Let the Walls Break Down

Your Brain Stopped Developing

I crawled into bed and curled up tightly. My body was shaking and my eyes were fixed on the window. I let out a scream and I jumped as a loud crack of thunder broke. I was so afraid of lightening it wasn’t even funny. Ever since that branch broke off and hit our house during a lightning storm that occurred as a kid I’ve been deathly afraid. A bad storm hasn’t happened in a while; the last bad one….Josh was with me. That was before we had even started dating. Gosh that seems so long ago.

I was broken out of my thoughts as another loud crack came. At this point I was getting really freaked out so I picked up the phone to call one of my brothers. Right as I was about to start dialing the phone rang and I threw it across the room with a scream. I laughed at myself as I got up to pick it up. If Ky was here right now she’d be cracking up.

I pushed out a hello as my eyes were still locked outside as the wind started to pick up.

“Hey Kirstie,” Ky’s voice greeted me but she went on saying “Todd is on his way to pick you up. I know how lightning storms freak you out so he’s coming to bring you to our house to spend the night.”

“Okay thanks Ky,” I told her as we hung up.

I grabbed a few of my things and threw them in a bag and right as I was finishing the doorbell rang. I ran down the stairs and flung open the door to reveal Todd who was soaking wet from the rain. I grabbed his hand and drug him right back out to the car getting drenched on the way.

I plopped down in the passenger seat and buckled my seat belt then pulled my knees up to my chest. Todd pulled out of my driveway and started toward his and Ky’s house. I kept staring out the window and I hadn’t said anything.

“Ky was right when she said you got really freaked out in lightning storms,” Todd said once we were half way to their house.

I didn’t say anything in reply I just held my hand out for him to see like I had done to Josh and it wouldn’t stop shaking. Todd took one hand off of the steering wheel and grasped my shaking hand in his. The rest of the way he held my hand and said encouraging words. All of these things made me feel a little better but it just made me want my Joshie even more.

Hey come here, It‘ll be okay. I‘m right here those words Josh had whispered to me so long ago swarmed around in my head and almost made me cry but luckily I was able to hold them in as we finally got to the Potter house. I ran inside with Todd following me and Ky was right there to engulf me in a big hug.

“You okay?” She asked.

“Yeah I’m fine…thanks for letting me hang here for tonight,” I said once we parted.

“Not a problem. All three of us can camp down here in the living room tonight,” Kylee suggested as she got a smile.

“Oh my gosh Ky you don’t need to do that. I’ll just sleep in the guest room and you and Todd can stay in your room, I know Todd would be much happier that way,” I smirked at Todd.

“No Kirstie. I know you don’t like lightning and friends are there for each other and were all sleeping down here tonight and that’s final,” She put her foot down.

“As long as I get to sleep next to my Cutie Ky,” Todd lowly said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and started leaving kisses on her neck. I just pretended to make gagging noises in the background which I’m sure they enjoyed.

“Todd why don’t you go get the sleeping bags,” Ky asked her fiancée.

“Only if you come with me, I’m too afraid to go by myself lightening freaks me out,” He pretended as he pouted out his bottom lip.

“Are you making fun of me?” I asked in a teasing tone.

“I Todd Potter, make fun of you? Why I would never do such a thing!” He snickered as he pulled Kylee up the stairs and shot me an innocent smile.

They came backa long time later with three sleeping bags and we all laid on the floor and Ky popped in a movie….Finding Nemo.

”YEAH NEMO!” I yelled like a little kid as the movie started and we were all curled up in our sleeping bags.

“I swear your brain stopped developing after age five,” Todd rolled his eyes.

“So did yours,” I countered back as I stuck my tongue out at him.

“What Josh ever saw in you I have no idea,” Todd mumbled….and that sure quieted me up fast.

Todd and Kylee had fallen asleep midway through the movie but I was still wide awake thinking about Josh and I. The end of our relationship reminded me of a lightning storm. It came out of nowhere and it was fierce. I hated every minute of it.

The next morning I felt something rubbing against my sleeping bag but I couldn’t manage to open my eyes.

“What time is it?” I mumbled.

“It’s almost noon,” Kylee’s voice replied.

The sound of a little bark filled my ears and my eyes shot open. I saw Kylee sitting on the couch and Todd was on his knees near my sleeping bag smirking while a little puppy was trying to attack the sleeping bag I was in.

“What is this?” I asked confused.

“This is a dog Kirstie,” Todd said like he was talking to a two year old.

“I know that but why is it here?” I rolled my eyes. The little puppy sauntered toward me and I pet its head.

“This little fur ball is here because I bought it for you,” Todd said like it was common knowledge.

You bought it for me?” I asked.

“Yeah Toddie thought you needed a friend since he stole me from you,” Ky smiled.

“Awww Todd thank you,” I said as I crawled out of my sleeping bag and gave him a big hug.

“Yeah and it gets you out of our hair,” Todd snickered.

“Oh thanks,” I sarcastically said as Ky whacked his arm.

“I was kidding,” He rolled his eyes.

The little puppy came romping over to me and started sniffing me. He then jumped up on my lap and licked my face. I scratched his belly and his tail started wagging like crazy. He was so adorable!

“He seemed like a pretty crazy puppy and the lady told me he was hyper so I figured you’d be a good match,” Todd laughed as did I.

We all played with him for a while before Ky asked me what I was going to name it. I said I’d think about it but I got up and walked around the couch and the little puppy followed me.

“I think you should name it Josh because Josh always followed you around like a puppy dog,” Todd said and Ky shot him a glare.

“No I think I’m going to name it Nemo,” I giggled.

“Please tell me you’re kidding,” Ky groaned.

“I am….okay how about Alex Gaskarth,” I laughed.

“I like that one!” Ky smiled.

“NO!” Todd objected.

“My dog,” I pointed out.

“I bought it for you,” he shot back.

“You gave it to me,” I countered.

“So,” he came back with as he gave me a goofy face that made me laugh.

“How about Alpine?“ I said

“oooh I like that,” Ky said.

“Is it because Josh wears Alpinestar boots?” Todd speculated but I just brushed him offbecause he was right and I didn’t want to admit it

“His name shall be Alpine and he shall be mine and he shall be my Alpine” I said quoting Finding Nemo.

“I’m so sick of that movie!” Todd groaned.

“Okay well I’ll stop annoying you and go home,” I said as I gave them both a hug then went to take my new doggie home.

I walked into my empty house and let my puppy run around. Alpine absolutely loved it here. I sat and played with him for a while before he got tired out. I sat on the couch and he curled up on my lap. It’s kind of sad I used to be cuddled up with a boyfriend and now I’m cuddled up with a dog…..but a very cute dog.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG GUYS! Kylee made me the most awesome profile in the entire world! you gotta check out my profile

please please please please comment!

Kirstie, Todd, Kylee and Nemo