Silver Locket

Curious

"Hello?"

No response. My foster parents must have gone out for the evening.

Crap. 8.52 pm. Looks like its gonna be a quick shower after all. I run upstairs taking my clothes off and dumping them in the washing basket on my way to the bathroom. I love having the house to myself. I jump in the shower and turn it on and let the stream of hot water drench me.

After I have washed I get out the shower and wrap the warm towel around me. I look at the time, 9.15. Damn no time to dry my hair. I turn my CD player on loud and let It's not over yet by The Klaxons drown out the noise from outside. This song just makes me want to dance around. Come on! no time to dance around you bedroom! you have to get ready! I tell myself as I rummage around my wardrobe looking for some clean clothes.

I'm putting a belt on my jeans when the doorbell rings. Must be Peter coming to pick me up. I run downstairs to the front door and open it. A big grin erupts on his face.

"Hey Maddy" he says cheerfully as he walks through the door.

"Hi Peter, How you been?"

"I'm good thanks. Yourself?"

"OK i guess, there was some trouble in the park earlier on my way home from work. One of
Bradley Mansfield's cronies mugged some poor girl."

"Oh goodness, is she OK?"

"Yeah I got there just in time, she hit her head on the pavement and twisted her ankle but that was it. He ran off when I arrived.

"That Mansfield boy must get no discipline when he's at home, he's bad news. I bet he threatened that boy to attack anyone he came across."

"I know, although that stepbrother of his that lives with them in the sometimes is OK. Will his name is."

"When did you meet him then?" Peter asked inquisitively

"Earlier on, the girl in the park, Anna her name was, she said that she was on her way see Will when she got attacked. I helped her home and he opened the door. They must be friends or something. I think he goes to boarding school somewhere because he's only around in the school holidays, if at all."

Peter looked concerned,

"What is it?" I asked

"Oh, nothing. Anyway, so where do you want to go to eat?"

"Nando's! As if you really needed to ask." I grin at him. Since I first met Peter, every time we go out for dinner we always go to Nando's to have what I think is he best chicken burger you could ever eat. It's tradition.

"Let's go then."

We had something to eat and we chatted about those dreams I've been having. He said that there was nothing to worry about and to let him know if i had any more because I could be right in thinking that it was from before my accident. He also said that because they have people that I know from now mixed in, I shouldn't take them too seriously at the moment.

I couldn't help but think that Peter seemed really nervous about me telling him this, but it was probably just the shock of me remembering something suddenly. It's been five years now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm useless at this whole updating thing. Bit busy at the moment though with school etc