Not So Simple

First Day

The next morning, I did nothing but fret and worry. Did Deaglan have enough milk in the freazer? Were his teathing toys ready? Did he have enough diapers? Did I have my registration papers? Pencils? Papers? My books?

Da found it quite amusing. He called me mother hen.

"Alright, Caoimhe, if you don't leave now, you'll be late," Da said, leading me toward the door.

"Fine, fine," I grumbled. "Remember, he needs his naps, and keep at least one teathing toy in the freezer at all times."

"I know, darling, I've raised three children before!" Da said, laughing.

"Ok, Deaglan, Mommy has to go now," I said, hugging him and giving him a kiss. "I'll be back soon." I backed away, and a look of confusion flashed across his face, followed by sadness. He started crying and yelling for me. I turned and walked quickly to my car, tears in my eyes. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought.

I pulled into the school parking lot, and quickly found a space. I walked into the front office and up to the front desk.

"Hello, dear, you must be C-caoi-"

"Caoimhe Mahony," I corrected her.

"Right. I have your papers right here." She pulled out a stack of papers and handed them too me. "Here is a map of the school, your schedual, and your locker number and combination. And you need to have all your teachers sign this and bring it back to me at the end of the day. Have a nice day, and good luck!"

I nodded and exited the office. It was awful chilly out, so I zipped up my hoodie. I was walking around, trying to find my classes, when I heard a voice calling my name.

"Caoimhe!" I turned and saw Alice waving at me from under a tree, where she was standing with her family. I waved back and walked toward them. Alice hugged me, saying, "Hey girl! What's up?"

"Not much, just trying to figure this place out." I looked around, and noticed that almost everyone in the yard was straing at us. "What's up with all the staring?"

"That's just everyone trying to figure out the new chick," one of the girls I recognized as Bella, said. "Been there, done that. It goes away eventually."

"Wonderful," I muttered. I looked up and saw Jasper looking at me. He smiled and I quickly looked away.

"Is that you're schedual? Let me see!" Alice grabbed it out of my hands and studied it. "Ooh! You have most of your classes with me, Jasper, and Emmett. And one with Emmett, and another with Bella and Edward! How cool! That way you won't ever be alone."

"So, where's Deaglan?" Rosalie asked. I looked down.

"He's staying with my Da while I'm in school," I said sadly.

"Have you ever been away from him this long?" Jasper asked, seeming to catch my mood. It was the first time I had ever heard him talk. He had such a smooth, comforting voice. I caught Edward smiling out of the corner of my eyes.

"No. I've been doing home schooling since he was born. It's pretty hard already."

"The day will be over before you know it," Jasper said. I smiled at him.

A few moments later, the bell rang. My first class, mythology, was with Alice and Emmett. I followed them to the classroom, listening to Alice go on about how fun it would be to go shopping together. Emmett caught my eye and rolled his, making me giggle. Maybe today wouldn't be all that bad.

When we walked into class, everyone turned and stared.

"Can you say awkward," I muttered under my breath. Emmett and Alice laughed.

"Ah, you must be Caoimhe," the teacher said. "I'm Mr. Hawk. Class, this is our new student, Caoimhe Mahony. Not only is she new to Forks, but she's new to America, so I expect you to be extra helpful. Caoimhe, would you please state where you're from, and two things about you."

"Alright, I'm Caoimhe, but most people call me Keevie. I love fashion and art," I said.

"Does the class have any questions?" Mr. Hawk asked. Two kids raised their hands. "Christine, then Mike."

Christine was a brunette with shocking blue eyes. "Is it true you have a kid?" she asked obnoxiously. The class went quite.

"Now Christine, that's not a very oppro-"

"It's okay, Mr. Hawk. Actually, I do. I have a six-month-old little boy named Deaglan, and he's the most important thing to me in the world." I stated simply. Quite a few people looked shocked.

"Ok, then. Mike."

Mike was a blond haired, blue eyed boy, with a boyish face. "Are you single?" he asked, making everyone laugh.

