Let the Walls Break Down

Dr.Phil

I let out a loud groan trying to get my computer to work. I yelled at it a few times before I just started whacking random buttons.

“Wow A.D.H.D. much?” I hear a guy laugh.

“Actually I am,” I smiled up at him.

“Shocking…” he trailed off with a smile as I laughed.

I saw Josh standing in his riding gear with a few of his other buddies in their gear looking down at me. I had been chilling at Josh’s house all day because it was so hot and I don’t have air-conditioning or a pool and Josh has both so I was sitting outside with my feet in the pool while trying to get my computer to work. Josh had a couple of his buddies over to his house to ride and they were riding the entire time so I hadn’t got a chance to meet them until now….when I was murdering my computer.

Josh introduced me to Chad Reed, Justin Brayton, Wil Hahn….and Kevin Windham. I shook all of their hands as he introduced me them but when he came to K-Dub I started freaking out.

“Oh my gosh. Mr.Windham I just have to say you rock! you’re so awesome!” I squealed.

“Oh no,” Josh groaned as everyone there laughed.

“Should Kevin be scared?” Justin joked.

“Kevin’s pretty much her hero,” Josh snickered.

“Well then I think I’ll like your girlfriend then,” Kevin teased.

“You’re just so freakin’ cool!” I said excitedly. “I remember watching you as a kid and you were always my favorite and it’s just awesome getting to watch you now too!” I smiled

“Yeah but now she’s got a new favorite rider,” Josh cockily joked while the guys chuckled.

“Says who?” I teased as I put my hands on my hips and the guys busted out laughing.

“Oh dude, you got rejected by your own girlfriend,” Wil laughed.

“Shut up Wilbur,” Josh shot back with a hint of a smile.

“Aw Josh you’re my favorite by default and Kevin’s my all-time favorite,” I snickered.

“Oh cause that makes me feel so much better,” He rolled his caramel eyes.

“Just go back to riding,” I joked.

I talked with the guys for a little bit before all of our attention was focused on Todd Potter who was stomping out to the backyard.

“Hey grumpy gills what’s wrong?” I asked as I looked over at him.

All of us were sitting around the pool but Todd just blew past us but then turned around to yell at me.

Shut up Kirsten I don’t need your stupid comments right now!” he shouted at me.

“Todd stop yelling at me and tell me what’s wrong,” I said frustrated with him.

“Ky’s mad at me because I have to leave for a demo,” He loudly sighed.

“How long are you going to be gone?” I asked having my conversation with him ignoring everyone else.

“Three weeks,” he sighed more quietly.

“Well duh she’s gonna be mad!” Josh piped in “She’s due in two and a half weeks.”

“Dude your wife’s having a baby in two and a half weeks and you’re not going to be there?” Kevin asked as he raised his eyebrows.

“Well that’s a good idea,” Chad snickered sarcastically as he shook his head.

“Todd you’re an idiot,” I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

”WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO? He yelled at me.

“Uh maybe stick up to your sponsers and be there for your wife like you said you’d be when you married her!” I retaliated and it sure shut him up quick.

“She’s so mad at me,” he quietly said as he looked the other way.

I got up and wrapped my arms around him in a hug and it took him a few minutes but he eventually put his arms back around me.

“Todd if you need a place to stay I have an empty room,” I said to him as he slowly nodded his head. He then slowly walked back out to his truck and I said I’d meet him out there in a minute.

“Well it was nice meeting you guys,” I smiled at all the guys as they said the same back.

“Hey I’ll call you tonight okay,” Josh whispered into my ear as he left a kiss on my lips after I nodded my head and started to walk away.

“Don’t you want to take your computer?” I hear an Australian accent say.

“Don’t make me mad,” I snickered as I walked out the door.

That night Todd was sleeping in Ky’s old room and I was walking past his closed door and I heard a strange sound. I stopped to listen closer and it was…crying. Todd Potter was crying Aw the poor guy. At that moment my heart just went out to him. I knew Ky was just as bad, or that’s the way she sounded when I called her earlier today. Kylee and Todd are two of my best friends in the world and it breaks my heart seeing them like this, I hate it. I’m just trying to be there for both of themwhich is easier said than done.

“Thanks for letting me stay at your house,” Todd said with his eyes glued to the floor once we were in the airport where he had to get on his plane a few days later.

“Yeah no problem Todd,” I weakly smiled at him.

He pulled me into a big Toddie Bear hug and as I was about to separate from him he whispered into my ear, “Take care of Ky.” Then he walked onto his plane never looking back at me.

“I shouldn’t have to…” I sighed letting the mumbles of the crowds around me carry off my comment.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha i can't believe were almost done with this story!!!!

WOOT! i get to go the race in Washougal this saturday, the 24th then that next wednesday the 28th were leaving for X GAMES!!! AAHHHH i'm so excited!

JG, Kirstie, and Todd