Status: Workin' on it.

Link's Tale

Chapter Three

Seven years have passed since Lord Ganondorf took over Hyrule. The whole country was under control of the military. The only jobs that existed were ones that were deemed needed by Ganondorf. No longer were people able to fulfill their ambitions, instead they were ordered to take up tasks they were dictated to them by military men. People everywhere were suffering barely having enough food to eat, and being worked to the bone under this tyranny.

Homes were subject to be taken over by soldiers and the people had to serve them food and house them if they needed sleep. It was a terrible time all the provinces experienced this fate. Ordon village, Link’s native village had a small area where people went for refuge. It was almost like a safehouse. By no means was anyone there a “resistence” no this was simply a well hidden house for any homeless people out there. It was run by an old woman who kept under the radar during all this, shes started if a few months after the takeover and it has been up and running ever since.

The prisoners were made into workers for the state. They were barely paid if at all and all lived in the old Sheikah Village, Kakariko Village. The village was shut down when Hyrule was taken over. Its guarded by walls so no one can escape. Within the walls are small homes built so close you can hear your next door neighbor yawn. This is what consisted in the entire town, no stores or any source of food, which was given to them at work in very small amount so no one could get spoiled at home.
Most of the prisoners who were in this village were the Hyruleans who were alive during the prosperous times of Hyrule. Ganondorf felt it was best to keep them contained so none of them would get any ideas of a revolution. If Link’s parents are still alive this is where they would be.

Link, now an older teenager, has grown into a typical thief, a mediocre one at that. He had nowhere to stay or anyone to take care of him so for the last seven years he would wait around people’s houses and steal food when he can and take shelter in any empty rooms, leaving very early the next morning.

He did not have malice intents, he needed to survive it’s just that he only saw this as a means of survival. He still had his wooden shield and sword his dad made for him some eight years ago, the only thing he has left of his presumably dead parents. Link was on his way back to his native Ordon Village, a place he hasn’t been since that day seven years ago when his life was changed and ruined forever.

He had stolen some clothes from the last house he hid in, a green tunic a green hat to match it, also he had these run down brown boots that had holes in the toes which aggravated Link to no end because it was cold outside and his feet were now always frigid.

Link arrived to the outskirts of Ordon Village where he saw some guards patrolling the streets. He knew he had to stay invisible if he was going to find a place to stay tonight at least if he was going to be able to choose where he stayed. Outside the entrance there were trees; Ordon Village was the area with the most forest in all of Hyrule. Link was hiding behind a big one waiting for the guards to pass so he could make his move. He scanned the area and saw an opening, As soon as the guard nearest to him made his turn down the street, Link could quietly sprint behind the house on right and sneak in for his food and possibly shelter.