Status: Somewhat active! :)

Not That Far From A Star

Forever Grateful

After a long day of work, I sit here in this coffee shop with my carmel espresso wondering where life has gone. I stare up at the t.v. watching how much this world is becoming more and more chaotic everyday. It's pathetic really. I look around to notice nobody is in here but me and the two servers, Mike and Josh, sitting down the bar from me playing cards, gambling loose change from their shifts. I take a quick glance at the clock on the wall as I sip my warm refreshment as I hear the door open, listening to the cars zoom by quickly. There's a thud next to me as the man sits down beside me which causes me to jump. It takes him a while to get focued to sit up straight but he ends up swaying back and forth.

I glance towards him as he groans distaughtly while laying his forehead atop of the bar. I yell to one of the common servers I knew from my daily visits. "Hey, Mike! Can I get a coffee down here for this guy?" Mike quirks his eyebrow and nods to retrieve the order. I glance back to the man to see him looking at me with question in his eyes.

"Are you alright?" I ask trying to hide my nervousness. I'm not use to talking to strangers, especially the most attractive kind. He looks into my eyes and nods slowly. "I ordered you a coffe, thought you might need it. But then you don't have to drink it considering I don't even know if you like coffee..."

"Thank you." He says cutting me off in the most deep, angelic voice I've ever heard in my life.

I stutter slowly with a quiet 'sure'. I look back to my coffee as Mike brings the one I just oredered for the man next to me. The stranger takes it as Mike hands it to him and goes back to his game of cards. I stare into my coffee as if I could find an answer from the swirling shades of brown where the sudden courage came from. Why I feel so uplifted right now? Like, I have no negative emotion holding me back, but that shouldn't be happening. Why am I feeling this way?

I look over to the gorgeous man before me, sipping on the straight black coffee I ordered him. He catches me staring and glances at the corner of his eye looking at me. I turn beat red as I feel my skin rise in temperature from the embarrassment and quickly turn away from his view. I sit there a few minutes making sure it's safe to move when I know he'll look when I do. I finally take a deep breath and decide.

I sigh as I throw the money down for my drink and the strangers. "Later Mike, see you 'round." I say as I hop off of the bar stool, striding to the door. "Later, Lea!" I hear as a farewell from Mike like always. I wave my hand to say my final goodbye for the night and show that I heard his reply.

As I walk outside, I lean against the window and light me a cigarette to possibly calm my nerves or maybe even claim the emotions I'd lost in there. I rise the cancer stick to my mouth and suck in the contaminated air and down in my lungs. I breath out the smoke through my nose to keep as much of the nicotine inside my lungs. I hit the side of the cigerette to shed the burnt ashes to the ground. I lean my head against the building, looking up into the ngiht sky thinking, wondering. Watching as the stars twinkle with delight, but of course they can? They're millions and millions of miles away from this planet of destruction. This planet of pure chaos. I close my eyes and take in a long breath to escape the thought.

I bring my head straight again while bring the cigerette back to my lips for another puff. I inhale the smoke as I open my eyes to the sight of the stranger. I widen my eyes for a moment choking on the extra air inhaled from the sudden suprise. I cough uncontrollably, strangled. He takes notice of what he caused and takes action of asking the dumbest question.

"Are you alright? Didn't mean to startle you." As I catch my breath and keep steady breathing, I roll my eyes at his question. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little breathing techniques I'm working on." I say with an annoyed tone to my voice. How could you be so stupid as to ask me if I'm alright? Of course I'm not alright! I was coughing a lung up!

"I'm sorry, I just thought I would catch you before you left. I wanted to repay you for the drink." He answered casually reaching for his wallet in I'm presuming his left back pocket. I reach for his hand as he reaches. "No, no. It's fine. Nothing I didn't have undercontrol. Just as long as your alright? You seemed a little dizzy in there." I say questionably.

He looks in my eyes for what seems like forever until I feel a burning sensation between my pointer finger and my middle finger. "Shit." I say aggitated at my stupidity, forgeting about the lit stick between my fingers. I dropped it quickly, kissing the sides of my finger trying to make the pain go away. I look back up to the stranger as he grabs for my hand and kisses the burnt skin on my fingers.

What a strange man. He's rather handsome just not what to be expected of. The first thing you notice of him are his gorgeous hazel-tinted eyes that compliment his facial features and his auburn brown hair that slightly hides his eyes making them even more mysterious.

