Status: Inspiration trickling into my brain, updates soon to come...?

It's Complicated

Imprinting

Image

~Jacob’s Point Of View~

It wasn’t uncommon for me to go visit the Cullens. I enjoyed hanging out with Bella and Renesmee, I even liked hanging with Edward and sometimes Rosalie.

Those freaky old blood suckers ended up leaving everyone be and Sam even came to the frontlines of the possible battle, though he and his pack quickly returned to La Push right after all was said and done.

But that didn’t matter right now, all that was important at this moment was seeing Nessie and Bella. I was alone today, usually my pack would be with me but I didn’t feel the need to have them come unless they wished it.

“Wished what?” A voice asked in my head, it was Leah. My run quickly turned into a leisurely walk while I wait for her to catch up to me. It shouldn’t take that long considering she was the fastest of the pack.

“Damn straight I’m the fastest.” She gloated, I just roll my eyes.

“Why are you tagging along? I thought you had better things to do then to visit the ‘baby leech’.” I clench my jaw at the name Leah often used when referring to Nessie.

“Would you prefer the Loch Ness Leech?” She mused as a snarl formed deep in my chest, causing the flock of birds I was passing to fly away in fear.

“Alright, I’m sorry…I’ll call her Nessie from now on.” She whined while trotting to my side. I stop my reply when I take a deep breath, taking in a sweet scent that almost made me gag. I knew this smell…it was a vampires aroma and from what I could make of it, it didn’t belong to any of the Cullens.

Leah’s low growling beside me snaps me to attention.

“Go get the others, I’m going to warn the Cullens something’s going on.” I order, she leaves my side without a word.

I too take off in a sprinting run, jumping over a freshly fallen tree that lay in my path. Those new vampires odor filled my senses with every breath I took, it made me wonder how long these leeches had been around. I was glad that I lost their trail about two miles from the Cullens home, it meant that they hadn’t come near Nessie so they weren’t part of the Volturi…but then, who were they?

“Jacob.” I hear Bella’s wind chime voice when I trot towards the deck of the big white house. The wall of windows revealing bits and pieces of their furniture.

Bella and Edward and Renesmee didn’t live in this house anymore but they spent most of their time here. My ears fold back as I slow my trot to a walk when she speeds towards me, her brow furrowed at my cautious disposition.

“What is it?” She asked while placing a gentle hand on my muzzle. I whimper and wished that Edward were here, I didn’t want to change back when those vampires could be but two or three miles from here.

“What vampires?” Thank god, Edward was here to read my thoughts.

“Wow, I’ve never gotten such a welcome from you before. What’s the occasion?” He mused with a smile that slowly faded when I didn’t retort to his teasing.

“Didn’t you smell the vampires nearby? They’re about two or three miles from here.” I explain, looking him dead in the eye. His golden eyes flickered with curiosity and anger at this information.

“He says that there are vampires nearby.” He told Bella who, looked between us with frantic red eyes. Her irises still in transition from newborn red to vegetarian topaz.

“The Volturi?” She gasped, grasping her chest. I quickly shake my head to appease her anxieties.

“Then who?” She asked after letting a small sigh of relief out.

“Don’t worry, the pack and I are going to check it out. I’ll let out a howl if the matter manifests into anything bigger then simple nomadic leeches wondering about.” Edward nods and I was gone when he started explaining what he’d just heard to Bella. There was no protest from her, but I did faintly hear a ‘be careful’ before meeting up with the rest of my pack.

We ran as one unit, Leah on my left flank and Embry on my right, Quil sticking to Embry’s left and Seth staying at Leah’s right. Together we made a shape similar to a V. It took only ten minutes or so to find our targets, we approached from the back. There were two males and one female.

“Looks like we get to have some fun today after all.” Quil happily cheers, his eyes focused on the big male standing over the female who was kneeling down in front of something.

“Calm down, Quil, you’ll blow our cover.” Leah scolded, though, it was clear she was excited as well. I had no such yearning to kill these nomads.

“Don’t think that way Jake, we’ll all be called the leeches’ lapdogs if you don’t let us have at them.” Embry whined, his ears flickering back for a second before pointing forward again. I let out a short sigh, hoping those bloodsuckers couldn’t hear me.

“Enough, we’re here to protect our territory and if they don’t leave willingly then we’ll have to use force. It’s as simple as that.” I snort, using that Alpha tenor I’d quickly grown accustomed to. They all crouched down as I stood tall and watched as my pack surrounded the targets.

“Look, Freya, doggies.” The big male informed, my heart leaping out of my chest. How could he have known we were here? We were especially careful when sneaking up on them.

“Big doggies.” The small male mused, straightening his posture as he turned towards Seth’s position.

“What do we do, Jake?” Seth asked, lightly showing his sharp rows of teeth.

“Hold until I say so.” I growl while walking towards the group, my ears pinned against my head, the hair on my ruff standing straight up, and my lips pulled back in a grimace to reveal my teeth.

“Look one wants to come play with you, Freya.” The big male chuckles, turning towards me with his arms crossed casually. I let a loud snarl slip over my tongue and past my slightly parted jaws.

“It’s not a dog for one, they’re wolves…Very big wolves.” A shockingly symphonic voice silenced my hideous snarl, though, my position never changed.

“They could even be the shape-shifters we were warned about.” She adds as she stood, her dark honey locks gracefully flowing as she turned towards me.

It was when our eyes met that heat spread through my body but it was a different kind of heat then when I was about to phase, it felt like nothing was holding me to the ground anymore…nothing but this creature before me.

My grimace instantly disappeared, my ears now pert, and my crouch disintegrating when I stood straight up. My eyes glued to her as she tilts her head to the side in confusion. I couldn’t hear my packs voices any longer…Oh, no....Did I just Imprint!? What’s worse is that she’s a vampire!

