Let the Walls Break Down

Crazy, ADHD, Red Bull-ness

The day has come… I must move out of Kirstie and I’s house. On the outside, I was really excited. It shows that Todd and I are moving forward in our relationship. But… I’m leaving Kirstie. I’ve lived with the girl ever since we’ve moved out here. And now… I’m moving out.

I slowly packed up all of my clothes while Kirstie worked on my shelving. Todd came in and out, taking boxes out to his truck. All day, I’ve been holding in tears. Kirstie and I haven’t talked much. It’s as hard for me as it is for her.

My closet was now fully packed up. I gazed over all the empty walls and shelves. While I did this, I could feel my eyes gloss over with a sheet of tears. As I brought my hand up to wipe the tear in the corner away, I felt a pair of strong arms hook around my waist from behind.

“What’s wrong, baby?” he asked quietly while leaving a soft kiss on my neck.

“It’s just sad leaving all of this… And Kirstie’s going to be alone… And…” I kept going, but he silenced me with a kiss.

Once he pulled away, I smiled at him. He knows just how to handle me; love my Toddie.

“Everything will be ok. It’s going to be hard for both of you at first, but it will all seem normal soon. It’s not like you guys are never seeing each other again. Even though I would love that…” he trailed off with a teasing smirk.

“Todd!” I said loudly.

He chuckled and went on to take the last box that was in my closet. I glared at him as that cute butt of his left my room. Once he was out of sight, I sighed and walked out to my empty room. The only things that were really left were my bed and dresser. Kirstie was sitting on my bed, looking down at something. I walked over to her and saw her holding a picture.

It took me a second to recognize it, but once I did, I smiled. We’ve obviously taken multiple trips from Temecula to LA so many times. But this one I remembered so well. It was when we left our home to permanently move here. We were so hyped up on Monster and Red Bull. Just looking at it made me laugh.

“I can’t believe you still have this,” she said, joining me in my laughter.

“Of course I do. I never laughed so hard in my life that day. I miss that day,” I sighed.

"I do too," she said a lot sadder than I let show.

I looked around my room for something that would make me smile... There was seriously nothing... But there was one thing. My stereo hasn't been taken out yet. If no one's touched it, a CD should be in there. I got up and hurried over to it. When I opened the player, I could have squealed.

I hit the seek button until the numbers light up twelve... the last song on the album. Right away, Alex Gaskarth’s voice filled my room with one of Kirstie and I’s favorite songs… Poppin’ Champagne!

She smiled a smile that was so big, which made mine force its way through. We started dancing around my room as the chorus kicked in. My stomach started hurting from how much we were laughing at each other. We’re such goofs when it’s only us and no one else is around.

And then Todd came in… I watched as he walked over and turned the volume on my stereo all the way down. He turned around and looked at me with an innocent smile. I glared at him, but… that smile has such a huge effect on me.

“I like that song, Todd,” Kirstie glared at him.

“I don’t. I hate All Time low,” he replied as he crossed his arms.

“You know what? You’re fiancée’s favorite band is All Time Low so you better get used to it,” she countered, making me smile.

“I know. I have to put up with it when we’re in her car,” he retorted with a roll of his gorgeous brown eyes. Like always, it made me smile.

“I don’t know how you’re going to live with him… for the rest of your life!” she said my way.

But it made both of us laugh… even Todd. A look in his eyes changed though. Seconds later, his hand made it back up to the stereo. Once again, the sweet voice of ATL’s lead singer was projecting through my room, making Kirstie and I dance yet again to This is How We Do. It wasn’t Poppin, but it still made our feet move. Todd even joined in…after I nagged him for a few seconds. He’s just so cute sometimes.

Once the song ended, I went over and turned the volume down just a little so we could hear each other talk. But we never said anything. It was so quiet… and awkward. Just from the sound of the silence, I wanted to break down in tears.

“Todd,” Kirstie finally said. His eyes traveled up to hers, unsure of what may come out of her mouth. “I know I’ve told you so many times before and I would hope you understand… Take care of Ky…” she went out, but Todd cut her off.

“I will Kirstie. That’s the main thing we have in common. We love her so much,” he said through a smile.

Kirstie nodded her head, agreeing with a huge smile. Urg! They’re going to make me cry. And if I start crying, Kirstie will too! To make this even worse, Kirstie turned to me and pulled me into a tight hug, making silent tears fall from my eyes.

“I’m going to miss you being here, Ky,” she said, trying so hard to keep her voice from cracking.

“I’m going to miss you too, Kirst; even your crazy, ADHD, Red Bull-ness,” I smiled even though tears were a steady thing now.

“You two, stop it. You’re going to make me cry,” Todd fake sobbed as I heard his heavy footsteps get closer.

Seconds later, both Kirstie and I were being held tightly against Todd’s chest. I smiled again and hugged onto my best friend and fiancée. We stayed this way in Todd’s beefy arms for a few minutes… and then Kirstie pulled away a little.

“You know, Todd? I really don’t like your hugs,” she said with a smile and her eyes red and puffy… that mine probably looked like too. But Todd and I laughed, making Kirstie’s smile grow more.

“That’s why I never hug you. All of my hugs are for Kylee,” Todd smirked while he took his arm away from Kirstie and hooked both of them around me.

“Now Kirstie’s left out. Todd, you’re a jerk,” I teased, as I pulled away from him to hug Kirstie again.

He can have all the hugs he wants later. I’m not going to see Kirstie like I have been since we were little. This is hard! We held onto each other for a few minutes before she walked us to the front door. I wasn’t about to lead her out to Todd’s truck. When I glanced out the window at his fully packed truck, I almost lost it. I can’t imagine Kirstie being much better.

“I may be sad right now, but I’m so happy for you guys. I guess Todd’s ok… he’s just kind of ugly and bear-like,” she teased, making me giggle and Todd roll his eyes.

“Hey, you can come over to my house now,” I smiled, sensing Todd’s eyes get big.

“Ah!” she squealed happily. “Just like old times,” she went on.

“If you need anything, Kirst, I’m just a phone call away and a few miles down the road,” I assured her while I pulled her into one last hug.

“I know,” she replied, holding me tightly. “Enjoy your Potter life,” she teased once Todd and I were starting for the door.

I smiled at her before I turned around and walked out to Todd’s truck. I was ok… I was ok… I was ok… until we pulled out into the road and I couldn’t see the house in the mirror anymore.

But I was ok with breaking down now. I didn’t want to do it in front of Kirstie. She’s a bit more emotional than I am. Me coming undone would make her so much worse. But I had Todd… and Kirstie had no one. Now I’m that much more worried about her. Where’ JG when you really need him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww :( lol

Ky & Todd

comment pretty please :D :D :D :D