Not So Simple

Study Session

Over the next week, I grew closer and closer to Alice, Bella, and Rosalie. We soon became close friends, and Edward, Emmett, Jasper, and Raoul were my best guy friends. Also, it became a bit easier to leave Deaglan at home with my Da. But the biggest change was my relationship with Jasper.

At first, he was a bit distant for some reason. Eventually, he warmed up and we became inseparable. He would come over and help me with my studies, and we would play with Deaglan. That was my favorite part. Deaglan loved playing with Jasper. As soon as we would walk in the door and he saw him, Deaglan's face would light up and he would scream.

I knew it was happening. It was happening sooner and faster than I was ready for. I was falling for Jasper. He was funny, sweet, understanding, and he was amazing with Deaglan. I loved talking to him, and just being around him. He made me laugh and smile at the simplest things. It was almost like what happened with Riley, but different. It was better. I was falling for him, and it scared the crap out of me. I can't just bring a guy into my son's life, who he loves, and if it doesn't work out, and he leaves, how can I explain that to him?

When I decided to confide in Alice what I was feeling, and it was almost like she was expecting it, and already knew what I felt.

"I knew it!" she squealed, tackling me in a hug. "I so knew it! And he likes you too!"

"Don't joke around like that, Alice," I said, rolling my eyes and slamming my locker door shut. It was after school and just about everyone was gone. "A guy like him would never be into a girl like me! He's so kind, and sweet, and gentlemanly. And I'm the screw up that got knocked up!"

"Don't talk like that, Keevie! You're like, Super Girl! You take care of a baby, run a house, cook, go to school, and still have time for friends. None of us have any idea how you manage." Alice looked at me sternly. "Any guy would be lucky to have you. Especially if his name is Jasper Cullen."

"You may think that, but it's damn near impossible to date when you're seventeen and have a kid. No guy my age understands that Deaglan and I are a package deal. They think they can have me and not have to deal with Deaglan."

"And that's why you have to date Jasper! You've seen the way he acts with Deaglan! It's like he's his daddy." My eyes teared up at this. I've always wanted to give Deaglan a daddy. All Riley is is the sperm donor. I looked away and wiped my eyes. Alice wrapped her arms around me. "I know you're afraid of getting hurt and hurting Deaglan, but that won't happen."

"How can you know that?" I demanded.

"Just trust me, Keevie. It's almost like a sixth sense. I know these things, and I can tell you right now, you and Jasper are meant to be."

I just shook my head. "I need to get home to Deaglan."

"Isn't Jasper coming over to help you 'study'?" Alice said, waggling her eyebrows. I blushed.

"So? It's no different from any of our other study sessions. And if you say a word of this to anyone I will kill you." Alice gave me her most innocent look. I just shook my head and walked away. "Text me later!"

When I got home, I was met by a squealing little boy with his arms raised up to me. I picked my son up and twirled him around. "Hello my baby boy! Were you good for Granda today?"

"He was an angel," Da said from the kitchen. "I'm making stew for dinner."

"Smells amazing. Do you mind if Jasper comes over to help me study?" I asked, bouncing Deaglan on my hip.

"Not at all. You sure do spend a lot of time with him. Is there something going on that I should know about?" Da raised his eyebrow questioningly.

"Da! He is just a friend!"

"Hm, shame. He's a very nice young man. Good manners, very smart, comes from a good family. Not to mention the fact that he's great with Deaglan." My cheeks burned. What is with everyone today? Is my love life -or lack-there-of- all anyone ever thinks about?

"Da! Really? I'm not really concentrating on boys much these days. I need to focus on Deaglan and school," I said sternly.

"Alright, alright, no need to get snippy. I just want you to be happy." Da came over and kissed me on the forehead.

"I know. And I am. Everything is going wonderfully." Just then, the doorbell rang. "That must be Jasper!" I walked to the front door, Deaglan still on my hip. I opened the door to see Jasper standing there, looking gorgeously casual in jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows.

"Hello, madame," he said with a deep bow.

"Good afternoon, kind sir," I giggled, attempting to curtsy, which is not easy with a squirmy six-month-old on your hip. He was leaning toward Jasper with his arms out.

"Hey little guy!" He said, lifting Deaglan into the air and catching him. "How's my little man?" Deaglan giggled and cooed happily. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. If only.

"Come on in. My books are in the living room." We walked into the house and sat down in the living room. Jasper put Deaglan down on his blanket on the floor where his toys were.

"So, what are we studying today?" he asked, flashing me one of those smiles that make my heart flutter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! I'm doing good! What do you guys think?