"Yes I am," I said, smiling.

"Well, where's your baby daddy?" Christine demanded.

"Back in Ireland, where's yours?" I asked innocently, Christine turned red.

"That's quite enough," Mr. Hawk said hurriedly. "Caoimhe, please take a seat between Emmett and Alice.

As I sat down, I got a high five from a grinning Emmett. "I knew I like you!" he said excitedly.

"I so knew you were into fashion from the moment I saw you! Your outfits are a dead give away!" Alice gushed. For the rest of the lesson, we talked out clothes and fashion. Emmett looked completely bored.

My next class was psychology, which was one of my favorite subjects. I walked into class and spotted Jasper sitting in the back. I smiled and walked over to his table.

"This seat taken?" I asked. He smiled and moved his books over, and I sat down.

"So, how are you?" he asked politely as I pulled my books out of my bag.

"Good, and you?"

"Good."

We made small talk until the bell rang. Once again, the teacher made me stand up and introduce myself. The lesson for today was about eating disorders. I listened to the lesson and talked to Jasper the entire time. We talked about hobbies, music, and sports.

The bell rang and we stood up to leave.

"What's your next class?" Jasper asked as we exited the building.

"Um," I said checking my schedule. "Trig."

"Me too," he said.

"Then I guess I don't have to find my way on my own. Lucky me."

My next class wasn't far from my last and we got there quick. This time, I recognized quite a few people, including that boy Mike. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he rushed over.

"Hey Caoimhe!" He said cheerily. I forced a smile.

"Hi, Mike," I replied, trying to walk past him. He only stepped in front of me again. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to next to me during class."

"Actually, Mike, I'm gonna sit with Jasper." I looked at him and shrugged.

"Oh....um.....that's cool. I guess I'll talk to you later then." He turned and went back to his seat, looking rejected.

"You could have sat with him, you know," Jasper said in an under-tone as we sat down in the back.

"Oh I know, but I really didn't want to," I said causually. Jasper chuckled.

"Can't say I blame you. The guy has this creepy obsession with new girls. He still won't leave Bella alone."

"Great! Even after he finds out I have a son at home, he won't back off?" The last thing I needed was some creep trying to get in my pants. "I guess guys in America aren't quite like the ones back home."

"Not all of us are that bad." Jasper spoke quietly, as the teacher had just begun the lesson.

"Well, not all of you are. You, Edward, and Emmett are pretty nice, as far as I can tell. But how many guys are willing tobe with a chick with a kid that isn't their's?" I whispered.

Jasper looked at me with those burning topaz eyes, and said, "Me."

My breath hitched. "Well..um... like you said, not all guys are that bad." Was he trying to hint at something, or was he just trying to prove that there are some good guys out there.

For the rest of the lesson, I tried to concintrate on what the teacher was saying, but it was impossible. I was either worrying about Deaglan, or thinking about how close Jasper was.

The next thing I knew, Jasper was telling me class was over. Before I could even stand up, Mike was in front of me, as smiley as ever.

"Hey, Caoimhe, I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me and my friends, since you don't really know anybody yet," he said, glaring at Jasper, who just smirked and continued putting his things into his bag.

I groaned inwardly. Jasper was right, this boy couldn't take a hint.

"I'm going to sit with Jasper and the Cullens," I said flatly, shoving my books into my bag.

"Jasper's a little posessive, don't you think?"

I froze and looked up at him, glaring. "No, Mike, I don't. It's my own choice, thanks. The Cullens are my friends."

"Then, do you want to grab a bite to eat after school?"

I threw my hands up in frustration. "Don't you get it?" I demanded angrily. "Let me put this as simply as I can. I'm not interested in you! Not as a boyfriend, not as a friend, not as anything! Now, if you don't mind, I'm hungry!"

I turned around and stormed off, Jasper easily keaping up with me.

"Well, then, remind me not to piss you off," he said laughing.

"Yeah, you should have seen me in labor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while!
Hopefully this makes up for it!!!!!
I love you all