Let the Walls Break Down

Now I’m Trying To Make Sense Of What Little Remains

I woke up one morning to someone softly kissing my cheek. My dark brown eyes met the loving gaze of the unfamiliar Josh Grant. He smiled at me and rested his hand on my cheek where he had just kissed.

“Good morning beautiful,” he said.

“Um how did you get in here?” I asked as I sat up.

“I have a key, you gave it to me. Sometimes if we’re going to do something together or I wanted to come see you in the morning that’s how I always wake you up….I thought it might help you remember,” Josh sighed.

“Oh,” I quietly said before a silence fell upon us.

“Well you know what we’re going to do today?” He asked.

“Um no…” I trailed off.

“We’re going to get your memory back,” he smiled brightly with a hint of cockiness in his voice as he told me to go get dressed.

After I did he led me out to his truck and I have to admit it was a little awkward. He kept smiling at me and it was obvious he loved me, but to me, Josh Grant was a perfect stranger that I was supposed to know but I just didn’t.

We pulled up to a dirt bike track and Josh unloaded his bike and soon got changed into his gear. He told me to sit on top of this one jump that apparently according to Josh I always sat on when I came to watch and take pictures. So I did as he said as he raced around and after a while he rode by and held up a finger telling me to make sure to watch him.

He sped off the jump and pulled an amazing whip and looked backwards before riding over to me and dismounting his bike.

“Help any?” he asked as I sadly shook my head no.

“That one was always your favorite, when I would look backwards at you,” He quietly said as he looked off in the distance.

I looked up at him, standing in his gear minus his helmet; arms crossed in front of his chest, hair messy, and a sad look on his face.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer as a few tears spilled out and down my cheeks. Josh looked down at me and his eyes quickly softened. He sat down behind me and pulled me so my back was up against his chest and my head comfortably resting right where his collar bone is.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” he gently asked as he stroked my hair but the tears still fell in a steady stream.

“I just want to remember so badly and I can’t. Everyone’s trying so hard but it doesn’t do any good. I just wish I could remember….I want to remember you so badly,” I balled.

“Aw baby, shhh, it’s okay. It’ll come back don’t worry. I want you to remember me too because I love you so much but it’s going to come back and I’m going to be there when it does, no matter if it’s next week or next year,” He reassured me as he held me tighter.

“Tell me about what I can’t remember,” I asked as my tears slowed and I gently rested my hands on top of his arms that were wrapped around my waist.

“Okay…once upon a time,” he started as a small smile broke out on my face.

“once upon a time there was a man who raced an iron pony who hailed from Riverside,” he went on making me laugh a little.

“…and he fell in love with a beautiful photographer from Malibu. He was too shy to tell the beautiful woman how he felt until one day when he tried to kiss her but she ran away because she was nervous. The man tried to find his love and babbled on trying to apologize but the girl told him she loved him too,” Josh told me as I searched my memory trying to find this story that I played a part in.

“They were in love for a long time until the beautiful girl told him she was leaving on a grand adventure to Europe and the man reacted horribly and they broke up. Well this man was broken hearted for months but he was too afraid and nervous to talk to her so he watched as she went on to date another man in an attempt to get over the man who hurt her,” He said as a different look came over his eyes.

“But he finally worked up the courage to go apologize to her and tell her that he still was deeply in love with her. Well this girl being the amazing person she is, still loved him and took him back. The beautiful woman’s best friend Kylee then got married to her prince charming. A few months later the man talked the beautiful woman into racing her iron pony and she did it for him but she crashed and her memories were stolen away from her,” Josh said bringing me up to date.

“And this woman was the most beautiful girl the man had ever seen. He thought she was the most beautiful woman in the entire world and believed that with his whole heart. She held his heart in her hands but she never hurt it, she only gave it love. Her smile lit up a room. Her giggle always made her boyfriend smile and want to kiss her. She had the most beautifully energetic spirit he had ever seen. This girl added so much to this man’s life and he could never repay her for that. That boy loves that wonderful girl an awful lot,” Josh sighed as I saw a tear slip down his cheek.

“From what it sounds like to me that girl loves that boy an awful lot too,” I said to him as I wiped his stray tear away but his eyes were still glossy.

They say bad things happen for a reason. But no wise words are gonna stop the bleeding.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAH I read that comment from coolkid, it said ‘haha Todd’s a homeless guy!’ that made me bust out laughing! Thanks coolkid for making me laugh!

Josh and Kirstie

haha we finished writing the story today and i'm working on what will be the third chapter of the sequel HAHA :D