‹ Prequel: Pansy's Gone!
Sequel: Pansy's Back!?

Gee's Special Microphone

Gee's Special Microphone

One stormy night in New Jersey, Jen and Nicole were hanging out in Nicole’s attic while their older brothers, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, and Frank Iero were out seeing another band. They were both pretty bored, Jen texting on her cell phone, and Nicole paying Mikey’s bass.

“Hey Jen,” Nicole said. “I just had an idea.”

“Oh God,” Jen muttered. Whenever one of the two girls had an idea, it usually ended with them getting in trouble. “What is it?”

“Remember when we hid Pansy?” Nicole asked.

“Of course,” Jen replied. “That was epic.”

“Oh yes. Anyways, do you remember afterwards how I said where Gerard’s special microphone was?” Nicole asked.

“Yeah…” Jen trailed off.

“We should hide it,” Nicole suggested. “It would really freak Gerard out.”

“Why do you wanna freak Gerard out?” Jen asked. “I thought you practically worshipped him.”

Nicole laughed. “I’m kinda mad at him.”

“Why?” Jen asked.

“That asshole refused to loan me ten dollars so I could go see ‘Prince of Persia’ again yesterday,” Nicole grumbled.

“You’ve seen it six times,” Jen pointed out.

“Whatever…” Nicole rolled her eyes. “Anyways, you wanna do it?”

Jen nodded. “I’m in.”

Jen and Nicole went to Gerard’s room and looked around for his special microphone. It was on its stand, where it always was unless it was in use. They took the stand and brought it up to the attic, where they hid it behind a box of Christmas decorations.

“He’s never gonna look up here,” Jen said.

“Oh, hell no,” Nicole agreed. “Anyways, I’m tired. Let’s go to bed.”

The two set up camp in the family room and went to sleep. Around two in the morning, Gerard and Mikey came home. Mikey went immediately to bed, and Gerard soon followed. As he entered his room, he was surprised to see that his special microphone and its stand were gone. Gerard let out a scream.

“What is that?” Jen asked, bolting upright.

Nicole stirred as well. “It sounded like a girl. It must be Gerard.”

The mischievous girls ran to Gerard’s room to see him practically having a meltdown.

“Gee, what’s wrong?” Jen asked, hiding a smile.

“MY MIC IS GONE!” Gerard wailed.

“Did you say ‘gone’?” Nicole asked, smirking a little. This went undetected by Gerard, however.

“It’s gone!” he exclaimed.

“Where did you last see it?” Jen asked.

“It was right here!” Gerard yelled, pointing to an empty spot on the carpet.

“It couldn’t have just gotten up and walked away,” Nicole said.

“Well, obviously,” Gerard said. His eyes grew suspicious. “Wait a minute…did you girls take it?”

“No!” Jen exclaimed with indignation. “We were at the movies. God, Gee, just because we took Pansy that one time doesn’t mean we took your mic.”

Gerard sighed. “I guess we’ll all just have to look for it in the morning.”

With that, everyone went to bed. The next morning, Jen and Nicole woke up around ten, and to their surprise, Gerard was not in the kitchen drinking coffee.

“He’s probably sulking,” Nicole said. Jen and Nicole walked up the hallway to Gerard’s room and stopped outside his door. There were faint muffles emitting from the room.

“I can’t, Mikey, I just can’t,” Gerard was saying. “If I don’t find my special microphone, I can never sing again.”

Jen and Nicole looked at each other and gasped. Gee never sing again?

Jen burst into the room. “I know where it is, Gee!”

Jen began running towards the attic, Nicole following behind her.

“We’re gonna get in so much trouble,” Nicole said.

Jen ignored her and brought the microphone down to Gerard, who was delighted to have it back. Jen told Gerard everything, from coming up with the idea to hide the mic, to lying about its location. Gerard was understandably upset, and Jen and Nicole received lectures again.

“Hey Nicole,” Jen said. “Let’s not come up with anymore brilliant ideas to hide things, okay?”

“Okay,” Nicole nodded. It was already quite obvious that this little pact was going to probably be broken again, and soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written for my amazing co-author and friend, Jenxxxx.