Status: Temporary hiatus

Out of Her Sight and Out of His Mind

If You Got It All Figured Out, Then What Is There To Shout About?

He sat quietly on a bench pretending to read a book he had as he listened in on random conversations. One of the ones that he was focusing on was the one behind him. Shikamaru, Kiba and Naruto stood behind him dressing for gym.

"So when are you gonna do it dog breath? I mean how long has this been going on? Three years already? Just ask her. What's the worse she can say? No?" The noisy blond almost shouted. Shikamaru sighed.

"How troublesome. Just do it before the idiot does it for you." He said in a bored tone. "You know he will too." He leaned against the locker he had just closed, lazily. Kiba was finished next.

"Yea and that's the part that scares me the most. The worst she could do is stop being my friend all together. And that's not exactly what I want." His brow furrowed and he crossed his arms.

"Ok, you are talking about my sister right? I mean [i[HELLLOOOO, she's the sweetest person on the planet earth. There's no way she'd stop being your friend just because you asked her out. I mean she's still friends with Lee right?" Both Shikamaru and Kiba looked to one another shrugging and agreeing to the statement.

It was true. Lee had asked her out and she had just smiled at him gave him a hug and told him they were only friends and thanked him for the offer. The two had stayed close friends afterward. And then he had ended up dating Sakura.

Finally Naruto had finished and the three began walking out with some of the other boys. Sasuke just quietly followed still listening.

"Yea I guess you're right. I'll try tomorrow when her and the girls go to the mall. I'll just casually bump into them and..." He was cut off by an elbow to his ribs.

"Lookit you. Bein' all fancy and romantic like." The loud blond laughed gaining himself a few other laughs from guys who had all asked if he was finally going to ask. The feral teen just blushed like mad.

As if on que the petite girl the boys had been talking about waved and shouted from the stage she was sitting on.

"Oi! Kiba, Naru! Get over here!" She yelled with a giant smile. Both boys made a bolt for the girl seeing who could get there faster. Sasuke's heart raced again when he saw her smile and he could feel himself getting alarmed and tried calming himself with a somewhat bored sigh. A couple of girls walked by him huddled close to each other and giggled as he did this.

The entire class had gathered around the petite girl at the stage so Sasuke decided to stay on the outskirts of the massive group. Finally after a few minutes the teachers walked in. A man with spiky hair and a bandanna at the top of his head walked out of the boys locker room placing a toothpick in his mouth to substitute a cigarette. A shorter woman with hair in a spiky ponytail and a rough attitude stepped out of the girls locker room.

The petite girl sitting on stage immediately looked up and across the gym at the man with a giant grin on her face.

"Asuma-sensei! What is the class doing today?!" She yelled above the talking class. Both the woman and the teacher now known as Asuma smiled at the girls eagerness.

"As sharp as ever Shina." He answered back. "I'll tell you what we're gonna do once we get attendance like always." Both teachers then nodded to one another and Asuma began calling the last names of all the boys.

"Uchiha?" He then called breaking the quiet teen out of his thoughts which brought him to where he had to actually raise his voice.

"Here!" Said boy called quickly. Asuma looked up to get a look at the boys face. It seemed as bored as ever and he smirked thinking after this class there was no way he was going to be bored.

"Ah, fresh meat I see." He nodded and continued.

"Uzumaki," he finally called and got a quick 'here!' from the blond. Sasuke then nodded to himself thinking about Shina's name. 'Uzumaki Shina. Thing Swirl. That's got to be the oddest name ever. I wonder who thought of naming her.' Asuma then finished letting the woman beside him call names.

"Alright girls listen up!" She was a loud woman the raven would give her that. The girls let out a chorus of "Yes Anko!!" The teacher had begun calling names and got to the M's.

"Muyou!" A smile spread across her lips.

"Of course I'm here Anko! I don't see why you bother calling my name anymore." It was Shina who spoke. Sasuke's head tilted in complete confusion for the hundredth time that day. 'Wait. If they're brother and sister why aren't their names the same? And again what's with her name, Useless Thing?!' The raven was beginning to feel very dumb for being so confused all day long.

The teachers had then began explain what they were going to be playing today. A game of ultimate frisbee. A game that was fun and hard to play that got the blood pumping. As Asuma had split the class evenly giving one team blue pinnies Anko had stayed by Shina talking with her.

Sasuke had been on the same team as Kiba and Shikamaru, the team without pinnies, and Naruto was stuck on the opposite team. The four of them had been up first with two girls, Ino and Sakura, making it three on three.

"I got Naruto." Kiba said with a devilish smirk in place.

"I'll get Ino. Looks like you get Sakura, Uchiha. Think you can handle that." The boy rolled his eyes. How bad could blocking one girl be. She seemed pretty fragile too so that was a plus for him.

"Yea, I think I got her." He said with a smirk on his lips.

"Heh, don't under-estimate her Uchiha. She can kick our asses any day. She can definitely kick yours." Said teen only raised a brow as if saying 'I'd like to see her try.' Both boys shrugged. "Ok your funeral bro." Kiba finished laughing at him.

The game had started and Sasuke was able to fend off Sakura for the most part. Something had cut through his concentration in the middle though and he was shoved to the ground by the overly excited pink blob. It was Shina's cheering. She was loud when she needed to be and this was one of the times she felt she needed it.

"GO KIBAA!!!!" She cheered then called for Shikamaru and Sasuke. She wanted anyone to win, but Naruto's team she was still a little upset with him. As Sasuke was pushed to the ground he heard a bunch of hisses from the crowd of teens feeling his pain. They all knew Sakura's hits were harsh. Thankfully he tuned out her cheering and got back on the floor to play. Kiba had helped him up and the two ran to where the frisbee was.

"You ok man? What was up with the spill? You looked like you saw a ghost! And not to burst your pride bubble or nothin', but, told ya so." The boy laughed.

"Hn," Was the raven's reply feeling a bit sour from being pushed by a girl. Finally their time was up and they were winning by one point. He moved to the back of the line by Shina and Anko. He could hear their conversation.

"How'd they do? Who won?" She asked Anko not even turning to her just leaning. Anko smiled looking to the girl then the game.

"Kiba's team won that round with one point. Naruto's not doing so good today." She pointed out. Sasuke was still very confused. Why was she asking how the game went if she was standing right there with her eyes wide open. And why wasn't she playing? She was perfectly fine there was nothing wrong with her from what he saw.

He shook his head and went back to playing the game. His team had won 15-5.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 .... omg I'm on a roll

title - "If You Got It All Figured Out, Then What Is There To Shout About."- Nevershoutnever!(Big City Dreams)