Not So Simple

New Home

Forks, Washigton was a huge change from Waterford. I could already tell that nobody got much privacy around here.

"Da, why did you choose here?" I asked as I unpacked a box of dishes.

My Da, Murtagh, sighed. "I thought it might be nice to get out of the city, relax. Don't you think it's a much safer place for Deaglan to grow up."

As if on cue, a cry arose from the basinet in the corner. I laughed a bit and walked over to it. Inside lay my pride and joy, my son, Deaglan.

"Good morning, sweetie," I said, picking him up. "Are you hungry? Yeah, I know you are." I looked up at my Da. "I'm going up to the nursery to feed him."

"Of course, A Stóirín," Da said. He finished up on the box of silverware and moved to my abandoned box.

I walked up the stairs, cooing to my son. I went down the hall and into the room at the very end, the one with a door connecting to my room. Inside was Deaglan's nursery. This was the very first room Da and I worked on when we got here.

I sat down in the brown glider and pulled my shirt up. Luckily, this time, Deaglan didn't have much trouble latching on. I fed him for fifteen minutes on each breast, pulled my shirt down, and began to burp him.

"C'mon Deaglan," I cooed, patting him on the back. "Burp for your mama." After a few more minutes, Deaglan let out a big burp. "There's a good boy! You wanna go see your Papa?"

I carried Deaglan downstairs and into the kitchen where my Da was.

"Da, once we're done with the kitchen, I'll take Deagan and we'll go to the store. How does that sound?" I asked, placing glasses into cabinets.

"Sounds like a wonderful chance for you to get out and see the town," Dad said, smiling.

Two hours later, I had Deaglan in his carseat in the back of my Truck.

It's time to see our new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Not much has happened yet, but it will.

A Stóirín= Gaelic for 'My Little Darling'

Caoimhe's room
Kitchen
Living Room