I shake my head back and forth, some part of me thinking that if I did it hard enough my Imprinting could magically be undone but it couldn’t. I was bound to this vampire now, whether she wanted me or not I would be at her service. I didn’t have a choice…Now I knew how the pack felt when I ordered them to do something.

Speaking of which, my pack was about to tear my Imprint into shreds. Swiftly I jump in front of her, Leah was about to tackle her. My previous grimace returning along with the hair on the scruff of my neck standing on end, the only thing different was that my ears were alert and forward as I let out a deep warning growl.

Leah’s snarling face melted like a snowflake in your hand, her ears pulled back so hard that she looked like she didn’t have any, her eyes wide with terror, her tail going between her legs, and she was practically rolling over onto her back in an act of submitting. The rest of the pack instantly stopped and mimicked her behavior after seeing my stern expression.

“What’s going on Jacob!?” Leah demanded even though she was still in her submissive state. I turn back towards her with dark emotions of loathing running through my veins. I hated her for trying to attack my Imprint.

“This girl is my Imprint, you shall not touch her in any way or form. Got that!?” I let a low growl slip between my teeth as they all whimper.

“You Imprinted on a bloodsucking leech? Seriously!?” She whined when I looked down at her, my bared teeth disappearing as I stood straight up. I now towered over the small grey wolf before me, feeling guilty at the hatred I had no control over.

“You know as well as I do that I don’t have control over it…And please, Leah, take every thought I have of loathing towards you with a grain of salt. I can’t seem to control that either…” It wasn’t an order it was more of a suggestion or a request. I didn’t want her to think I purposefully despised her.

“What’s going on, Cain?” The small male asked the large one; Cain. I let out a sigh before turning towards the girl standing behind me. She looked a little confused and startled but nothing more than that.

“Why not ask, Freya? She can speak with them, can you not, dear one?” I snarl at the affection he put into her nickname as well as her first name. It was such a beautiful name, Freya…

“I cannot decipher what they are thinking…so they must be human.” She whispered, reaching out to touch my muzzle. My body acted of its own accord when I lowered my head to allow her easier access.

Her hand was cold but a kind of soothing cold you want after you get sunburn. Her other hand lifted and pet the top of my head. I grumble in pleasure when she scratches behind my ear.

“Well, since they aren’t attacking us anymore. We should move on.” Cain said turning and walking past the frozen Quil and Embry, the small male following him.

“Come Freya Anne, we have no use for shape-shifting mutts.” I rip my head from Freya’s grasps to snarl at him but she stops me with her iron like grasps.

“This one is not a mutt, Cain, do not speak ill of him for he has a beautiful set of eyes and a rich pelt.” She growled, I was shocked at how commanding her voice was.

“Forgive me, I did not know you felt such feelings for a mere cur.” He snapped right back, my ears flicker back in anger but it was when he appeared by her side and roughly grabbed her arm when I flipped out.

Biting down on his shoulder with such force I was sure that if I put just a little more pressure I could bite through his entire arm and shoulder. What surprised me was he made no indication that it hurt.

“Cain!” Freya exclaimed letting me go and placing wary hands on his free shoulder.

“Please…let him go…” She begged me without so much as looking me in the eye. Whining I did as she commanded, unable to feel the will to resist. I let him go and he scowled and instantly smacked me into the farthest tree from where Freya stood.

“Insolent mutt!” He shouted and instantly she was by my side, lightly touching my now broken shoulder. I whimpered when she put the slightest of pressure on it.

“Leave the beast, Freya, we must go.” I whine when she stood.

“Wait for me at the hotel, I want to help this one to a safe location.” She sternly proclaimed, staring Cain straight in the eye as she said it. He didn’t deny her this and him and the small male left quickly before my pack could attack.

“Please, forgive him…Cain is prone to jealousy of the smallest creatures.” She whispered in my ear as she helped me stand, going to my injured side to act as a crutch.

“Please, wolves, guide me to your Alpha’s home.” They all glare at her before looking at me.

“Do as she says.” I order in my strongest Alpha tone, reluctantly they all do as I say and lead us back to the Cullens.

“This is a house…you live here?” I shake my head and let out a small yelp. I could see Bella standing behind the wall of windows with Renesmee in her arms. She quickly handed her off to the blonde vampire and ran outside, Carlisle, and Edward joining her.

I take a deep whiff of Freya’s scent, it hurt to take such a deep breath but I wanted to memorize is so I could find her again.

“Who are you?” Bella asked, weakly I bare my teeth at her. I’d just met my Imprint and my bond to her was already so strong that I’d turn against Bella for her.

“This is Jacob’s…Imprint.” Edward announced, Bella’s red eyes widening in shock, even Carlisle was in disbelief at this fact.

“But…how? She’s a…” Bella stammered, trying to rack her mind for a logical answer.

“And how did you get hurt, Jake?”

“It’s complicated…” I softly whimper when Freya helped me lay down on my good side.

“Well, I don’t know what’s going on or what this Imprinting is…but I have to get back to my coven, goodbye.” She whispered gingerly running her fingers through my ruff before disappearing into the woods.

I let out a pained yowl, it didn’t feel right for her to leave without seeing who I was as a man. To leave without even knowing what I was or what may name was. Letting out a louder half howl, half yowl I black out, Carlisle must have injected me with some kind of sedative....
♠ ♠ ♠
Not my best work...but it's alright. To be perfectly honest...I didn't fully read Breaking Dawn so I'm kinda winging it...I know, bad fan girl...
Thanks for reading this far, I hope it wasn't complete torture.