Let the Walls Break Down

Our Love Is Still Strong

I walked around for a while thinking about everything that’s going on. I’m so confused about Alex and Josh but I don’t know why. Josh doesn’t love me or care about me anymore so why am I even still thinking about him?maybe it’s because I’m still in love with him.

My feet carried me away from the reception room where I previously was and I walked all around the church. I eventually came to the chapel where Ky and Todd are going to be married! I sat down on the stage and pulled my knees up to my chest and laid my head down on them. A few tears were begging to be let out and I eventually gave in as I thought of the song Lonely September by the Plain White Tee’s, “So now I’m here sitting all by myself just trying to think of something to do. Trying to think of something, anything just to keep me from thinking of you. But you know it’s not working out cause your all that’s on my mind. One thought of you is all it takes to leave the rest of the world behind”

A few minutes later I heard someone walking in. I slowly lifted my head to meet the caramel eyes of him.

“What are you doing here?” I coldly asked.

“I want to talk to you,” he nervously replied as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Well I don’t want to talk to you,” I said as I looked at the ground.

“Why not?” He asked getting a little irritated.

“Because you made my life miserable,” I shot back.

”How?” he shot right back at me.

”You broke my heart that’s how!” I threw at him as silent tears poured from my eyes.

He stood there motionless for a few seconds that seemed more like hours. Eventually he raised his gaze from his feet to my eyes.

“All I have to say is that I’m sorry. I made the worst mistake of my life when I didn’t call you. I know that as long as I’m living I will regret that and I understand if you can’t forgive me….” He trailed off waiting for me to say something to him but I just couldn’t get anything out.

“Kirstie it killed me when you left because I care so much about you but I’m sorry for the way I responded, you were right, it was selfish. I would take back everything I said if I could, but I can’t. I know I hurt you and I’m so sorry. You’re the best thing that ever happened to me and I just want you to know that I love you, I love you more than you know,” Josh genuinely stated as he sighed and started to walk away.

“Josh?” I called out right as he was about to the door. He turned around and looked at me with a blank face.

”I love you too,” I softly said. Josh’s face lit up when I said those four little words and he smiled bigger than I’ve ever seen before. He held his arms open so I stood up and ran into them as he engulfed me in the biggest, warmest, most comforting hug I’ve ever had in my life.

“So would you be willing to give me another chance and be my girlfriend again?” He softly asked. I couldn’t get any words out I was so happy so I just held him tighter and nodded my head fiercely.

Josh loosened his grip on me and stared into my eyes as we both smiled. He connected our lips and we shared the most beautiful, passionate, and mind blowing kiss I’ve ever had. We pulled away both breathless and smiling.

He held me tightly against his chest and I nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck and rested my head there. Josh removed one of his hands from around my waist to gently stroke my hair.

“I love you Kirsten,” He softly whispered into my ear.

“I love you Joshie,” I smiled.

“I missed hearing that,” Josh smiled as he looked down at me.

“You’re my Joshie,” I giggled as I left a small kiss on his lips.

“And you’re my Kirstie,” He lovingly said as he left a bigger kiss on my lips. Then if on cue in walks….Alex. CRAP! I completely forgot about him! Why’d he have to walk in now!

“What’s going on?” Alex sternly asked as both Josh and my head spun towards him.

“…Alex, I love Josh,” I stated not knowing how else to put it.

He stood there staring at us in each other’s arms and he looked mad for a moment but then his look softened up.

“Okay Kirstie. If that’s who you love then that’s who you love,” he shrugged disappointedly as I let go of Josh. I was actually surprised at the way he reacted.

“I’m sorry Alex. I really do like you it’s just, I love Josh,” I said as I walked over to him.

“It’s okay, I understand. I think since both of us had recently broken up with someone we were kind of just looking for someone else,” He stated.

“Yeah I think so too,” I said softly.

“Besides were too much alike to make a good couple,” he laughed.

“I think we’d be better as friends,” I laughed with him.

“I’d love to stay friends,” he said as we shared a small hug.

My JoshieI love saying that then walked over and apologized to Alex for how he acted earlier.

“It’s okay dude I understand. You have a great girlfriend,” Alex smiled as they shook hands. My cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as Josh wrapped his arm around me and said “I know. It just unfortunately took her to go to Europe for me to realize how much I need her.”

Alex walked out of the room leaving Josh and I alone. I couldn’t believe that Josh and I were finally back together. After the reality hit me I started jumping up and down and squealing.

“Have you had Red Bull today?” Josh asked.

“Well yes, but I’m just so happy were back together,” I smiled as I left a big kiss on his lips.

”I have to go tell Kylee!” I excitedly said as I ran toward the reception hall where there was still a bunch of people talking.

”KYLEE!!!!!” I screamed as I ran over to her.

“What?” She asked as her gaze shifted from Todd who has his arms around her to me.

”JOSH AND I ARE BACK TOGETHER!” I squealed as I clapped my hands together.

“Aw that’s awesome!” She smiled as she gave me a hug but went on to say “Where is the little cutie then?”

“What? You think he’s cute?” Todd said pretending to be offended.

“Not cuter than you,” Ky said as she pecked his lips.

“She’s lying. She can’t resist Josh’s good looks,” I said as I felt two tattooed arms wrap around my waist from behind and a pair of old familiar lips make contact with my neck.

“Aw aren’t you guys cute. I’m so glad you guys are back together,” Kylee cooed.

“Yeah me too because now I won’t have to see Kirstie as much,” Todd snickered.

“Shut up Todd and just go back to your Kylee world,” I rolled my eyes.

“Boy nothing has changed between you two since I last saw you guys together,” Josh laughed at Todd and me.

“Yeah I don’t think they’ll ever stop teasing each other,” Kylee said.

“That’s because it’s not possible,” Todd stated.

“Yeah Todd’s just too easy to make fun of,” I laughed.

“Well Kirstie you found your Nemo,” Ky giggled.

“And I found my Dory,” Josh lowly said but then added “And I’m never going to lose you again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Now did you guys seriously think that I would get rid of Josh? Haha that would be no, I couldn’t ditch Joshie!!!!!

Kirstie, Alex, and the cutest guy in the world -lol