As I swallow down the knot stuck in my throat as he lets go of my hand, I reach for another one of my cancer sticks but my hand is blocked by a warm one. "Are you sure you need another one of those?" The stranger asks gently but I could hear the sarcasm behind his smirk, which brought my smile up automatically. His smile made his face even more sensual, like an angels. The perfect angles, perfect sharpness, perfect fullness, and perfect tone. It's so unbelieveable to think I got so lucky.

He removes his hand as I drop my hand away from my purse. "I guess not." I answer as my reply but using the same amouther of sarcasm he did. Trying to flirt was something I'd never even thought of being able to do. Obviouslly it showed after I felt the feeling of failure on fliriting creep upon me.

I stare back into those eyes and feel warmth over come me with his smirk shining brightly, but I see sadness and guilt behind it all for some reason. The glint in his eyes proves he masks his emotions, just as I do. I would notice it anywhere. Why would a man such as him have such emotions to hide? He seems almost too perfect and yet, someone like me, notices a flaw behind it all. It doesn't make sense.

I raise my hand up to shake hands with the stranger but all he does is stare down at my hand confusing, like he's never shook hands before. That's a little weird. I sigh and bring my hand down by my side and look away a little caught off guard of his movements. "The names Lea." I say in a annoyed tone from being totally confused on this guy. I can usually read people like a book, but him, I just get the hiding, his masking.

I wait for a reply but never hearing it so I glance back at his face. Suprisingly, he's smiling again which unfortunately for me, brings mine back out even when I'm in the worst mood. "Andy." He finally responds with more confidence than he had a few moments ago. I nod patiently, not knowing what else to say after the intorductions. I've never met anyone like him and I'm sure he's never had to deal with someone like me so it sort of becomes awkward. As the awkward tension rises, I decide to play a little game to maybe get this guy out of his shell, and hell, it might get me out of mine as well. As I stare at him, making my decision, he's smirking as if he's taunting me, daring me even to play this game with him. As if he knows.

"I'll see you around, Andy." i say flirtatiously, trying to be as seductive as possible and failing, again. I stood on my tiptoes as I brought my hands to his cheeks. I rubbed my thumbs over his cheek bones softly, feeling the warm skin under my thumbs. I look into his eyes before I slowly kiss his cheek, letting my lips linger there a few moments. I turn and walk away with excitement of what I just did. I can't believe I did that! It's like this new rush of confidence that striked me. I have no clue where it came from.

I take a few deep breaths to try and calm down from the sudden adrenaline rush. I try to sink back into my thoughts while walking away. I wonder why I got so cocky around him? Thats not usually like me but to late to change it now. It's not like I'll ever see him again. Just had a good thing on a bad day.

I heard footsteps behind me with my name being shouted. I turn and see Andy, the complete stranger I just kissed on the cheek, sprinting towards me. Once he reached me, I'm guessing his destination, he stood and leaned over with his hands on his knee's breathing heavily. After a while he caught on to his breathing and asked me a question I wasn't expecing: "Will I ever see you again?"

I quirked my eyebrows as he smiled the cutest smile I'd ever witnessed on a man. I didn't understand why a random guy, an attrative one at that, was asking to see me, me! Of all people! I breathed in deeply and asked stuttering of course. "Do - do you want too?" He nodded his head like a little kid that just won a trophy or something. I nodded once, not sure of what was actually going on.

I took one of my pens out of my purse, licked the tip like I did all the time as I grabbed his hand but he quickly flinched a little at my touch. I think he noticed I did as well, but mine was from the little shock i recieved from his touch. That was just a tad weird.

I wrote my name and number on his hand, then clicked my pen. I looked up into his eyes since he overruled my 5'11 with atleast his 6'5. "There." I said sincerely, as if I accomplished something. "In case you want to see me again." I smiled at my confidence and to end it off, I winked which made him blush a small tint of red that I couldn't believe made him even more gorgeous!

Hopefully he didn't notice mine as well. He looked at his hand and smiled. "Alright, Lea Saint. I'll see you around?" This wonderful cute guy smiled with an evil grin plastered to his face and as fast as he was, it caught me off guard. I felt his soft lips on my cheek before running off. I was in a daze with a deeper shade of red to my cheeks and they were on fire.

"Oh! The names Andy Lipshaw by the way!" He yelled from afar. I giggled at the goofy guy I had just met. What I didn't know is that I was meeting the one and only true hero I will forever be grateful too.
♠ ♠ ♠
CMNT! RATE! MESSAGE! SOMETHING! <333
Thnxxx!