s fist just inches from his face. He swung another punch down under, knocking the air out of Derek’s chest then with full force, collided his knee with Derek’s nose creating a sickening crack.
“Colin stop!” Theresa cried but was already too late. Derek lay there on the ground, blood smeared across his face as Colin swung kicks and punches at him. “Damn it, Colin! Stop!” she jumped on Colin‘s back, knocking him off balance and caused him to fall backwards and on top of Theresa. Right when he fell, he heard another sickening crack, one much different than the sound of Derek’s nose breaking. He slowly got off Theresa who just laid there.
“Theresa….” he murmured. “Theresa!” he shook her and her head rolled off to the side, revealing a rock sticking out of the ground and covered in blood.

Well, well, well. What have we here? An unconscious Theresa Santos spotted being rushed to the hospital by Colin DuPaul along with Derek De Luca who held his nose and gut as if he had been beaten up. I smell something fishy and it definitely isn’t Theresa considering that she hasn’t been having lady problems for a while now but by her condition, it seems as if it won’t be long until they return. It looks as if my original plan is coming through but just not the way I expected it. Oh well, as long as the life within Theresa has been lost, I’m happy and everything will be back on track.
Initiating operation: Destroy Theresa Santos. Bye bye, bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Drop Dead Bitches: The Confession.